C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Program Homelink (Garage Op)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 06:39 PM
pyroc6vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Program Homelink (Garage Op)

I am having difficulty programming my garage door opener...I have followed the instructions in the owners manual but still no luck. I hold down the two outside buttons for 20 sec as they say but the light never flicks.

I thought I remembered someone on here saying there was something that the manual left out...Help!!!
Old 11-26-2004, 06:42 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

I think you need to have the car in accessory or RAP. I know it works with the car running.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:50 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by pyroc6vette
I am having difficulty programming my garage door opener...I have followed the instructions in the owners manual but still no luck. I hold down the two outside buttons for 20 sec as they say but the light never flicks.

I thought I remembered someone on here saying there was something that the manual left out...Help!!!
What type of GDO do you have standard or rolling code ? If it's rolling code you must first program Homelink with the remote openers frequency, after that you sync your door opener with Homelink. The manual has all the steps but some points are not clear. It's a 2 step operation with a rolling code GDO.

The step you are describing above sounds like you are resetting or clearing the Homelink buttons. Once reset you only need to use one of the three buttons to learn the remotes frequency. Then use that button in conjunction with the learn button in the GDO unit.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Convert14
Pro

Thank you for the good post.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:43 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

DCBE, you made that perfectly clear. It should be included in the sticky thread above. Good job.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

I thought Pyro wasn't even able to start the setup. Holding down the 2 outside buttons starts the sequence. It sounds like he's not getting the middle light to flash, in order to go to the next step, of programming each button.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:30 PM
TEAShea
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my Mercedes C55 I had to press the outside buttons for 40 seconds.

Tom
Old 11-27-2004, 02:06 AM
pyroc6vette
Instructor

Default Yes, I cant get the middle light to flash

I did not have the ACC on so maybe that is it...i will try that in the morning....thanks for the help guys

Originally Posted by Hoonose
I thought Pyro wasn't even able to start the setup. Holding down the 2 outside buttons starts the sequence. It sounds like he's not getting the middle light to flash, in order to go to the next step, of programming each button.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:23 PM
DStern1821
Advanced

Default Rolling Code

Had the same problem on my "genie" opener. - If your Garage Door uses the rolling code, you typically have to press a small button on the actual garage motor mounted on the ceiling. It's hiddin behind the platic cover, beside the light bulb - a small black peg. You have something like 45 seconds to get off the latter and run back to homelink and press the homelink button you want to "learn". Worked instantly.

Dave
Old 11-27-2004, 12:40 PM
jackcasa
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DStern1821
Had the same problem on my "genie" opener. - If your Garage Door uses the rolling code, you typically have to press a small button on the actual garage motor mounted on the ceiling. It's hiddin behind the platic cover, beside the light bulb - a small black peg. You have something like 45 seconds to get off the latter and run back to homelink and press the homelink button you want to "learn". Worked instantly.

Dave
We have two Genie door openers and that is the way I had to do it.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:55 AM
docrings1
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
C6 FAQ Master

Originally Posted by Another Yellow
DCBE, you made that perfectly clear. It should be included in the sticky thread above. Good job.
This link is now in the FAQ...

Get notified of new replies

To How to Program Homelink (Garage Op)

Quick Reply: How to Program Homelink (Garage Op)