C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible to change your order once it is accepted by computer but there is no T

Old 10-13-2004, 05:57 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default Is it possible to change your order once it is accepted by computer but there is no T

Just curious.....Is it possible to change your order if it was accepted by the computer but no TPW yet?
Old 10-13-2004, 06:16 PM
SuperChevyICM
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
Just curious.....Is it possible to change your order if it was accepted by the computer but no TPW yet?
Usually yes.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

What do you mean, accepted by the computer? What's your Status Event Code? I think we've been told you can make changes until it reaches 2500.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:09 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RedC6Coupe
What do you mean, accepted by the computer? What's your Status Event Code? I think we've been told you can make changes until it reaches 2500.
I really don't know....The dealership said they will be calling typically in 3 weeks with a TPW as my order the way the car was equipped with no constraints was accepted into the computer system and that is where we are at now but I was just curious if and how I could add some extras but only if it doesn't mess everything up. Would it be up to my salesperson I purchased the car from at the dealership level or does one have to go to higher channels? It would seem to make more sense to do this at the dealership level but I am not sure about this ordering process. I am sure this has happened in the past since we have so many choices
Old 10-14-2004, 08:44 AM
7 OUT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on my experience, I added the Z51 two weeks after the order went in. I simply called the dealer, it was on a Thursday, they entered it in the system and said I needed to wait until Tuesday for a confirmation from Chevy. On Tues, it was confirmed, same order number etc. The following Monday, I had a TPW date given for Nov 1. In my case, nothing got screwed up or delayed. I have a new copy of the vehicle order detail from my dealer with all of the options I want, same order number etc. and the Nov 1 TPW.

If you want to make a change, don't hesitate, getting it in on time is important. If it is too late, Chevy simply won't accept it. Nothing will get screwed up either way and you won't loose your place in line.

Good luck, I had the same concerns you are having and it worked out fine.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:17 AM
7 OUT
Racer

Just curious LS WON, what option do you want to change? When I changed from the base suspension to the Z51, I wrung my hands over it for two weeks. Finally I said screw it, called the dealer and they quickly and easily changed my order and they where more than happy to do it for me. Glad I didn't wait any longer because I got my TPW date shortly after the change.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:48 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 7 OUT
Just curious LS WON, what option do you want to change? When I changed from the base suspension to the Z51, I wrung my hands over it for two weeks. Finally I said screw it, called the dealer and they quickly and easily changed my order and they where more than happy to do it for me. Glad I didn't wait any longer because I got my TPW date shortly after the change.
i KNOW exactly how you feel except it has been a month or two for me to decide between the base suspension and the F-55 well I put in for the base suspension since my number came up to order a few weeks ago and even then I wasn't sure which suspension but was very concerned about replacement costs in the future and problems with the F-55 as it is relatively new and complex so that could only mean more problems and $$$ but I am now swaying more towards that suspension since it is a safety issue and is always working for me on these public roads that are ruined full of potholes bumps, and uneven and unexpected things in the road. So yes Get F-55 over base suspension???
Old 10-14-2004, 03:19 PM
7 OUT
Racer

So yes Get F-55 over base suspension???
Go for it, then if you'd like, add the Z51 stabilizer bars later and you'll really have one heck of a handling machine.

I think the concern over the replacement cost of the shocks is a little over the edge. I haven't heard much about replacing $500 tires. I looked up the base Goodyear F1 EMT's on their site and reality quickly set in. Ouch.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:30 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Go for it, then if you'd like, add the Z51 stabilizer bars later and you'll really have one heck of a handling machine.

I think the concern over the replacement cost of the shocks is a little over the edge. I haven't heard much about replacing $500 tires. I looked up the base Goodyear F1 EMT's on their site and reality quickly set in. Ouch.
Yes I already know about the tires but I can control that better (tire wear) as opposed to these pothole roads that aren't maintained or are bumpy as I don't want to become air born or end up with a out of aligned neck and back with all of these craters in the road that you don't see. Well I just wonder if the base suspension is sufficient enough cushion or soft enough to isolate me from these bad roads we have here. I have driven both F-55 and base suspension but I couldn't tell the difference and needed more driving time to do so. Thanks for all of your input
Old 10-14-2004, 07:19 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Well my salesperson said he doesn't think it can be changed but will let me know tommorrow because the computer has already accepted it. It is just more $$$ added to the existing price of the car so I don't see why not it can't be intercepted or changed cause I haven't yet received a TPW date. But if they can't do this or won't do this and I don't see why not I guess I just saved that much more $$$ at this point plus the money saved from not getting the dual top option due to the CONSTRAINT. Doesn't make sense to me or it doesn't make $$$$ dollars for GM but so it goes. I guess they are trying to save me $$$
Old 10-14-2004, 08:34 PM
ph3n0m73
Instructor

My TPW is 10/25 and I changed my order today (10/14) from high-polished to regular rims. I've heard, though, that after status code of 2500, order can't be changed. I'd confirm this, but don't know what status my car is in. Bet heck, one week out and I was able to change it. Good luck with your change.

Jonathon
Old 10-14-2004, 09:09 PM
David Lasic
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Post a new thread with your order number. Marvin Johson aka SuperChevyICM will update you with your present order status. Then you can see for yourself what status code it is at and determine if the dealer can change your order option to F55.

What is your order number????
Old 10-14-2004, 10:30 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

I really don't know....The dealership said they will be calling typically in 3 weeks with a TPW as my order the way the car was equipped with no constraints was accepted into the computer system and that is where we are at now but I was just curious if and how I could add some extras but only if it doesn't mess everything up. Would it be up to my salesperson I purchased the car from at the dealership level or does one have to go to higher channels? It would seem to make more sense to do this at the dealership level but I am not sure about this ordering process. I am sure this has happened in the past since we have so many choices
You mean with all the time you have spent on this forum, you didn't even get an order number, so one of the forum guys could check your order status. You've gotten so wrapped up in this F55 quandry that you blew off the basics of smart vette ordering.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
You mean with all the time you have spent on this forum, you didn't even get an order number, so one of the forum guys could check your order status. You've gotten so wrapped up in this F55 quandry that you blew off the basics of smart vette ordering.
I think LS WON was a little too busy reading all those opinions.

It almost happened to me. After I changed my order about 3 times, I bought one off a dealer's lot.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:35 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

I can't take it no more the 2005 Mustang is calling me out
Old 10-15-2004, 01:38 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by David Lasic
Post a new thread with your order number. Marvin Johson aka SuperChevyICM will update you with your present order status. Then you can see for yourself what status code it is at and determine if the dealer can change your order option to F55.

After all of this other stuff I never asked my salesperson and they didn't tell me that as far I know...It has to be in my papers?..."I'm so confused". All I know is I got it at MSRP.....Thanks for the info I will have to find out what this number is...
Old 10-15-2004, 01:39 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
Uh I have to take the 5th on this one by reason of insanity...Corvette Fever

Get notified of new replies

To Is it possible to change your order once it is accepted by computer but there is no T

Old 10-15-2004, 01:44 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by David Lasic

Strange though I would think my salesperson would do everything to add more options to my order so the sales price increases but at this point he doesn't seem to concerned. I guess I really don't understand this ordering process of Chevrolet. I went and ordered another very well known car company brand years ago and had no problems ordering they gave me what I wanted.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:28 AM
7 OUT
Racer

Strange though I would think my salesperson would do everything to add more options to my order so the sales price increases but at this point he doesn't seem to concerned. I guess I really don't understand this ordering process of Chevrolet. I went and ordered another very well known car company brand years ago and had no problems ordering they gave me what I wanted.
My salesman bent over backwards to ensure I got what I wanted and was happy. When he was out testing vettes in Vegas, he had someone fill in to make sure I was happy as well. The person filling in was the one that actually changed my order which was in the system and accepted by GM.

I would have to question the desire of your salesman with respect to ensuring customer satisfaction. Don't hesitate to talk to the Sales mgr. It is their job to make sure their salesmen are doing their jobs.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:34 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

My salesman bent over backwards to ensure I got what I wanted and was happy. When he was out testing vettes in Vegas, he had someone fill in to make sure I was happy as well. The person filling in was the one that actually changed my order which was in the system and accepted by GM.

I would have to question the desire of your salesman with respect to ensuring customer satisfaction. Don't hesitate to talk to the Sales mgr. It is their job to make sure their salesmen are doing their jobs.
Thanks I will I am going to find out from the salesperson what my order number is first. I guess I am not really familiar with their ordering system. I will find out where I am or my order number and that should determine if I can make the change or not but I still haven't received a TPW yet so I would think it is ok to make the addition of another option.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is it possible to change your order once it is accepted by computer but there is no T