Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

track tires and wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 05:53 AM
bpk1959
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts
Default track tires and wheels

got my 24 c8 on May 1 and I've got 1k miles on it already. I take this thing everywhere. Absolutely the best car I've ever owned. Everyone that rides in it says "wow". I've got the black 20 spoke wheels and I'm planning on getting it to the race track soon. I was kind of thinking of picking up a set of standard wheels (seem to be very reasonable on ebay) and some track only tires. Looking for recommendations on tires. Also if anyone can recommend a set of aftermarket wheels that are lighter than stock for a reasonable price I might consider them to reduce unsprung weight. To those who do track the car, did you go to the track alignment? this thing goes down the road straight as an arrow and I don't think I want to mess with the alignment unless it's an absolute necessity.
Old 05-17-2024, 07:17 AM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 203 Likes on 138 Posts

Since you're just starting, stock wheels with the summer only (Z51) MIchelin tires. You can find full sets on here pretty cheap. Seat time is the most important thing to start with.

I wouldn't worry about the alignment until you decide how serious you want to get. Same with lighter wheels / sticky tires.

If you haven't done HPDE before Chin, Hooked on Driving, and other schools can give you a great introduction.

Have fun and be safe.
The following users liked this post:
proeagles (05-17-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 08:33 AM
proeagles
Melting Slicks

Received 2,214 Likes on 913 Posts

And hopefully a Z51.

Get notified of new replies

To track tires and wheels

Quick Reply: track tires and wheels