C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Vacuum Source for Cruise Control 95

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
fbelz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum Source for Cruise Control 95

Having trouble locating the vacuum source for the cruise control. My book shows it going to a source, but so far no luck chasing it back. All I have is an open tube that looks like it was broken off. I replaced the line from the tee to the cruize control and a portion of the line to the switch, but without a source plug in the cruise control will not operate.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2008, 07:17 PM
KoBrah1
Advanced

Originally Posted by fbelz
Having trouble locating the vacuum source for the cruise control. My book shows it going to a source, but so far no luck chasing it back. All I have is an open tube that looks like it was broken off. I replaced the line from the tee to the cruize control and a portion of the line to the switch, but without a source plug in the cruise control will not operate.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
One the 96 the source is the intake manifold. I'd have to pull the covers to see which side.

Jake
Old 04-19-2008, 09:26 PM
fbelz
Advanced

Default Asked for help-got answer

I found the vacuum source on the right side of the intake manifold, could not find the tube in the wiring harness so took the harness apart above the brake booster and found the vacuum tube. Cut it there and routed a hose over to the tee near the fuse block on the wheel well. Cruise control works just fine now.

Thanks Jake
Old 04-20-2008, 01:17 AM
Arkybill
Instructor

The source is under the cover on the right side of the engine. there is a two connection plastic piece there that provides the vacuum for the cruise and the A/C control. These break with age.

If you don't plug the source for the cruise, you will be sucking air in the broken part.

bill

Get notified of new replies

To Vacuum Source for Cruise Control 95

Quick Reply: Vacuum Source for Cruise Control 95