C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 CAGS Eliminator = C6 CAGS Eliminator; TRUE or FALSE.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 09:55 AM
sumapathi
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default C5 CAGS Eliminator = C6 CAGS Eliminator; TRUE or FALSE.

Will the C5 CAGS Eliminator work on the 2005 C6; sorry to waste a thread on such a stupid questions; but my dumb dealer does not know and i dont want to mess up the electrical of my brand new car; he is charging me $50.00 installed on a brand new car, cheapskate dealer could have thrown it in complimentary; it's all about the money to these guys. I must thanks all forum members for all the support and excellent answers to all the questions i have had from the date i placed my order to now the week i actually take delivery.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:57 AM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sumapathi

Will the C5 CAGS Eliminator work on the 2005 C6; sorry to waste a thread on such a stupid questions; but my dumb dealer does not know and i dont want to mess up the electrical of my brand new car; he is charging me $50.00 installed on a brand new car, cheapskate dealer could have thrown it in complimentary; it's all about the money to these guys. I must thanks all forum members for all the support and excellent answers to all the questions i have had from the date i placed my order to now the week i actually take delivery.

True.. same piece.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Alex Levy
Drifting

50 DOLLARS?! Its a 15 dollar piece and less then 2 mins of work..

and yes its the same.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:04 AM
C6FirstVette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The job rate for the install is .5 hrs (that includes putting the car on the lift) and depending on $/hr rate (here is Northern Virginia it is a rip off rate ave of $79 the MOST if you live in a high cost area like here would be $40 and that is high... $50!!!! is pure

Do you have access to a lift...the job is really a piece of cake to do.
Michael
Old 04-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Originally Posted by C6FirstVette
The job rate for the install is .5 hrs (that includes putting the car on the lift) and depending on $/hr rate (here is Northern Virginia it is a rip off rate ave of $79 the MOST if you live in a high cost area like here would be $40 and that is high... $50!!!! is pure

Do you have access to a lift...the job is really a piece of cake to do.
Michael
He doesnt even need a lift.. he can get Rhino Ramp's from Pep Boys for 25 bux.. 15 bux for the cags and do it himself in 2 mins.. save 10 dollars and have rhino ramps out of the deal
Old 04-25-2005, 10:09 AM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 178 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

Or 50 cents for a resistor at radio shack if you are that hard up!
the $17 dollar one is worth the $$$
but i still dont see the need for it if you know how to drive the car!
Never needed on in my c5 was not a problem. And dont anticipate useing it in my c6
Old 04-25-2005, 10:10 AM
sumapathi
Instructor

Default ok, thats it.... i am doing it myself

ok, thats it.... i am doing it myself; enough of this rip off garbage; i am tired of being ripped off; i am calling the dealer now and canceling the cags order; will put it on my self. thanks guys; i think i may order with wcc or mid america; damein can you sell me one ?.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Alex Levy
Drifting

ok, thats it.... i am doing it myself; enough of this rip off garbage; i am tired of being ripped off; i am calling the dealer now and canceling the cags order; will put it on my self. thanks guys; i think i may order with wcc or mid america; damein can you sell me one ?.
Sorry Brother.. i dont have them.. but WCC are good guys... get it from them.. I deal in Wheels, Brakes, and Suspension
Old 04-25-2005, 10:40 AM
sumapathi
Instructor

Default Cancled dealer order; ordered from WCC

Ordered from WCC cost me $27.50 to ship; i will print off the install directions from the forum; and when i go to pick up my vette have them put it up on the hoist; and install it my self. if anyone has a second plese post a link to the best CAGS Eliminator install directions you know of. Thanks Again.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Ordered from WCC cost me $27.50 to ship; i will print off the install directions from the forum; and when i go to pick up my vette have them put it up on the hoist; and install it my self. if anyone has a second plese post a link to the best CAGS Eliminator install directions you know of. Thanks Again.
Actually you really wont need directions as they are extremely obvious..

Basically jack up the rear of the car and put it on jackstands (Or rhino ramps which i recommend).. Slide under the rear of the car at look at the tranny.. on the drivers side of the tranny a bit twords the top is the cags.. you will see it.. very obvious connector.. Unplug it and plug one side to the tranny and the other side to the wiring harness and zip tie.. Done.. 2 mins

They only fit 1 way so there is no way to screw up..

Here are directions..

http://www.vorshlag.com/tech_c6skipshift.asp

Get notified of new replies

To C5 CAGS Eliminator = C6 CAGS Eliminator; TRUE or FALSE.

Quick Reply: C5 CAGS Eliminator = C6 CAGS Eliminator; TRUE or FALSE.