C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

NCRS Kissimmee Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Fawndeuce
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Default NCRS Kissimmee Pics

Hi guys,
Here are a few that I took over the three days.
An excellent event every year, a great break in the dead of winter.

Paul

Open Vette parking area Saturday.

When a bright red Vette with chrome wheels just ain't enough.

Tom Hill, head QA Eng. at Bowling Green giving a tech session on the ZR1, and C6 in general.

Mr. Jetson, your Corvette is ready.

Saweeeeettt 59/60...

Not to forget my C2 brothers, MB '67 BB

Just in case you prefer coupes...

C1 sampler

My buddy Gene leading a judging school. Name the year of the car (should be easy), and what is special about it (may not be so easy)? No fair if you were there and saw it!

The Chief.

My peeps Leon and Robert (two on left) taking a break from all that hard work and chatting with a friend.

Met this guy while walking along the sidewalk.

And finally; Joe and his Vette 'sitting under a tree, Kissimmee... Name something better to be doing on a Saturday in January.

Last edited by Fawndeuce; 01-31-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Trophy Blue
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fawndeuce
Hi guys,

Paul

Tom Hill, head QA Eng. at Bowling Green giving a tech session on the ZR1, and C6 in general.

Saweeeeettt 59/60...

C1 sampler

My buddy Gene leading a judging school. Name the year (should be easy), and what is special about it (may not be so easy)? No fair if you were there and saw it!

The Chief.

My peeps Leon and Robert (two on left) taking a break from all that hard work, and chatting with a friend.

And finally; Joe and his Vette 'sitting under a tree, Kissimmee... Name something better to be doing on a Saturday in January.

Beautiful cars! But, where's the snow?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:08 PM
rovers2000
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great pics
Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 PM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Paul, great pics, great show, thanks for sharing.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,084 Likes on 4,737 Posts
Army

That large, red-headed bird is a sand crane...they can get to be 5' or so and are not afraid of humans. I crawled out from under my dash one day and there were two about 3 feet from my face that had wandered up my driveway...and they have an ungodly, prehistoric call that takes some getting used to.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 AM
drivette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Paul, Whats up with the mid-years unusual top? Thanks, Larry
Hi guys,

Paul

Saweeeeettt 59/60...

C1 sampler

My buddy Gene leading a judging school. Name the year of the car (should be easy), and what is special about it (may not be so easy)? No fair if you were there and saw it!

The Chief.

My peeps Leon and Robert (two on left) taking a break from all that hard work and chatting with a friend.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 AM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,702 Likes on 1,277 Posts
Ohio Events Coordinator
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Green leaves, short sleeve shirts and the sun, oh my.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:03 AM
vettefred
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 252 Likes on 157 Posts

Default The Chief

Interesting that I ran into this car....In 1967 I worked as a technician in Brady-Stannard Chev. while going to night school at Western Connecticut State College.
Mr. Wallach who lived nearby used to bring his '56 Corvette in for maintenance every few months and would always insist that I work on the car. That car had an Indian Head on the hood. I always thought that the Indian Head was strange. It takes a lot of willpower to put a hood ornament on a 56. Mr. Wallach was a really nice person and would always give me a tip for the work I had done. After 1yr I transferred to Boston University and never saw the car again.

Here I am down in Kissimmee walking along the judging area when I look over and there is that car. Man, talk about deja vu' all over again.

Went over and spoke to the owner. The car is still in the family and has 36,000 orig. miles on it. Needless to say we were both amazed that we met at Kissimmee and spoke for an hour. Old Town and Kissimmee is a great time. My first and I probably will come down again.

BTW....In 1967 the "Chief" was housed on an estate known as Kishawana Farm which was named after an Indian tribe from the area in NY..

Still down here having fun!

Fred

Last edited by vettefred; 02-01-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,579 Likes on 2,166 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by vettefred
Interesting that I ran into this car....In 1967 I worked as a technician in Brady-Stannard Chev. while going to night school at Western Connecticut State College.
Mr. Wallach who lived nearby used to bring his '56 Corvette in for maintenance every few months and would always insist that I work on the car. That car had an Indian Head on the hood. I always thought that the Indian Head was strange. It takes a lot of willpower to put a hood ornament on a 56. Mr. Wallach was a really nice person and would always give me a tip for the work I had done. After 1yr I transferred to Boston University and never saw the car again.

Here I am down in Kissimmee walking along the judging area when I look over and there is that car. Man, talk about deja vu' all over again.

Went over and spoke to the owner. The car is still in the family and has 36,000 orig. miles on it. Needless to say we were both amazed that we met at Kissimmee and spoke for an hour. Old Town and Kissimmee is a great time. My first and I probably will come down again.

BTW....In 1967 the "Chief" was housed on an estate known as Kishawana Farm which was named after an Indian tribe from the area in NY..

Fred
I saw that 56 and got a kick out of that emblem on the hood. It certainly made the car memorable. Thanks for the background info

Real nice to get into the great Fla. weather and look at Corvettes. Also got a chance to spend a little time over at the Solid Axle National reception. Great people also. Now back home, and of course a 2 day snow storm . At least I've got my second wind after a nice break in sunny Fla
Old 02-01-2011, 09:03 AM
StingU2
Safety Car

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Paul

Great pics
Old 02-01-2011, 10:26 AM
gscott
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for sharing, anybody have more pics ?

Old 02-01-2011, 03:03 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by drivette
Hey Paul, Whats up with the mid-years unusual top? Thanks, Larry
That's Bob Birchmeier's '63; he's the original owner, and made two of those clear tops many years ago.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great pixs thanks for sharing !!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
54greg
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 10:01 PM
92GTA
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the pics! I wish I could have been there!

I don't see why people have to quote all the pictures multiple times though, we saw them the first time and we don't need the length of the thread tripled
Old 02-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Fawndeuce
Safety Car

Thanks for the kind words guys, so nice to spend three days in the sun with friends (old and new) and cars right in the dead of winter.
Many thanks again to Tyler and his team who make this even so great every year!

Originally Posted by vettefred

Fred
An amazing story Fred, to me half the fun is always the story that goes with the car.

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
That large, red-headed bird is a sand crane...they can get to be 5' or so and are not afraid of humans. I crawled out from under my dash one day and there were two about 3 feet from my face that had wandered up my driveway...and they have an ungodly, prehistoric call that takes some getting used to.
I had a similar thing happen with a raccoon while I was working under my '62 near dusk one day Frank, but I think I'd rather take my chances with the raccoon rather than Mr. & Mrs. pterodactyl!

Paul
Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by 92GTA
Thanks for the pics! I wish I could have been there!

I don't see why people have to quote all the pictures multiple times though, we saw them the first time and we don't need the length of the thread tripled
Amen,

Get notified of new replies

To NCRS Kissimmee Pics

Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 AM
larrywalk
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Looks like drum brakes and an exhaust arrangement I'm not familiar with, so I'll guess '63. So, what's the real answer and why?

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Stingray1967
Race Director

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

In the "lift picture" in the prior post, it is an early 63 with the "tool bin" depressions in the fiberglass behind the frame crossmember (closest white square areas to the camera)
Old 02-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Fawndeuce
Safety Car

Originally Posted by larrywalk
Looks like drum brakes and an exhaust arrangement I'm not familiar with, so I'll guess '63. So, what's the real answer and why?

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Originally Posted by Stingray1967
In the "lift picture" in the prior post, it is an early 63 with the "tool bin" depressions in the fiberglass behind the frame crossmember (closest white square areas to the camera)
Yup, you guys got it, it's an early '63!
But it's not just any 'ole '63, any ideas on why it's different?

Paul

Quick Reply: NCRS Kissimmee Pics