Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

OEM Front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 07:37 PM
MARM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default OEM Front bumper

Brethren, I'm having a hell of a time finding a front bumper for my 2013 427 convertible (Night Race Blue) and I need to put the bat signal out. Long story short, deer jumped in front of me, spun out and caused $15k in damage to my Vette (Geico took care of the bill). Everything is put back together except for the front bumper.... The OEM front bumper is discontinued. FML. Having the stock wide body makes the hunt that much more interesting. I just ordered what I thought would work however, it didn't come with the mounting tabs for the fog lights and none of the holes are drilled out. Came with some lame *** mesh inside. I shipped it back and bla bah blaaahh. I'll even put the fiberglass one on if I have to at this point. The car has been in the shop for 3 MONTHS!!!! I'm dying over here without my LS7 in th garage. I don't need it painted but anything that fits will work.

Old 05-17-2024, 08:08 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 779 Likes on 508 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by MARM
Brethren, I'm having a hell of a time finding a front bumper for my 2013 427 convertible (Night Race Blue) and I need to put the bat signal out. Long story short, deer jumped in front of me, spun out and caused $15k in damage to my Vette (Geico took care of the bill). Everything is put back together except for the front bumper.... The OEM front bumper is discontinued. FML. Having the stock wide body makes the hunt that much more interesting. I just ordered what I thought would work however, it didn't come with the mounting tabs for the fog lights and none of the holes are drilled out. Came with some lame *** mesh inside. I shipped it back and bla bah blaaahh. I'll even put the fiberglass one on if I have to at this point. The car has been in the shop for 3 MONTHS!!!! I'm dying over here without my LS7 in th garage. I don't need it painted but anything that fits will work.
There's one on Facebook in Hayward. I just messaged him and he said it's still available for I think $600.

PM me as it won't let me post a link to his Facebook profile.
Old 05-20-2024, 10:48 AM
GMJim
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 152 Posts

A little pricey and in Florida but......

​​​​​​https://performancecorvettes.com/pro...em-gm-widebody

Last edited by GMJim; 05-20-2024 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-20-2024, 10:55 AM
GMJim
Drifting

Much cheaper and closer to home and reported to be new GM?

​​​​​​https://www.westcoastcorvette.com/pr...tyle-2005-2013
Old 05-20-2024, 10:58 AM
GMJim
Drifting

And another
https://www.corvetteguys.com/product...tyle-2005-2013
Old 05-20-2024, 06:45 PM
MARM
Advanced

Dude... thank you guys so much. I hit up that guy in Hayward and sure enough he had one. I picked it up on Saturday. The shop should be painting as we speak.

C6 Brotherhood runs deep.
Old 05-20-2024, 06:53 PM
MARM
Advanced

You rock! I appreciate your help with my bumper saga. I think I'm good to go now. Picked up a used one over the weekend. I tried one of those bumper cover style that you sent links to but I recently found out (the hard way) they don't come with the mounting tabs for the fog lights. Just mesh inside covering the grill and fog light holes. , They also don't have any of the holes drilled out to mount it to the car. I had to send it back and of course it got damaged in the shipping process. Without my Vette in my garage the whole world has gone crazy!! Must get her back soon for the sake of humanity and my bank account.
Old 05-20-2024, 07:29 PM
GMJim
Drifting

You rock! I appreciate your help with my bumper saga. I think I'm good to go now. Picked up a used one over the weekend. I tried one of those bumper cover style that you sent links to but I recently found out (the hard way) they don't come with the mounting tabs for the fog lights. Just mesh inside covering the grill and fog light holes. , They also don't have any of the holes drilled out to mount it to the car. I had to send it back and of course it got damaged in the shipping process. Without my Vette in my garage the whole world has gone crazy!! Must get her back soon for the sake of humanity and my bank account.
Strange that they would claim their GM. For GM! Kind of misleading! Glad you gor what you need!
Old 05-20-2024, 11:25 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 779 Likes on 508 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Dude... thank you guys so much. I hit up that guy in Hayward and sure enough he had one. I picked it up on Saturday. The shop should be painting as we speak.

C6 Brotherhood runs deep.
Oh excellent, glad it worked out!

Get notified of new replies

To OEM Front bumper

Quick Reply: OEM Front bumper