C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have in-car vids of C6 with Procharger or Vortech?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 AM
C6Brian
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have in-car vids of C6 with Procharger or Vortech?

Im looking for any in-car videos of you guys whomping on a C6 with either a procharger or vortech. I know how the magnacharger is, and I wanted to see what the centri blowers run when pushed. Thanks in advance. I did a youtube search and there are limited vids on there.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:32 PM
jogar80
Melting Slicks

Perhaps you didnt see this posted in this very section?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1738697
It's not the best video, kinda short, but maybe it'll help with whatever you're looking for!
Old 06-26-2007, 04:48 PM
C6Brian
Racer

No, I did see that but I am looking for C6 vids not Z06 vids. Thanks anyway.

Brian
Old 06-26-2007, 05:03 PM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

If you want to get to the 1/4 in car video, fast forward to the 2 minute mark

http://home.fau.edu/schilitj/web/videos/1_Hot_C6.wmv
Old 06-28-2007, 02:57 AM
C6dude
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C6Brian
Im looking for any in-car videos of you guys whomping on a C6 with either a procharger or vortech. I know how the magnacharger is, and I wanted to see what the centri blowers run when pushed. Thanks in advance. I did a youtube search and there are limited vids on there.

Procharger here.

If you have not seen them already on you tube.

clink link in my signature..
Old 06-28-2007, 09:19 AM
jnel04
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Not to be a tease, but I have a couple of 3rd gear to 4th gear highway punches...but 1. I have to wait to get them off our ancient videocamera and 2. the vids were taken at an extremely high elevation, so I don't think the video demonstrates the true power. It'll probably be a couple weeks before I can get a video up...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:42 PM
jogar80
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jnel04
Not to be a tease, but I have a couple of 3rd gear to 4th gear highway punches...but 1. I have to wait to get them off our ancient videocamera and 2. the vids were taken at an extremely high elevation, so I don't think the video demonstrates the true power. It'll probably be a couple weeks before I can get a video up...
ur bad....lol
Old 06-28-2007, 02:34 PM
zoomz
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think i would shoot myself if i spent that much money and only went 11.2 , omg ,,, lol
Old 06-28-2007, 03:55 PM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by zoomz
I think i would shoot myself if i spent that much money and only went 11.2 , omg ,,, lol
Russell

That's a little harsh

A couple of things: I didn't do all of my mods to have the fastest C6 in the world, I did it to satisfy myself. Consider that accomplished.

Second, before you pass judgement, you should read the NHRA rule book about ET and safety equipment. I may be a little fuzzy on the numbers, but I think with a supercharged car anything below 12.0 (it may be 11.5) requires a 5 point rollcage and safety clothing. Since my car is my everyday ride, putting a rollcage in it didn't make a lot of sense (not to mention about $2-2.5K).

The car did do an 11.1 at Moroso and was promptly told not to run again below 12.0.

The post was meant to give Brian a view of the 1/4 mile from inside the car, it does do that. I'm sorry if my car does not meet your criteria.

Jeff

Last edited by schilitj; 06-28-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:18 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by schilitj
Russell

That's a little harsh

A couple of things: I didn't do all of my mods to have the fastest C6 in the world, I did it to satisfy myself. Consider that accomplished.

Second, before you pass judgement, you should read the NHRA rule book about ET and safety equipment. I may be a little fuzzy on the numbers, but I think with a supercharged car anything below 12.0 (it may be 11.5) requires a 5 point rollcage and safety clothing. Since my car is my everyday ride, putting a rollcage in it didn't make a lot of sense (not to mention about $2-2.5K).

The car did do an 11.1 at Moroso and was promptly told not to run again below 12.0.

The post was meant to give Brian a view of the 1/4 mile from inside the car, it does do that. I'm sorry if my car does not meet your criteria.

Jeff
Jeff you can go 11.50 11.49 you need a roll bar. at englishtown they told me if you have stock tires you can go as fast as you like. i don't believe that. but i saw a couple c5s with bolt in bar and it was legal
Old 06-28-2007, 04:22 PM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
Jeff you can go 11.50 11.49 you need a roll bar. at englishtown they told me if you have stock tires you can go as fast as you like. i don't believe that. but i saw a couple c5s with bolt in bar and it was legal
Dennis

Interesting. I don't believe the stock tire statement either. I was told that the rollcage had to be permanent and that the side bars (go across the doors) could be the bolt on type.

Either way, no rollcage for me.

Jeff
Old 06-28-2007, 05:52 PM
zoomz
Burning Brakes

Russell

That's a little harsh

Jeff
That wasnt dirrected at you personaly ,, it just seens a lot of guys that run turbos and superchargers spend a butt load of money to go low 11's .

My car stock with DR's and a 150 shot went 11.0s and that might have been 1k in mods .

Ppl talk about "well i have the power all the time" ,, but how often do you actualy use it ?

99.5% of the time our street cars are daily driven but we dont use the power but every now and then .

Our reasons for modding our cars is to go from point A to point B weither its 1/4 mile or roll racing as fast as possable and it just seems to me a lot of ppl spend tons of money to say "i have a TT or SC corvette",, but it runs 11's ,, hehe

And Jeff : I drive my car to and from work every day also and it dosnt have a cage and i now have a perma ban on me at the local track because of safety equipment

I got about 5 pass's in at the track with the new 408 motor and got baned running 11.00's on motor ,, they probley would have had me arrested if i actualy sprayed the 2 stage 350 shot ,, lol
Old 06-28-2007, 07:33 PM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

That wasnt dirrected at you personaly ,, it just seens a lot of guys that run turbos and superchargers spend a butt load of money to go low 11's .

My car stock with DR's and a 150 shot went 11.0s and that might have been 1k in mods .

Ppl talk about "well i have the power all the time" ,, but how often do you actualy use it ?

99.5% of the time our street cars are daily driven but we dont use the power but every now and then .

Our reasons for modding our cars is to go from point A to point B weither its 1/4 mile or roll racing as fast as possable and it just seems to me a lot of ppl spend tons of money to say "i have a TT or SC corvette",, but it runs 11's ,, hehe

And Jeff : I drive my car to and from work every day also and it dosnt have a cage and i now have a perma ban on me at the local track because of safety equipment

I got about 5 pass's in at the track with the new 408 motor and got baned running 11.00's on motor ,, they probley would have had me arrested if i actualy sprayed the 2 stage 350 shot ,, lol
I built my car the way it is because I'm 65 and couldn't afford a car like this when I was younger. I didn't build it for anyone but me and I still get great joy from it.

Sounds like you have a beast, enjoy it and be safe.

Jeff
Old 06-28-2007, 08:21 PM
zoomz
Burning Brakes

I built my car the way it is because I'm 65 and couldn't afford a car like this when I was younger. I didn't build it for anyone but me and I still get great joy from it.

Sounds like you have a beast, enjoy it and be safe.

Jeff
Amen

Same here cept im 45 .

Theres just something about driving to work every day with a 600 hp motor and 350 more on tap that just tickles me :P
Old 06-30-2007, 08:15 PM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I believe FI cars can go a lot faster if people choose to put the time in to learn and optimize their setup. Some people are just out there having fun without trying to set the world on fire and that is ok. With my SC, I am being very gentle and cautious my first few times to the track to get acclimated to the new power. The car is so powerful that it scares me. With a 2.1 60 ft., 2000 rpm launch, spinning thorught 1st and second I ran 11.0 flat at 137 mph in 85 degree weather. I don't feel too bad about that. My goal is this summer to practice 1/8's and then in the fall.......go for a low 10 at 140+. I believe this is doable with hard work.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:41 PM
zoomz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WeaponsGradeTorque
I believe FI cars can go a lot faster if people choose to put the time in to learn and optimize their setup. Some people are just out there having fun without trying to set the world on fire and that is ok. With my SC, I am being very gentle and cautious my first few times to the track to get acclimated to the new power. The car is so powerful that it scares me. With a 2.1 60 ft., 2000 rpm launch, spinning thorught 1st and second I ran 11.0 flat at 137 mph in 85 degree weather. I don't feel too bad about that. My goal is this summer to practice 1/8's and then in the fall.......go for a low 10 at 140+. I believe this is doable with hard work.
Nothing hard about it , M&H 325/45/17 DRs @12 psi should net you a 1.5-1.6/60' .

Your 137 mph is good for a low 10 easy .

You can get into the mid to low 10 with just a set of tires .

$225.00-$270.00 each .
Old 07-01-2007, 10:19 PM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

How about one outside the car? At the beginning of the video , notice the Silver BMW race car and how far behind I am in my Silver C6. Then you have to wait til about second 23 after I go through the Paperclip (hairpin turn 11) This is the time trial class and all these cars are very fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEEFnZG97hg

This dude cuts me off at 120mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Kp8LN7r28

You can kinda hear the airplane whoosh as I go by.

Last edited by bowmanized; 07-01-2007 at 10:29 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have in-car vids of C6 with Procharger or Vortech?

Quick Reply: Anyone have in-car vids of C6 with Procharger or Vortech?