Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 06:15 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,063 Likes on 1,371 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by flyercatz77
I own a 2017 and it will be my last. Even if I wanted a C8, I couldn't afford one.
I could afford a C8 but don't want one, at least right now.
The C8 retail prices are going through the roof, I wonder how much it would be costing GM if they were still building the C7.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:52 PM
Adam9066
Cruising

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
I could afford a C8 but don't want one, at least right now.
The C8 retail prices are going through the roof, I wonder how much it would be costing GM if they were still building the C7.
I would say i couldnt afford it because i honestly couldnt justify the pricing on the new vette. I paid more for a new boat last year but im not paying that for a new car thats a toy. I have a hard enough time paying 95k for a new truck even. I was trading my trucks in every 2-3years but im going to 5-6 years now just because how expensive they have gotten.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Goat 2 Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 482 Likes on 286 Posts

You can actually find 2023's a lot cheaper now. I have yet to drive one, so I don't even know if I would like it.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:26 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,261 Likes on 1,966 Posts

Originally Posted by C7nut
Forget the tranny, my problem is looks. After 5 C8 years I still cannot get past the poorly designed rear end. To me it's awful.
I love corvettes but why spend 90k on a car you don't like the way it looks?
If I could be sure the C8 would be supported more unlike the 92-96 C4 which was the LT1 engine that died in 96, I would have gone with a used C8 since the hot saleslady let me ride one. No way I could be sure if it would be supported much after the C8 and I would like the techs to get more comfortable with fixing a rear engine car. What shape the C9 takes, who can say. I needed to be able to put the power to the ground and it delivered. Later tech than the C7 but the support was the dealbreaker. TBH, if you put the C7 skin on the C8 or the C8 skin on the C7, I'd still buy it. I don't look at the car when I drive or when it sits in the garage. I do play with the power and fiddle with the gadgets so there it is.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:34 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Goat 2 Vette
I felt the same way about the C7. I don't anymore, but unless you get a ported throttle body on it and a throttle controller, it just sucks driving it. I never drove a C7 before buying one, but after I got it and felt the lazy gas pedal, if it wasn't fixable, I would have immediately went back to a C6.
I didn't go with the TB. I went with Diablew who increased the throttle tip in and added a little bit more power. None of this verified since I don't have a way handy that can see how much more he gave but compared with the canned tune from Diablo that was a little choppy, his tune was smoother based on the RPM fluctuation. Supposedly, if you go past the 30% throttle tip in, the car would slip and be no fun. So happy for now.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:36 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Adam9066
I would say i couldnt afford it because i honestly couldnt justify the pricing on the new vette. I paid more for a new boat last year but im not paying that for a new car thats a toy. I have a hard enough time paying 95k for a new truck even. I was trading my trucks in every 2-3years but im going to 5-6 years now just because how expensive they have gotten.
I drive it 8 months of a year. Those times, I don't drive the truck. That makes it more worthwhile when you play with it every day.
Old 05-07-2024, 03:54 PM
Goat 2 Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 482 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
I didn't go with the TB. I went with Diablew who increased the throttle tip in and added a little bit more power. None of this verified since I don't have a way handy that can see how much more he gave but compared with the canned tune from Diablo that was a little choppy, his tune was smoother based on the RPM fluctuation. Supposedly, if you go past the 30% throttle tip in, the car would slip and be no fun. So happy for now.
Get a ported throttle body and throttle controller from Soler Performance. It will be a much more enjoyable car to drive, I promise! Best mod on my car by far. Its super fun to drive now.
Old 05-07-2024, 04:42 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Goat 2 Vette
Get a ported throttle body and throttle controller from Soler Performance. It will be a much more enjoyable car to drive, I promise! Best mod on my car by far. Its super fun to drive now.
Will that do now that I already have had the tip in increased? I'm running street tires and was told that mire than 30% increase in tip in could end up making the car slip. Just curious.
The following users liked this post:
TigerVette (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 11:02 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,032 Likes on 2,905 Posts

Originally Posted by Gixxerman
The C8 looks like a tranny to me Terrible looks and can't decide what it is ..
Originally Posted by LT4CMG
Nah, it's just transitioning into a Eurosexual. Waxed eyebrows and *****, manbun, prefers a frappuccino over regular coffee.
The draw of an automatic transmission is irresistible to some. The c8 does it for them....
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2024, 11:13 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,032 Likes on 2,905 Posts

Originally Posted by 91Vette
Had the chance to drive my neighbor's C8 (we're both gearheads, so enjoy sharing our passion) and came away impressed. Acceleration was crisp (I did not push it very hard) and the DCT shifting was very similar to that of the PDK in my 992. All in all, the C8 proved to be a very nice & refined driving experience.

With that said, my current desire is to have something a bit more rowdy and I think a C7 Z06 M7 would likely fit the bill. That's not a knock to the C8 - it is an amazing car. The lack of a manual doesn't bother me that much, either.

I am pretty sure I am not alone in my quest for a nice C7 Z06 MY as the selection is very limited and the prices are quite high (very close to new C8 money). We'll see what ends up in my driveway, but I think as the Corvette continues to move into exotic car territory - the desire & demand for the earlier gens will remain strong.
Other than; you just can't afford it.....why on Earth would anyone still be driving a c6 ?? 😄

The C7 has literally buried the c6. Since you're a supposed "M7 buyer," what's the hold up ??

The c8 has been defined here on C7 forum as a specialty car, with an automatic transmission. If that's your gig, an automatic transmission,
well, that's just so unexciting..... 😉

Do NOT wait........get a C7!!! 👍
Old 05-07-2024, 11:40 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Other than; you just can't afford it.....why on Earth would anyone still be driving a c6 ?? 😄

The C7 has literally buried the c6. Since you're a supposed "M7 buyer," what's the hold up ??

The c8 has been defined here on C7 forum as a specialty car, with an automatic transmission. If that's your gig, an automatic transmission,
well, that's just so unexciting..... 😉

Do NOT wait........get a C7!!! 👍
Because you love the aggravation of hearing "Obsolete" from the parts counter? Or maybe some stick to old stuff because it isn't economically justifiable? If you hardly drive it, the upgrade money might not be worth it. TBH, if I drove it only 1 day a week 6 months in a year, I would have a hard time upgrading from my modded C4. I had a hard time looking at the C8 simply because I wasn't sure of the support from GM since not every tech is familiar with it nor are we sure if the C9 will be rear engine.

True. That said, how much support does the LS series engine have?

Don't know. I have had a manual car and a manual bike. At the time of sale, I haven't found the excitement in old tech. As I said, I keep old tech around simply because it isn't economically justifiable to upgrade to something newer. I'm not going out and buying the biggest and baddest mixer just to bake a cake once every 5 years. OTOH, if I baked every week, that mixer will be in the kitchen.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:46 PM
Ma709
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
Because of the C8 going Mid Engine from Front Engine platform and EV future scenario and also going from Sports Car /Muscle Car to Exotic Super Car looks. Has anyone besides myself made the C7 the last or latest generation of Corvette they will own. It has been almost 6 model years of the C8 and I still have not acquired a taste for its looks. It usually takes me a year or two at the most to warm up to the next generation. At least GM saved me a lot of money.

wow that nice
Old 05-11-2024, 08:20 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,144 Likes on 1,747 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Originally Posted by Ma709
wow that nice
Thank You!
Old 05-11-2024, 08:21 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,544 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
Thank You!
Don’t encourage him. Scammer in for post count
Old 05-11-2024, 09:33 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Don’t encourage him. Scammer in for post count
I keep hearing about the post count. Can you please explain yourself? I don't know how you or I can profit from it. Is there a prize for a certain count or how does it work?
Old 05-11-2024, 09:53 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,544 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
I keep hearing about the post count. Can you please explain yourself? I don't know how you or I can profit from it. Is there a prize for a certain count or how does it work?
Sure. Has nothing to do with us. We’re real members, been around for years. The site attracts all kinds of scammers from around the world. They join, start going from section to section and making comments on different posts to up the number of posts they have. New members with 0 or 5 or 10 posts can’t send private messages. So these scumbags up their post numbers to be able to private message members. They move to the For Sale sections in all 8 generations and start attacking innocent members looking to buy parts with (WTB) want to buy ads. They claim to have the parts members are looking for, take their money and obviously not send any parts.

Just looking out for my fellow vette enthusiasts. If you notice these scammers, use the red triangle on the bottom of every post to report them.
Old 05-12-2024, 01:08 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Sure. Has nothing to do with us. We’re real members, been around for years. The site attracts all kinds of scammers from around the world. They join, start going from section to section and making comments on different posts to up the number of posts they have. New members with 0 or 5 or 10 posts can’t send private messages. So these scumbags up their post numbers to be able to private message members. They move to the For Sale sections in all 8 generations and start attacking innocent members looking to buy parts with (WTB) want to buy ads. They claim to have the parts members are looking for, take their money and obviously not send any parts.

Just looking out for my fellow vette enthusiasts. If you notice these scammers, use the red triangle on the bottom of every post to report them.
Fair point but I don't know if I have ever found someone who is an obvious scammer or I won't have to have anyone say something. I report spammers and scammers if I see them. I buy things from time to time and I don't want that kind of crap going around.

Quick Reply: Newest Last generation Vette for me.