Sponsored by:

rain coat

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:25 AM
arijs
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rain coat

is someone outhere using the rain coat? is it realy waterproof at normal highway speeds, and how does it look on the car?
Old 09-02-2008, 09:14 PM
zdave83
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I use a 'rain coat' top on mine in place of the astro's. I like it because I can take it off from inside the car, and its quick to put back on. Its held tight up to 80, bows up some at speed, but doesn't flap around. It looks like a mini convert top -- not great but not bad either.

However................ I only drive mine in dry weather. It stretches and shrinks like cotton clothes going in and out of the washer/dryer. I never put the velcro strip on the back because I don't need it. The way it fits, edges of the windshield, tops of windows, and gap at back -- I can't imagine talkin it thru a heavy rain. Light rain maybe.

Let me know if you need more info or want pics.

Dave
Old 09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
TPI BOY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zdave83
I use a 'rain coat' top on mine in place of the astro's. I like it because I can take it off from inside the car, and its quick to put back on. Its held tight up to 80, bows up some at speed, but doesn't flap around. It looks like a mini convert top -- not great but not bad either.

However................ I only drive mine in dry weather. It stretches and shrinks like cotton clothes going in and out of the washer/dryer. I never put the velcro strip on the back because I don't need it. The way it fits, edges of the windshield, tops of windows, and gap at back -- I can't imagine talkin it thru a heavy rain. Light rain maybe.

Let me know if you need more info or want pics.

Dave

Yes can we have some pic's
Old 09-05-2008, 10:44 AM
J.T.vette
Racer

I take my rain top with me every where I go. Here are some pics. of the rain top as it is being installed and what it looks like after it is installed. I realy like the rain top, it is one of the best things that I have brought for my car.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:15 PM
TPI BOY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I need one, looks nice
Old 09-05-2008, 01:35 PM
J.T.vette
Racer

Originally Posted by TPI BOY
I think I need one, looks nice
Thanks. I brought mine from Ecklers about 12 years ago It was $250.00. They want I think about $329.00 for it . You can get one a lot cheaper from Wilcox for about $289.79. Part # 4173
Old 09-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Young69Owner
Burning Brakes

Hey, I bought mine at Carlisle for $150 and it had maybe been used once. I had to make the velcro strip, however. I can't say enough good things about it. It holds good up to 95 as I recall. It is very quiet and reinforced at the sides. I leave it on in rain, but you aren't supposed to mess with it until it dries (so I never handle it when it's wet). Ya, now I think my car is a fake covertible as well as a fake big block. The black and yellow look good together.

Get notified of new replies

To rain coat

Quick Reply: rain coat