C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette c7 euro spec side markers

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 10:46 AM
roger20000
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corvette c7 euro spec side markers

hi i hope someone can help i have just signed up to this forum. i have a 2016 c7 euro spec. the side markers back and front are wired in but do not work. any idea how to get these working maybe a fuse? i cant find anything in the manual about the fuse for these.
Old 05-16-2024, 12:55 PM
westsdad
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Assuming that the euro spec fuse box is the same, I don't see a specific fuse for side markers.

https://fuse-box.info/chevrolet/chev...uses-and-relay

Also assuming that all of your other lights are working.

Have you checked the side marker bulbs for proper operation (bulbs burnt out, connector contacts corroded, etc.), and are you are getting +12V DC at each side marker (with parking lights on and again with headlights on)?

Is it possible that lighted side markers are not required (or are illegal) in the country that you are in and were disabled?

I couldn't find a wiring diagram to include for you to further trace / troubleshoot. Plus, don't know if the euro spec C7 side markers are wired any differently.

Is there a Corvette club in your country that could be a resource?

Last edited by westsdad; 05-16-2024 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:30 PM
roger20000
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks so much for your answer. I am in uk. I have swapped out orange markers for black tinted makes the car look much nicer. just seems odd they left the wiring harness intact but they don’t work even with new leds.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:03 PM
westsdad
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by roger20000
Thanks so much for your answer. I am in uk. I have swapped out orange markers for black tinted makes the car look much nicer. just seems odd they left the wiring harness intact but they don’t work even with new leds.
You're welcome.

I don't know if the Euro spec side marker lights are disabled, it was just a thought of why they might not work.

You didn't mention swapping out the side markers. Did the side markers work before you swapped them out for the black tinted side markers? Do all of your other lights work?

If they did, I would recheck the connections to make sure that they are fully connected and that the pins / sockets in the connectors are not recessed. Or the new side markers could be faulty, or perhaps they mis-wired them and swapped the polarity during the manufacturing of them.

A simple check for voltage at the side marker wiring harnesses would help to narrow down what may be going on. This could be done with either a DMM or with a proper side marker bulb with the parking lights on. Also check with the headlights on to rule out a switch problem.

Looks like there are a couple of UK Corvette Clubs that may be of help. It would help to know what is different with the Euro spec C7 as they would have a much better idea.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=uk+corvett...=v410-1&ia=web
Old 05-17-2024, 04:44 AM
roger2000
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the replacements work ok when hooked up to a 12v battery. just not in the car. i think they have been disabled at factory as not legal in uk
Old 05-17-2024, 09:49 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,721 Likes on 14,215 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I do not know what the requirements are in the UK, but hope you can get an answer as to why your side marker lights are not working.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette c7 euro spec side markers

Quick Reply: Corvette c7 euro spec side markers