C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech2 MDI MDI2 for 2005 Corvette programming

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 07:40 AM
streetking408ys
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Tech2 MDI MDI2 for 2005 Corvette programming

What are my latest/greatest/most current options as far as buying something to be able to program let's say a 2005 Corvette PCM, BCM etc? I'm tired of the stress/hassle/bs of let's say for example having to trailer the car to a dealer after getting an appointment 2-3 weeks ahead of time to be gouged in order to have a barely competent person touch the car. I have a new PCM to install (I had someone program it to the car's VIN so possibly just need to program VATS?) and also bought the steering column lock delete plate and will need to disable the lock in the BCM. Things like that. Also wondering as far as .....from what I see Tech2 works on up to 2014.......and MDI2 looks like a newer tool.....so although I don't want to spend big money for nothing......if Tech2 is $300 and MDI is $600 but the MDI2 works on the same model year vehicles as well as much newer ones.....maybe the money is worth it. I'm trying to figure out what today's options are. Thank you.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:29 PM
SpeedyWs6
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use an MDI2 for all of my GM programming needs. I just can't see spending good money for any of the older systems.
Old 05-17-2024, 07:04 AM
???
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I have used the OBDxpro for flashing gm modules from the acdelco site. 50$ for 2 year access per vin.

I have a clone tech 2, but not worth the hassle to try and get the hacked stuff to work with the gm site. their site bearly works as is. the OBDx guys added gm standards to allow it to be used as a programmer. so 150$ dongle with tech support if needed.

Get notified of new replies

To Tech2 MDI MDI2 for 2005 Corvette programming

Quick Reply: Tech2 MDI MDI2 for 2005 Corvette programming