Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

So The Jake Wickerbill Bridge Came Today Just Finished Installing It

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 12:19 PM
DeltaT
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Those shots look better. How about a shot from the approximate height and distance as if someone was driving behind you, and maybe a 3/4 profile shot?
Old 05-28-2024, 11:30 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,389 Likes on 1,240 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Glennm27
Downforce should be added equally. Adding downforce to the rear will result in front end lift.
On the C7 if you added the clear bridge it was advisable to then add the larger front winglets to even the car out. Aero is tricky business.
While that is true, there are a lot of other variables including your preferred driving style, speed of the corner, etc. On previous front engine Corvettes, I always liked a little more grip in the rear as it made the car feel more stable to me. The C8 is much more balanced and communicative than any of the previous front-engine chassis cars, and after doing a track weekend a week ago, I'm not sure it really needs the wicker bridge, but there were a few high speed corners where I feel like I could have used a little more rear downforce to help apply power.
The following users liked this post:
robob (05-28-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 07:18 PM
robob
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by ZachZ06
Ive owned previous generation Z06s and still never heard of a wicker bill. And after seeing it now, I for sure dont want it on my Z06. You want downforce for the track, you should have gotten the Z07 package with the high wing! Thats what I did this time.
Have you heard of a Gurney Flap? That's the idea from which it comes. Very common on race cars for added downforce.

Dan Gurney added a lip to an existing wing and thus was born the Gurney Flap.

Y'all be cool,
Robert
Old 05-30-2024, 01:29 AM
MagicGlass
Drifting

Received 1,232 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapid Z
Not 100% sure I like it yet. Glad I only paid $200 for it.
I like it I think it looks great, fills in that awkward hole between the two wickers.

Quick Reply: So The Jake Wickerbill Bridge Came Today Just Finished Installing It