Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Is It Just Me

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 11:31 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 836 Likes on 395 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Default Is It Just Me

I was sitting here yesterday wondering about all the latest Facebook post from all these different products on paint protection. Some of which are of course Ceramic or claim to be while others claim to be better than ceramic and easier to apply. Of course, they all use cars that have or at least appear to have flawless paint and make all these claims. There is one that that simply says spray it on the car then hosed the car down and dry it and you are done. They also say it will last for up to a year.
I know we all use are favorite products and I for one am a fan of the Adams Detail line and been using it for 15-20 years. I have tried a few different products, but I always go back to Adams.
I decided to order a bottle of this new MaxEasy to try on the Wife's SUV, seeing it is more of a daily driver. I already tried the Torque and found nothing that impressed me.
So, has anyone else found any of these so-called wonder products to be what they claim? I am not looking for a simple spray on wipe off product, because I don't believe they would last until the next wash, so they are more like a detail spray.
I used the Adams Advanced Graphene Ceramic Spray, but it is not a actual spray and wipe product, it is applied with an applicator, in the crosshatch method and then wait for the rainbow effect and then buff it off. Much like the top tier ceramic products just a lot less forgiving and can be removed with a buffer and polish.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:18 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 750 Likes on 475 Posts

Those products are targeted at people who I venture to say are gullible to begin with. That audience is limited in product knowledge and fall for the advertising gimmicks.
Personally, I wouldn’t waste time or money when even the big box stores have tried and trued products that cater to the weekend warrior. These FB companies are not re-inventing the wheel
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 04:38 PM
Nitro-C5

Received 3,087 Likes on 909 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'12, '14-'15

Originally Posted by yamabob
Those products are targeted at people who I venture to say are gullible to begin with. That audience is limited in product knowledge and fall for the advertising gimmicks.
Personally, I wouldn’t waste time or money when even the big box stores have tried and trued products that cater to the weekend warrior. These FB companies are not re-inventing the wheel

yup! Stick with the either the Prosumer/Professional brands with a long track record of quality (CarPro, Gyeon, Adams, Groits, P&S) or the well know consumer brands with the same type of long term reputation (Meguiars, Turtle Wax etc..)
The following 2 users liked this post by Nitro-C5:
FYRARMS (04-30-2024), yamabob (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 05:38 PM
endus
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 103 Posts

Agree with the above, although some level of protection is usually better than absolutely nothing.

Ceramic is the hot thing now. I was a late adopter but I would say it lives up to the hype. Ceramics are at the harder end of products to work with, but there is a spectrum of difficulty and the easier ones are not too bad. I've been using it on the Vette wheels for a few years now and it is definitely a multi-year product. I also rolled the dice and used Carpro DLUX on the black plastic trim on my FJ. That's a bit of a trickier application but it came out amazing and has lasted a couple of years already.

Polymer Sealants were the longevity king before Ceramic. There are easier and harder ones to apply, but IMHO if the one you are using is hard to work with throw it in the garbage and get something else. Pinnacle's polymer sealant might be the easiest paint protection product I've ever used. It will last a season.

Then wax, we all know wax.

After these comes all the spray on products.
Old 05-01-2024, 11:37 AM
Nitro-C5

Received 3,087 Likes on 909 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'12, '14-'15

Originally Posted by endus
Agree with the above, although some level of protection is usually better than absolutely nothing.

Ceramic is the hot thing now. I was a late adopter but I would say it lives up to the hype. Ceramics are at the harder end of products to work with, but there is a spectrum of difficulty and the easier ones are not too bad. I've been using it on the Vette wheels for a few years now and it is definitely a multi-year product. I also rolled the dice and used Carpro DLUX on the black plastic trim on my FJ. That's a bit of a trickier application but it came out amazing and has lasted a couple of years already.

Polymer Sealants were the longevity king before Ceramic. There are easier and harder ones to apply, but IMHO if the one you are using is hard to work with throw it in the garbage and get something else. Pinnacle's polymer sealant might be the easiest paint protection product I've ever used. It will last a season.

Then wax, we all know wax.

After these comes all the spray on products.
Not to correct you, but I think when you are stating "Spray on Products" I believe you are referencing "Quick Detailers" which are pretty much only for cleaning with very little protection. To that point there are some very good "spray on products" that are more for protection hat you apply and wipe off...ie: CarPro Reload, Turtle Wax Hybrid etc... then of course Gyeon Wet Coat and CarPro Hydr02 that you actually spray on and then hose off etc...

Get notified of new replies

To Is It Just Me

Quick Reply: Is It Just Me