C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Sport Brake Disc Choice

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 12:19 AM
B.Scott091
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Grand Sport Brake Disc Choice

Hey guys I am needing to replace my rotors soon on my GS as they are starting to groove and in general getting worn quite a bit. I've already gotten some carbotech pads a while back so I'm good on that front.

I am trying to figure out what I should get that won't break the bank, and here are my thoughts.

As for my driving style, I don't push them hard 100% of the time but I do some spirited driving and will go to a track every now and then. It is still a street car that I take up to the tail of the dragon or other roads throughout the year. So not a grandpa keeping it low mileage but also not an aspiring IMSA racer (quite yet anyways lol).

-Stock ACDelco - The stock GM ACDelco brakes with the drilled holes would be right in my price range but I have heard reports of them producing cracks over time. Is this still a common occurrence?

-Baer sport OE - I've seen some things about Baer sport OE replacement brakes being good, but not too sure as I haven't heard someone talk about the corvette brakes specifically

-Baer eradispeed - Way too expensive

-DBA - Also a little out of my price range

-Powerstop evolution - Haven't heard any other experiences about these

-Stoptech - Also haven't heard about this brand either

I'd love some guidance from other experienced people on here. Currently I've only been looking on summit racing. If you've got any other suggestions that I didn't mention, I'm all ears for other options. Drop some links so I can check them out!

Quick Reply: Grand Sport Brake Disc Choice