Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Ecklers - Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 01:04 PM
ScottGPM
Learning to Restore a C2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Ecklers - Problems

I ordered the Eckler seatbelt kit on May 2nd with a promised delivery by May 5th.

However, I called today, on May 6th, when it did not arrive (and I was given no notice why) and asked a CSR where my order was. "Sorry, we are closing the Florida center and transferring all inventory to the Kansas location. We expect to...maybe...ship in a month or 2."

Since my car is in the shop with the back out to install the new belts, I asked for another person to find out if there was any way I DON'T have to keep my car in the shop for 2 months waiting to find out IF Ecklers ships. Transferred to 2 other people that stated they were "not the right person" and they have no idea why I was transferred to their extension. Then I was hung up on.

Called back and got with another CSR that stated "Yea, we don't know when shipping will resume." Also found out they cannot place an "expedite" on any order and are virtually in the dark on the moving process progress. I asked why the website still promised 1-3 day delivery and was told "they are working on it."

So, FYI. If you are thinking of ordering from Ecklers in the next 3 months, think carefully as they will be heavily backlogged & will take a very long time to get your parts. Think about it...they cannot ship for 2 months, are still taking orders, then hope to catch up when? I am not sure Ecklers thought this through since they withheld the SHIPPING DELAYED information from customers.

Does anyone know who manufactures the setbelts for Ecklers?

Thanks.

Last edited by ScottGPM; 05-08-2024 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:11 PM
ScottGPM
Learning to Restore a C2
Support Corvetteforum!

UPDATE: I decided to cancel the order since it would not arrive for months from now.

When I called to cancel the order it seemed to take a lot of "may I place you on hold" moments. The CSR did not ask why I was cancelling but offered up that it was probably due to shipping delays with the move. I confirmed to her this was the very reason. She stated that a credit back to my credit card would take 7 days.

Strangely, now I got an email from Ecklers with a RMA number to confirm the return of the part I never received. It states:

Corvette 3-Point Shoulder Harness & Seat Belt Kit, Retractable, Retrofit, Medium Blue, 1965-1967
Item #: EK-25-155824-1

Unit Price: $$259.99
QTY: 1

Click on the Link(s) below to open and print your Return Shipping Label(s).You will need software which is capable of opening PDF files (Portable Document Format).

Step 3. Attach your shipping label to your box (be sure to remove or cover all other shipping labels)

Step 4: Take your package to a FedEx location with a QR code scanner and show this code from your smartphone.

FedEx will then print a label for you. Replacement products, if applicable, will be shipped once the original item shows “in transit” to us by the carrier.

Step 5: Track your package to ensure it was received by Eckler's.

Step 6: Store credit refunds will be issued within 24 hours of carrier accepting the package. Refunds to original method of payment will be issued within 7-10 business days of carrier accepting the package.

I responded yesterday by email that I cannot return an item I never received. No response yet as of today.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:13 PM
ScottGPM
Learning to Restore a C2
Support Corvetteforum!

WAIT!!! What is this???? Ecklers just emailed me they shipped the seatbelt kit today at 1:52PM...when they stated numerous times they could not even get access to it AND after I had cancelled the order yesterday at about 2pm. Geez.....

OK...according to the Tracking Report Ecklers only created a shipping label. This still means they have NOT shipped the part.

Next I called and finally got to Fontaine (long wait times). She told me they "tried" to cancel the order yesterday but that it looks like it "might" have not gotten to the shipment department. I asked her to look into this problem ON THEIR PART. After a very long period where it seemed I had been hung up on she basically said "Sorry, that's where it is at."

Ecklers believes that if they create a shipping label, then they get to keep your money no matter how long they need to actually ship the part. The incredible lack of intercompany communcations here is such a poor business model & process.

I have already had my credit card charged in full, Ecklers suddenly created a shipping label after the cancellation, (5 people stated that Ecklers cannot ship for 1-2 months) and then Ecklers expects to keep my monies because they created a paper label, regardless that they have not shipped the part to ME, so I can return it to THEM, under their RMA procedures just to get my money back? Unbelievable.

Called credit card and placed a "Dispute" on the charge.

Last edited by ScottGPM; 05-09-2024 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:33 PM
ScottGPM
Learning to Restore a C2
Support Corvetteforum!

Oh...and I have sent copies of everything since Monday to both support@ecklers.com & service@ecklers.net with zero response for days. I asked Fontaine for the email of a living, breathing human being to email with and she said this is all they have.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:49 PM
Iowa
Burning Brakes

Received 482 Likes on 268 Posts

Dispute the charge and be done.
Old 05-12-2024, 10:29 PM
ScottGPM
Learning to Restore a C2
Support Corvetteforum!

Today is May 12th, I canceled the Order on May 8th, 4 days ago. Today the seatbelts were delivered. After 5 Ecklers people told me specifically that the warehouse was being moved and I would have to wait 1-2 months for delivery. Since I cancelled the order May 8, I ordered the seatbelts elsewhere and have already had them delivered and installed.

Starting the RMA return process to send them back to Ecklers and get my payment they took upfront returned to me. Never had any response from Ecklers service or support...not very good Customer Service IMHO.

BTW - RETURN POLICIES YOU SHOULD KNOW -

Ecklers: "Returns must be initialized within 30 days from purchase date."

Top Flight: "We accept returns on most products if returned in unused, original condition in original packaging. Returns more than 90 days old from date of invoice will not be accepted for any reason. Qualified returns will receive a full refund on items returned within 30 days from invoice date. Qualified returns older than 30 days but less than 91 days, will be assessed a 25% restocking fee."

ZIP: "Parts and accessories bought from Zip Corvette may be returned within one (1) year without a restocking fee."

KEEN: Nothing on their website that could be found.

Last edited by ScottGPM; 05-14-2024 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:29 AM
'78CorvetteS.A.
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottGPM
Today is May 12th, I canceled the Order on May 8th, 4 days ago. Today the seatbelts were delivered. After 5 Ecklers people told me specifically that the warehouse was being moved and I would have to wait 1-2 months for delivery. Since I cancelled the order May 8, I ordered the seatbelts elsewhere and have already had them delivered and installed.

Starting the RMA return process to send them back to Ecklers and get my payment they took upfront returned to me. Never had any response from Ecklers service or support...not very good Customer Service IMHO.

BTW - RETURN POLICIES YOU SHOULD KNOW -

Ecklers: "Returns must be initialized within 30 days from purchase date."

Top Flight: "We accept returns on most products if returned in unused, original condition in original packaging. Returns more than 90 days old from date of invoice will not be accepted for any reason. Qualified returns will receive a full refund on items returned within 30 days from invoice date. Qualified returns older than 30 days but less than 91 days, will be assessed a 25% restocking fee."

ZIP: "Parts and accessories bought from Zip Corvette may be returned within one (1) year without a restocking fee."

KEEN: Nothing on their website that could be found.
Talk about sketchy!!! Thank you for this thread, based on reading your experience alone, this is enough for me to steer far away from ever ordering anything from Ecklers! The good ol' day's are long gone, it's very depressing! Good luck with the return, you'll probably send them back, and then they'll claim they were "damaged" or were "installed" by you and deduct 75%....make sure you take pictures, while at wherever you ship them from, and tape the box shut right before you hand the box over!!!👍
Old 05-15-2024, 11:26 AM
ScottGPM
Learning to Restore a C2
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you '78CorvetteS.A. My intent was not to bash Ecklers but to highlight the very strong lack of customer service, and bad internal notification system, Ecklers seems to have. When 5 people tell you they cannot get your part for months, and they do NOT list this problem on their website, this is a dishonest approach to serving customers. To ship AFTER cancellation is another failure on their part (again after being told the part was not available multiple times).

Still today, zero response from Ecklers. Received seatbelts Sunday, shipped back Monday. Now in route FEDEX 274378395652. Let's see if they finally refund my money. UPDATE: Fedex showing tracking delivery to Ecklers on 5.16.24.

However, I did ship back a door seal yesterday to Top Flight that I ordered but found was already included in the door panels purchased from them. It was AFTER their 90-day rule, but TF approved the return anyway and gave me a RMA number. Extremely nice of them!!

Last edited by ScottGPM; 05-15-2024 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 12:05 PM
ScottGPM
Learning to Restore a C2
Support Corvetteforum!

Per Fedex today:
Hi. Your package was delivered Thu, 05/16/2024 at 8:42am.

TRACKING NUMBER 274378395652
FROM TEMPE, AZ, US
TO Lenexa, KS, US
SHIP DATE Mon 5/13/2024 12:00 AM
PACKAGING TYPE Package
ORIGIN TEMPE, AZ, US
DESTINATION Lenexa, KS, US
SPECIAL HANDLING Print Return Label Package Returns Program
NUMBER OF PIECES 1
TOTAL SHIPMENT WEIGHT 7.90 LB
SERVICE TYPE FedEx Ground

Let's see how long it takes to get my refund.

Get notified of new replies

To Ecklers - Problems

Quick Reply: Ecklers - Problems