Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Search box doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 02:49 PM
Daleford
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Search box doesn't work

Why is it that I can never get any satisfaction from the search box in this website" I sign in, put "C7 Torque Tube" and get windshield problems on a 65?
Old 04-25-2024, 05:34 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Daleford
Why is it that I can never get any satisfaction from the search box in this website" I sign in, put "C7 Torque Tube" and get windshield problems on a 65?
The search finds any and all matches. The more words, the more matches. It is not a phrase search.

For best results, we recommend using Google's search. You can go to Google.com and type in your search terms followed by site:corvetteforum.com

Forum search on just about any site is almost always a source of complaint. Consider there is nearly 56 million posts on CorvetteForum. Each post will contain X amount of characters. All posts are readable and searchable. It would be difficult to show that one or ten posts you're looking for out of 56 million without some very specific criteria.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:18 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Instead of directly using the Search Box, below it is a Link for Advanced Search. After clicking on it, you’ll see at the top, on the left “Search by Keyword” and on the right “Search by User Name”. Use either or both. Then at the bottom you’ll see a box that says Search Now.

The C7 Forum has multiple sections, so you may need to search more than one. I saw some posts in the C7 General Discussion with Torque Tube words when I did the Advance Search
Old 04-25-2024, 06:35 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR-71
Instead of directly using the Search Box, below it is a Link for Advanced Search. After clicking on it, you’ll see at the top, on the left “Search by Keyword” and on the right “Search by User Name”. Use either or both. Then at the bottom you’ll see a box that says Search Now.

The C7 Forum has multiple sections, so you may need to search more than one. I saw some posts in the C7 General Discussion with Torque Tube words when I did the Advance Search
Torque tube will show posts with just torque (probably fairly common) as well as just tube, separately, and some where both terms are used. It is not a phrase search.

Google's own search engine is very hard to beat, due to their resources and having started their business built on Search. Google indexes CorvetteForum and will have updated results.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Daleford
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks. As suggested, a Google search worked good.

Get notified of new replies

To Search box doesn't work

Quick Reply: Search box doesn't work