C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katech remote bleeder pisses fluid

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 11:21 PM
Lights ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 238 Likes on 171 Posts

Default Katech remote bleeder pisses fluid

I’m beside myself right now. I went to bleed my clutch with a speed bleeder bottle with a check valve. Opened up the fitting, proceeded as normal. I finish and there’s a puddle of brake fluid under the car. Why? Because the Katech bleeder pisses fluid from the 11mm housing that the bleeder screws into if it’s opened a fraction of a nanometer too much!! Is this normal? I had a helper press the clutch down, and if the bleeder is turned even a NANOMETER more than breaking loose, fluid everywhere!! Is it not meant for old school bleeding? I installed this thing without removing a thing off my car. If it’s defective, I am done! Also, it leaks out of the threads if it’s not 100% tightened down perfectly.

Every time I have bled the clutch since installation of the remote bleeder has been with a vacuum bleeder with my friend. This is the first time doing this by myself so it’s a bit of a shock.

Should I dump a bunch of water down there to wash away the fluid?

And a side note, the 11mm female housing that the bleeder screw goes in to, is this fixed in a fixed position to the line? Mine has always freely spun around of its loose with the bleeder screw. When tightened up, doesn’t move or leak.

Last edited by Lights ZR1; 05-19-2024 at 12:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Katech remote bleeder pisses fluid