C8 Forced Induction/Nitrous C8 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth

ERAY and Force Induction??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 10:19 AM
PuffC8
Pro

Received 598 Likes on 304 Posts
Default ERAY and Force Induction??

I’m #1 at my personal dealer for an Eray. I’ve had the funds sitting for a Twin Turbo build on my 22’ Stingray but as it’s gotten closer to the release of the ERay I’ve decided to hold off to see if it would be possible on the ERay. Obviously the engine is the same so that won’t be the issue. I’m curious how the front communicates with the rear. If the front motor/wheel RPM is based on the rear wheel spin/RPM, I think it’ll play nicely together. But if it uses some other method/formula it might have issues working together. All we truly know is that the front motor tops out at 150MPH, In theory it should all work, it’d just get to 150 sooner. I’ve reached out to Jotech, Cicio and others inquiring about it and if they’d be interested in using my car as a Guinea pig. Only Jotech responded with interest but with a few concerns, same as mine, whether the E motor with be compatible and communicate nicely with a boosted motor etc
Old 06-14-2023, 04:54 PM
combatninja
Drifting

Received 2,023 Likes on 862 Posts

Too early to tell but at first blush it seems that the front and rear are not 'connected' in any way. It looks to me like you have a garden variety LT2 out back and the front has the electric motor and it's own traction management and whatnot. My only concern is that by the time you add forced induction to one of these things, you are pushing 4,000 pounds. Oof.
Old 06-14-2023, 08:42 PM
PuffC8
Pro

As long as it won’t effect the synchronization between the front and back drives, like when leaving stealth mode for example, I don’t think it’ll be a problem.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:13 PM
wanabgts
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 22 Posts

We have some interest in developing for this platform down the road. Like you and others have said the main concern here is going to be whatever logic is going on between the engine and electric controls. Just the engine portion of these cars was not easy to get working the way we like, and there will more than likely be some torque control and other features that could be tough to deal with on the Eray. Furthermore there will be even more packaging restrictions for the upper level kits that require a fuel system.

Could be a really cool and quick car if it can be done correctly. For us however, anything on this platform will likely be work on only after the entire Z06 catalog is completed and rolled out.

Zack
Old 10-26-2023, 08:39 PM
PuffC8
Pro

Originally Posted by wanabgts
We have some interest in developing for this platform down the road. Like you and others have said the main concern here is going to be whatever logic is going on between the engine and electric controls. Just the engine portion of these cars was not easy to get working the way we like, and there will more than likely be some torque control and other features that could be tough to deal with on the Eray. Furthermore there will be even more packaging restrictions for the upper level kits that require a fuel system.

Could be a really cool and quick car if it can be done correctly. For us however, anything on this platform will likely be work on only after the entire Z06 catalog is completed and rolled out.

Zack
Z06 catalog? What do y’all have in the works?
I ended up getting a Z06 lol
Old 10-26-2023, 11:17 PM
OkieVette84
Racer

Received 280 Likes on 140 Posts

Try Boost District.
Old 10-27-2023, 09:53 AM
wanabgts
Instructor

Originally Posted by PuffC8
Z06 catalog? What do y’all have in the works?
I ended up getting a Z06 lol
We are beginning work right now on our turbo kit and related engine and tuning parts. Hopefully I will have some updates soon on what we have come up with.

Zack
The following users liked this post:
anchito27 (04-10-2024)
Old 10-27-2023, 04:03 PM
PuffC8
Pro

Originally Posted by wanabgts
We are beginning work right now on our turbo kit and related engine and tuning parts. Hopefully I will have some updates soon on what we have come up with.

Zack
What shop are you with?
Old 10-30-2023, 10:40 AM
wanabgts
Instructor

Originally Posted by PuffC8
What shop are you with?
Extreme Turbo Systems.

Zack
Old 11-15-2023, 12:34 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Received 959 Likes on 630 Posts

I'm gonna spitball here and guess that it is all based on speed/wheel telemetry and not engine RPM or some such. Why? Because Zora. Because we all know that some form of LT6/LT7 will eventually get paired with hybrid drive. And for GM to have done all this "planning" about what to do with the structural "box" tunnel and plan ahead on what each variant of C8 would need--and then neglect to plan ahead on their hybrid drive not playing well with other engine options? If it took THAT much work to make the hybrid play nice with the LT2, why would GM then have to reinvent the same procedure with other engines?

It would defy logic.
Old 11-15-2023, 04:26 PM
RiptideHTC
Instructor

Received 176 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 3LZR21U
I'm gonna spitball here and guess that it is all based on speed/wheel telemetry and not engine RPM or some such. Why? Because Zora. Because we all know that some form of LT6/LT7 will eventually get paired with hybrid drive. And for GM to have done all this "planning" about what to do with the structural "box" tunnel and plan ahead on what each variant of C8 would need--and then neglect to plan ahead on their hybrid drive not playing well with other engine options? If it took THAT much work to make the hybrid play nice with the LT2, why would GM then have to reinvent the same procedure with other engines?

It would defy logic.
GM is gong to give the ZORA what the E-Ray should have got. 2 wheel hub front EV motors, for true torque vectoring, and real power.
Not the ghetto single center front EV from a Caddy Lyriq that the Eray was crippled with.
Bucolic (12-06-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 01:22 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,093 Likes on 659 Posts

We have spent quite a while with the GM engineers discussing the Eray and forced induction. The outcome is our twin turbo kit, axles, valve springs & clutch packs are just sitting here waiting for it to arrive. We'll keep you updated
The following 4 users liked this post by DOUG @ ECS:
anchito27 (04-10-2024), Bucolic (12-06-2023), dironvictorious (11-21-2023), RiptideHTC (11-22-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 08:15 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RiptideHTC
GM is gong to give the ZORA what the E-Ray should have got. 2 wheel hub front EV motors, for true torque vectoring, and real power.
Not the ghetto single center front EV from a Caddy Lyriq that the Eray was crippled with.
But the E-Ray has torque vectoring?

I tend to believe Tadge when he's indicating that the E-Ray is pretty much at traction limits for FWD with the setup they used. Maybe with more RWD power it will need more FWD power to suit--but for the LT2, my understanding of the FWD system is that is is pretty much bang on.
Old 11-22-2023, 12:52 AM
RiptideHTC
Instructor

But the E-Ray has torque vectoring?
No. It does not. You obvious don't even know what torque vectoring is.

the E-Ray is pretty much at traction limits for FWD
You obviously have no idea about the Tesla Plaid , Ferrari SF90, or Lamborghini Reveulto.

I tend to believe Tadge
: lol::ro fl::lol :
: lol::ro fl::lol :
Old 11-22-2023, 07:29 AM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Still torque vectoring.
https://www.carwow.co.uk/guides/glos...rque-vectoring

How much power do those cars you listed have sent to the front wheels?
-SF90's THREE motors are listed as 217 hp total among all 3; and one of those isn't even driving the front wheels. 3800lbs estimated weight.

-Revuelto has the same layout with 3 motors. 187 Hp total. It is estimated at 4450 lbs.

-Tesla Plaid has 3 motors, only 1 of which powers the front wheels. I cannot find specifics on what the FWD motor has for power--but I am confident it is a mere fraction of total power; sending 80% of power to front wheels by default would be inane for an AWD vehicle. 4766 lbs.

So only 1 of those three is lighter than the E-Ray; the other 2 far heavier. Only 1 of those is remotely competitive with the E-Ray on price. And of the 2 I could find specs for, neither seems to offer any notably higher front-axle power than the E-Ray.

Care to try again?
PuffC8 (11-22-2023)
Old 11-24-2023, 04:00 PM
RiptideHTC
Instructor

Still torque vectoring.
https://www.carwow.co.uk/guides/glos...rque-vectoring

How much power do those cars you listed have sent to the front wheels?
-SF90's THREE motors are listed as 217 hp total among all 3; and one of those isn't even driving the front wheels. 3800lbs estimated weight.

-Revuelto has the same layout with 3 motors. 187 Hp total. It is estimated at 4450 lbs.

-Tesla Plaid has 3 motors, only 1 of which powers the front wheels. I cannot find specifics on what the FWD motor has for power--but I am confident it is a mere fraction of total power; sending 80% of power to front wheels by default would be inane for an AWD vehicle. 4766 lbs.

So only 1 of those three is lighter than the E-Ray; the other 2 far heavier. Only 1 of those is remotely competitive with the E-Ray on price. And of the 2 I could find specs for, neither seems to offer any notably higher front-axle power than the E-Ray.

Care to try again?
You admitted you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, and you're asking ME to try again?
If you were capable of a basic google search, you'd have learned that the SF90 has 2 front hub mounted EV motors that provide true torque vectoring, and makes 266hp.
The same for the Revuelto, which make 296hp.

You don't even understand what torque vectoring is.
Do yourself a favor, and just stop.

Last edited by RiptideHTC; 11-24-2023 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-24-2023, 05:41 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RiptideHTC
You admitted you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, and you're asking ME to try again?
If you were capable of a basic google search, you'd have learned that the SF90 has 2 front hub mounted EV motors that provide true torque vectoring, and makes 266hp.
The same for the Revuelto, which make 296hp.

You don't even understand what torque vectoring is.
Do yourself a favor, and just stop.
https://www.caranddriver.com/ferrari/sf90-stradale-2022
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...evuelto-drive/

I said 217 and 187. I showed my work. Please show me yours.

Get notified of new replies

To ERAY and Force Induction??

Old 12-01-2023, 03:57 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,230 Likes on 713 Posts

The question I have is the handling side. How much of the design is based upon the front motor torque in relation to rear engine torque when accelerating out of corners and how stability control will behave when it intervenes if the car becomes unsettled. Maybe it doesn't matter - grip is grip independent of how much torque is being applied to the rear wheels. But that feels too simple to me.
Old 05-19-2024, 01:14 AM
YTHOTHP
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Boost District TT ERay 1000+ WHP

Worlds first TT ERay done by Boost District pushing over 1000WHP, check it on YouTube!
Old 05-21-2024, 01:28 AM
mmthomas
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Eray has brake based torque vectoring in the front.

Extending the torque for another 150 hp between 3560 - 6500/7000 is the ticket!

Quick Reply: ERAY and Force Induction??