Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: (SOLD) 2001 z06 86k CCW, CarPlay, radioflyer lighting $21500

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 09:04 PM
darkside_ofthemoon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default (SOLD) 2001 z06 86k CCW, CarPlay, radioflyer lighting $21500

SOLD thanks!

Upgrades: (prices listed are for the parts without labor for install)

CCW 505A 18”/19” wheels $2,800

double din pioneer wireless apple carplay/android with backup camera with Vettenuts console trim $900

Polk 3 way speakers front and rear. $400

sharplightinnovations.com low rise HID/LED headlamp kit with Halo (angel eyes) rings $1400

sharplightinnovations.com front turn signals with switchback function $400

sharplightinnovations.com Led taillights with Halo $360

LED rear side markers and third brake light painted body color $250

Callaway honker CAI $550

Corsa cat-back sport exhaust with 4 tips $2075 (chosen specifically so it sounds near stock for regular driving but has an aggressive note when the gas is applied)

Corsa mid X-pipe $570

Skip-shift eliminator $30

Ceramic coated in summer of 2023 $800

Led bulb upgrades in the cab/trunk $100

Alcantara sun visor covers $190

Cab/trunk divider $100

Many interior/exterior touches not listed.

Recent Repairs

Tires are Continental sport contact 2 just installed less than 5K ago, has almost all the tread left.

At 75k I spent $6400 and had:

New Rear main seal installed.

New OEM ls7 clutch installed.

Rebuilt the torque tube while removed with OEM bushings.

Rear differential re-sealed

New fuel filter

Replaced Knock sensors.

In the last 15-20K I also had:

AC compressor/condenser/hoses replaced.

All belts and tensioner pulleys with belt

New p/s rack with hoses

New sway bar links front and rear

New GM parking brake cables.

I purchased this car in 2009 with 32,000 miles and it has been my pride and joy these last 15 years, but I have had my eye on a C7 for some time and think it is time to let this one go. I have always had a second car to drive in bad weather, but this has been my daily driver on nice days. I guess it did take me 15 years to put on 55,000 miles so that’s about 3,700 a year average. I am lucky and live close to work. Current mileage is 86,XXX and will continue to go up as this is my daily driver.

As I have had this car for 15 years, I know it well, so I want to be up front and list the issues. I don’t want anyone from out of the state to look at the car and be surprised by anything. I also have priced the car with these small issues in mind. This is not a collector car to put in the Garage and not drive. This is a wonderful driver car that is not perfect but in exceptional state for the year and mileage. I simply have maintained and taken care of the car better than much of the population would have. The car is sold As-Is

Issues:

The car has a clean title but was involved in 2 very minor accidents with me behind the wheel.

The first accident was when I was stopped at a stop light with a guy in front of me also stopped. A train was getting ready to go by and the guy in front of me thought he was too close to the tracks. He didn’t look in his rearview mirror and backed right into me from a standstill. This only caused minor damage to the paint on the front bumper, and it was repainted.

The second accident was me following a Gentleman in a truck. He had some type of animal run in front of his car, and I rear-ended him. Luckily for me it was a truck, and my car basically went under the truck and hit his leaf springs. This damaged the front hood, bumper and one headlamp. It was professionally repaired here in Portland with Precision paint and body. This is a real quality shop that routinely works on Porsches, Mercedes and Lamborghini. Nothing mechanical was replaced in either accident and no airbags were ever deployed.

The car leaked water on the side sills above the windows when I purchased the car. For this reason, the headliner has a few water stains and frayed on the edges. I did repair the water leak 14 years ago but never addressed the headliner. In the past couple years one of the drip rails over the driver’s door has cracked and separated. This part is discontinued from GM, but I was able to source a new pass and drivers set that will be included in the sale.

Rear window needs to have tint fixed as it is de-laminating on the edges. I had the 2 front windows re-done a couple years ago so they are good. The driver’s door tint does have one spot in the tint where the window pinches the inside of the regulator when the window goes down.

Sometimes at startup I get “CHARGE SYSTEM FAULT”. I have had this issue the whole 15 years I have owned the car. I did have it looked at a couple different times but was unable to figure out why I got this message. I have had the charging system checked multiple times and have been thru 3 or 4 batteries I the last 15 years and have never had any issue.Sometimes it will be 6-8 months between when I see the message and then other times it may happen 3 times in a week.

When I purchased the car, it had a rip in the driver’s seat. A few years ago, I was able to find a Forum member who had a correct matching driver’s seat they had removed out of a racecar. The seat was in much better shape, so I swapped it out. The seat functions all still work except for the memory function. I never use that anyways, so I never swapped the car seat module to make the memory function properly. I still have the original seat and module that will be included in the sale. I make this sound worse than it is as the new seat still works fine just sometimes gets held up with the memory function.

The Fuel pump can be loud sometimes. I have had 2 shops look at this including my local GM dealer and they said the pump was loud but still working perfectly. Apparently, this is a common issue on the C5 and doesn’t mean the pump has issue.

The lower oil pan is starting to seep. It is not leaking yet and I have never seen drips or must add extra oil. The pan will need re-sealed eventually but is fine for now.

Please give me a call on 8123603265 if you have any questions or

would like to go for a test drive. Thank you all for looking. Located in Portland Oregon

sold

Last edited by darkside_ofthemoon; 05-25-2024 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 05-19-2024, 03:32 AM
darkside_ofthemoon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump
Old 05-19-2024, 09:01 AM
BACNBLK
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Beautiful car, GLWS 🍻
Old 05-25-2024, 10:55 PM
SoldmyWS64AC5
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the great car!!! My son is going to love it!!!
Old 05-26-2024, 12:39 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,726 Likes on 14,219 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Congrats on the sale. Thread closed.

Get notified of new replies

To (SOLD) 2001 z06 86k CCW, CarPlay, radioflyer lighting $21500

Quick Reply: FS: (SOLD) 2001 z06 86k CCW, CarPlay, radioflyer lighting $21500