Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now a buyers market.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2024, 10:30 AM
sshallen
Burning Brakes

Received 700 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by EvanD
Sshallen. What do you mean by this?
"Idiocracy was a documentary."
Brawndo has what plants crave.
Old 05-23-2024, 10:36 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 12,031 Likes on 5,722 Posts

Originally Posted by rackemup
Hillarious, you don't know anymore than he does but feel that you are in a position to invalidate his speculation with a "show me" demand.
Prices on Stingrays are coming down quickly as evidenced by the numerous examples of discounts in the $6,000 range offered whether you believe it or not.
Your denial here is entertaining but will NOT stabilize the value of your vehicle. It would be much easier for you to accept reality.
Yes, prices are coming down and don't know that anyone here is disputing that. What I'm disputing is that just because a limited # of dealers out of 2,900 whose business model is to sell Corvettes in volume have started to discount does not declare that's it's a BYER's MARKET.

And the value of my vehicle is of no concern to me. What is a concern of mine is those like you and phalse who are hell-bend on spreading internet hype and miss-information slandering Chevy dealers and 7-11, without cause.

Last edited by Kevin A Jones; 05-23-2024 at 10:59 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kevin A Jones:
Fast Dawg (05-23-2024), JALLEN4 (05-23-2024), JDSKY (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 01:14 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,237 Likes on 846 Posts

A quick peruse of this thread and I see...deniers of the fact that its a buyers market, and admittedly, while not as good as its going to get it is for sure a metric **** ton better than it was..I'm guessing the majority of deniers paid over retail and there might even be a few that feel smug about buying at msrp...which is in some peoples mind a shitty deal...with it becoming a buyers market now their deals just started seeming worse than they were but not as epic shitty as those who paid over MSRP. At least those in the most harsh denier clan can relish in the fact they didn't buy a Tesla Plaid for 130k... They are out 70k or more...

I see the ones claiming it is a buyers market is populated by a some who might be the ones never pay msrp to begin with let alone over msrp...I think that group is winning this debate mostly because they have no bone in the argument......and its probably only going to get better, for them, when they decide to buy.

It dang well is a buyers market today....and they are not selling like they were even at that...It happens every model year for sure....the "pandemic" made this one last longer than most before the correction started showing up but its here...

None of that really matters though, it simply boils down to different strokes for different folks...

The following users liked this post:
rackemup (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 01:34 PM
phalse
Burning Brakes

Received 395 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
Yes, prices are coming down and don't know that anyone here is disputing that. What I'm disputing is that just because a limited # of dealers out of 2,900 whose business model is to sell Corvettes in volume have started to discount does not declare that's it's a BYER's MARKET.

And the value of my vehicle is of no concern to me. What is a concern of mine is those like you and phalse who are hell-bend on spreading internet hype and miss-information slandering Chevy dealers and 7-11, without cause.
i think you're starting to go a bit overboard, mate. its clear that you're doubling down on your position after having been proven wrong, it is in fact a buyers market since that's really only defined by, basically, the buyer being in the stronger position.

you can special order a c8 from MM right now, today, for ten percent off. that's a sweet deal by anyones measure. comparisons to the final discounts on C7 don't quite hold up i think, the world was still normal then. rates and the economy being what they are, dont you think the discounts will be as great or greater, in the end, on the C8?

you seem to be mostly haggling over exact definitions.. something a woman would do, perhaps. its a buyers market man, come on. anyone with eyes can see that. no big deal. lets say that it is (because it is..) then so what? is the sky falling?

when you say the value of your car is no concern to you, you're kinda giving yourself away. the value IS of some concern, as it is to anyone, and you want it to be higher, not lower, and like.. duh. of course. but its a buyers market, i'm tellin' ya. the car's been out for like five ****** years now, the numbers were gonna drop like a rock at some point and its only natural that the ones to do it first were the large volume dealers.
rackemup (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 02:01 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,331 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by marshal135
Florida is still asking MSRP on straight up StingRays.
A Z06 in the show room was snickered at 156k and they were discreetly saying add 10k.
Thats why I ordered fromMM 1300 miles North of me.
Instead of 10k more and a lost sale I save 8600.00.
No brainer if your not an impulse buyer
They will be forced to start (deeply) discounting because the cars are just sitting on their lots. Chevrolet dealer in Bonita Spring now has 10 on the lot and they’ve been there for a few weeks.
Old 05-23-2024, 02:27 PM
rackemup
Racer

Received 264 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxie2U
They will be forced to start (deeply) discounting because the cars are just sitting on their lots. Chevrolet dealer in Bonita Spring now has 10 on the lot and they’ve been there for a few weeks.
Exactly, that is Estero Bay Chevrolet. Just drove past there an hour ago coming back home from Miramar Mall.
These are in stock units all looking for adoption. Relatively small dealer with 10 Corvettes rotting on the vine, yeah, sure sounds like a buyers market.
https://www.esterobaychevrolet.com/n...5D%5B1%5D=Demo
Maxie2U (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 02:39 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,568 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Old 05-23-2024, 02:58 PM
phalse
Burning Brakes

Received 395 Likes on 267 Posts

i think a more logical and productive question is, if they aren't selling nearly as many as they were a mere 18ish months ago.. why on earth take away so many colors? what sense does that make? never seen a manufacturer do that. like ever.

meanwhile if you look at makes like bmw and porsche they offer something like 48373 different colors, often on a regular basis. its pretty sweet, but only if you like box shaped cars (M4), or teardrop (any porsche ever) shaped cars, i guess.
Old 05-23-2024, 08:11 PM
RedC8Lover22
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by phalse
i think a more logical and productive question is, if they aren't selling nearly as many as they were a mere 18ish months ago.. why on earth take away so many colors? what sense does that make? never seen a manufacturer do that. like ever.

meanwhile if you look at makes like bmw and porsche they offer something like 48373 different colors, often on a regular basis. its pretty sweet, but only if you like box shaped cars (M4), or teardrop (any porsche ever) shaped cars, i guess.
The model T was available in everyone's favorite color, as long that was black.
phalse (05-23-2024)

Quick Reply: Now a buyers market.