C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Ebay LED Taillights

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 10:11 AM
Whodamans
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 88 Posts

Weird man, only thing i can think is you got a bad bunch or maybe some electrical problems? Mine worked great with the flash, Ordered
Amazon Amazon
and they work just like stock now.
Old 05-19-2024, 10:12 AM
C6 Motorsports
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Berto_702
Wondering if there are any updates out there?

I’ve had all sorts of issues with the Kaizen GT lights. I’ve been fighting hyper flash (even with 100w 6ohm resistors), lights not flashing with the turn signal on, but flashing when I use my key fob to lock/unlock. I’ve read a few posts above that the dash lights were flashing with the signals on - I’ve had that too. Oh, and a burned out light.

I’ve been in contact with the seller, who also sent out a hyperflash harness to me for free, but still having issues. At this point, the seller has asked me to ship everything back for a refund. Bummed out, because I really wanted these lights to work.

That's disappointing to hear. It looks like some get luckier than others showing the quality control is just not there for these. I'm on my second summer and they are working great with no glitches.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:27 PM
unkled20
Racer

Received 303 Likes on 148 Posts

Wondering if there are any updates out there?

I’ve had all sorts of issues with the Kaizen GT lights. I’ve been fighting hyper flash (even with 100w 6ohm resistors), lights not flashing with the turn signal on, but flashing when I use my key fob to lock/unlock. I’ve read a few posts above that the dash lights were flashing with the signals on - I’ve had that too. Oh, and a burned out light.

I’ve been in contact with the seller, who also sent out a hyperflash harness to me for free, but still having issues. At this point, the seller has asked me to ship everything back for a refund. Bummed out, because I really wanted these lights to work.
I'm sure you have seen some of my posts about these lights. I have had a lot of the issues you mentioned. I tried everything to get them to work, upgraded resistors, the hyperflash harness, etc, but I wasn't able to get them working properly for more than a day.
Old 05-20-2024, 12:34 PM
Berto_702
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unkled20
I'm sure you have seen some of my posts about these lights. I have had a lot of the issues you mentioned. I tried everything to get them to work, upgraded resistors, the hyperflash harness, etc, but I wasn't able to get them working properly for more than a day.

That’s disappointing to hear. I was really hoping these would have worked out. My options now are to
send them back for a refund, or buy a new set and cross my fingers for the best. The seller has been a little quiet since telling me to return them though, so I’m not sure I want to purchase from them again.
Old 05-21-2024, 10:11 AM
unkled20
Racer

That’s disappointing to hear. I was really hoping these would have worked out. My options now are to
send them back for a refund, or buy a new set and cross my fingers for the best. The seller has been a little quiet since telling me to return them though, so I’m not sure I want to purchase from them again.
I tried three sets. I tried one set and had issues. The seller sent me a replacement light for the one that burned out. I still had issues. The seller sent me a second set. I had issues with those. I even mixed and matched the sets, trying to get them to work. I still couldn't get them to work. I bought a set from a different seller. I had issues with those as well. The lights from the different sellers were the exact same lights, btw.

I got a refund for everything. The first seller actually told me to keep the second set. I still have them sitting in the box.

It's so strange how some people don't have any issues and others just can't get these to work. Of course, we all know these cars have very finicky electrical systems.
Old 05-21-2024, 06:52 PM
see6ick
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried three sets. I tried one set and had issues. The seller sent me a replacement light for the one that burned out. I still had issues. The seller sent me a second set. I had issues with those. I even mixed and matched the sets, trying to get them to work. I still couldn't get them to work. I bought a set from a different seller. I had issues with those as well. The lights from the different sellers were the exact same lights, btw.

I got a refund for everything. The first seller actually told me to keep the second set. I still have them sitting in the box.

It's so strange how some people don't have any issues and others just can't get these to work. Of course, we all know these cars have very finicky electrical systems.

Have you checked to see if u blew any fuses after the first set burnt out? I didn’t realize till much later that I blew the fuse that controlled night running lights for tails and side markers.
Old 05-21-2024, 07:35 PM
unkled20
Racer

Originally Posted by see6ick
Have you checked to see if u blew any fuses after the first set burnt out? I didn’t realize till much later that I blew the fuse that controlled night running lights for tails and side markers.
Thanks for asking. I did read that someone had the #8 fuse blow (if I remember correctly).

I only had one of the lights burn out, not all of them. I checked the fuses in the cabin and in the engine compartment and everything looks good. Also, when I put the factory lights back in, everything works as it should.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:10 PM
Berto_702
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for asking. I did read that someone had the #8 fuse blow (if I remember correctly).

I only had one of the lights burn out, not all of them. I checked the fuses in the cabin and in the engine compartment and everything looks good. Also, when I put the factory lights back in, everything works as it should.

Same. I blew and replaced a fuse, too
Old 05-23-2024, 08:08 PM
zinsavage123
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Just checking how are these holding up for you guys still with em after about a year?
Old 05-23-2024, 11:21 PM
C6_Prodigy
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by zinsavage123
Just checking how are these holding up for you guys still with em after about a year?
Mine are still fine but I hesitate to post this because I don't want to jinx them. I'm not superstitious but I'm a little stitious.

Quick Reply: C6 Ebay LED Taillights