C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Corvette Garbage Can?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 05:26 PM
Ron Dittmer
Drifting

Received 156 Likes on 90 Posts

Default C6 Corvette Garbage Can?

Does any supplier sell a C6 garbage can that mounts like this dual cup holder? If not, is there anything else for sale that would accomplish something similarly?

Old 05-06-2024, 09:03 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,757 Likes on 1,116 Posts

I just stick it in the pocket at the bottom of the door panel. If it's fast food remains, I just keep it in the bag. But I'm rarely eating in this car anyway, so it's rarely a problem. I have yet to take a long trip on the convertible, though. In the coupes, I just stuck it in a plastic grocery bag and tossed it behind the seats.
Old 05-06-2024, 10:35 PM
sramzzz
Drifting

Received 994 Likes on 639 Posts

You might find some suggestions in this thread. It may also make you laugh.

I can’t provide a suggestion other than keep the trash in the bag you bought it in and dispose of later. I personally don’t eat in mine as it is a vert and manual.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...trash-bag.html
Old 05-06-2024, 10:57 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,757 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by sramzzz
You might find some suggestions in this thread. It may also make you laugh.

I can’t provide a suggestion other than keep the trash in the bag you bought it in and dispose of later. I personally don’t eat in mine as it is a vert and manual.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...trash-bag.html
Dang, that thread went downhill quick.
The following users liked this post:
Vettelagged (05-07-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 11:35 PM
sirdano
Drifting

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts

I hate eating Whataburger in my car it takes the smell forever to go away
Old 05-07-2024, 06:00 AM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Yea but what to do with the empty beer cans? Back in the day (1974) when I had a 65 Mustang I could lift the floor mat and throw them threw the floorboard.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mr D.:
C6VetteLover (05-08-2024), leebay (05-07-2024), vinny R (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 08:29 AM
sramzzz
Drifting

Received 994 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteVinnie
Dang, that thread went downhill quick.
It did and was good for a laugh. The very last post was digging on my state. If I would have been around when this was current I would have had some fun with it.
Old 05-07-2024, 08:56 AM
vinny R
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr D.
Yea but what to do with the empty beer cans? Back in the day (1974) when I had a 65 Mustang I could lift the floor mat and throw them threw the floorboard.
I had a '67 Stang back in the early 80's with the same style garbage can and I did the same thing! At that time here in Florida it was legal to drink and drive (at the same time) and the drinking age was 19, no seatbelt law also. The good ole days!!
Old 05-07-2024, 09:27 AM
vetteish
Le Mans Master

Received 489 Likes on 391 Posts

You guys eat burgers in your vette?
The following users liked this post:
C6VetteLover (05-08-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 09:45 AM
Ron Dittmer
Drifting

I would, if only I could eat burgers....if only I could eat beef, pork, grains, deep fried foods, and sugars. My NH-Lymphoma won't kill me, but instead, I will die of malnutrition, ha, ha.
Old 05-07-2024, 06:21 PM
Ron Dittmer
Drifting

I did some internet shopping for a garbage can and found the same one I installed on my Saturn Sky of yester-year. I did have to make a small hole in the carpet in the Sky, but not so fast with our GS. Maybe I can fabricate a hanger from the center console. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PRODUCT BEING SOLD ON EBAY.

Here it is as I installed it in our Sky. It worked out perfectly given the floor pan had a built-in carpetted shelf. In the Sky, I the driver, easily reached it. It never interfered with the movement of the passenger seat.

I painted the raw metal round disk. The back-side of the garbage can clipped right into it perfectly.

The garbage can holds 2 soda cans and water bottle quite well.
Old 05-07-2024, 07:14 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,223 Likes on 833 Posts

Ron this would double as one and a can be used for a lot more plus save wear on your console cup holder....I keep my phone in mine when I carry one...It sit there and minds its own business and doesn't look out of place like some of them do...

JOYTUTUS Car Cup Holder Adapter Compatible with Corvette C51997-2004/2005-2013 Corvette C6/2014-2019 C7 Automotive Dual Cup Holders Expander Insert Travel Buddy

Visit the JOYTUTUS Store Visit the JOYTUTUS Store
4.6 4.6 out of 5 stars
 204 ratings 204 ratings
|
 Search this page Search this page
Amazon's Choice in Automotive Cup Holders by JOYTUTUS $23.99 with 31 percent savings -31%
$23.99

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...9dtlcRObXZDFiI
Old 05-08-2024, 09:01 AM
Ron Dittmer
Drifting

hawkgfr,

Thank you for sharing your find and experience with this one. I think I will give it a try. It's not what I had in mind, but it looks like it can meet most needs similarly. What I like about it is the popular non-evasive mounting and that it naturally collapses when nothing is inside it, allowing the passenger more room than those large solid dual cup holders with the spring-loaded retainers.

It appears the passenger seat can move forward without the need to remove this one. Am I right about that? My wife sometimes likes to move the seat forward to recline as far back as the seat allows. She complains of the "STOP" built into in the backrest, that she cannot recline further. Being only 5'-2" and short legs, she can move the seat way forward and be okay with the lack of leg room.

Last edited by Ron Dittmer; 05-08-2024 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:43 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,506 Likes on 2,830 Posts

I just throw.it out the window. Screw the environment! Gotta give Wall E a job!

I'm kidding. If I need to i just put a little grocery bag or whatever in the car.
The following 3 users liked this post by FAUEE:
C6VetteLover (05-08-2024), leebay (05-08-2024), StayinStock (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 12:00 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,223 Likes on 833 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer
hawkgfr,

Thank you for sharing your find and experience with this one. I think I will give it a try. It's not what I had in mind, but it looks like it can meet most needs similarly. What I like about it is the popular non-evasive mounting and that it naturally collapses when nothing is inside it, allowing the passenger more room than those large solid dual cup holders with the spring-loaded retainers.

It appears the passenger seat can move forward without the need to remove this one. Am I right about that? My wife sometimes likes to move the seat forward to recline as far back as the seat allows. She complains of the "STOP" built into in the backrest, that she cannot recline further. Being only 5'-2" and short legs, she can move the seat way forward and be okay with the lack of leg room.

She will not complain at all about it nor will you...and it holds more than it looks and yes seat can move with no issue....I actually bought the travel buddy 16 years ago and I put it in the car for about ten seconds and took it out lol...that is the biggest rip off as a corvette accessory ever (I still have it by the way)...not only does it look out of place its ugly and cheap looking too...no issues with this one though admittedly its better as a cup holder or phones or glasses...but Corvettes traditionally don't generate much "garbage"... It also scores high points for blending into the car so it isn't noticed and anything that goes in it does so quietly....Its one of the better 25 bucks I've spent on my Corvette...

Keep enjoying your Corvette
Old 05-11-2024, 07:36 AM
Ron Dittmer
Drifting

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
She will not complain at all about it nor will you...and it holds more than it looks and yes seat can move with no issue......

...no issues with this one though admittedly its better as a cup holder or phones or glasses...but Corvettes traditionally don't generate much "garbage"... It also scores high points for blending into the car so it isn't noticed and anything that goes in it does so quietly....Its one of the better 25 bucks I've spent on my Corvette...
I just ordered one off Amazon. It is now $30.

My interior is all Cashmere so it will stand out rather than blend in....oh well with that. I think my wife will really appreciate it as she has one of those larger S22 phones that has no place except in her hand. I think that one pocket will work well for her phone.....and also for my standard S22 when driving solo. My wife loves extra storage pockets in her co-pilot seat.

As far as a garbage can goes, we can always continue to utilize the door pockets.

If for any reason this purchase fails us, I could always remove the pockets and mount a small garbage can to the backing.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Corvette Garbage Can?

Quick Reply: C6 Corvette Garbage Can?