Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post

WARNING ABOUT ORDERING WHEELS FROM OE WHEELS Distributors from Sarasota, FL.

Here’s how the deal went down and went very south: I wanted new 17x11 inch ZR1 wheels for my vette to do autoXing events. While surfing Ebay, I came across an ad MOORE9911, for a set of four wheels for a very reasonable price. The toll free number was listed on the site so I called them and asked about the price for four 17x11 ZR1 five spokes in 50mm offset. They asked chrome or silver. I stated silver since I was going to go racing and didn’t see the point in getting chrome. They asked for my number and said they would get back to me. I received the quote on my answering machine and called them the next day to place my order for FOUR (4) 17x11 ZR1 Silver 50mm offset wheels. The cost was 670.00 plus 80.00 shipping. After about a week or so, I get the wheels dropped off by UPS. Upon inspection I discover that I don’t have 4 silver wheels as ordered, but only 1. The other 3 are chrome instead.
The next day, I called OEWD and stated that there was a problem with my order. I was shipped 3 chrome wheels and 1 silver wheel instead of the 4 silver wheels that I ordered. They looked up my order and then stated that I would need to return the 3 chrome wheels and they would ship out the 3 silver wheels right away and they would be there in about a week. Under normal circumstances this would be fine. But, unfortunately for me, this isn’t that time. I stated that that would not be sufficient because I have an autoX event to attend in two days and I can’t miss it because of year-end championship points. I asked them to overnight them to me since it was after all their error by shipping me what I didn’t want. Chris (the same person who took my order) said hold on for a minute. When he came back on he reiterated what was previously stated about one week (5 business days). If I wanted them any sooner I would have to pay for it. No way I said. He then asked me what I wanted to do. Wanting more time to think about this whole deal, I said let me think about it and would call him back in 30 minutes because I was at work.
I called Chris back and stated that I wasn’t willing to miss the autoX event and already had an appointment to have my race tires mounted. I told him never mind about the screw up and that I would just keep the wheels as is and deal with it in my own timeframe. I said I would pay to have the fourth wheel chromed so that they matched. He stated that that was fine and asked if I needed anything else to be satisfied. I said no and hung up. It should have ended there.
Not so. I come home and on my answering machine is a message from OE Wheels. It is Mr. Jim Moore and he states that I would need to return the 3 chrome wheels in exchange for the 3 silver wheels or make an adjustment to the order. I couldn’t call them back that day because of the time zone difference.
The next day I call and talk to Chris once again and ask him what was up. I restated the whole story once again and reiterated that the whole screw up was their fault and now I would be getting screwed over because of this. He wasn’t sympathetic nor did OEWD make any further attempts to “make me happy” and he hung by the party line about my having to return the wheels or they would charge me for the chrome ones. I told him that their customer service sucked and hung up.
After calming down a bit, I later called once again and asked to speak to Jim Moore. Chris said he was out of the office and so he took a message for Jim to call me back at his earliest convenience. The call was never returned, this was on Friday early afternoon. I have since, not made any further attempts to call these people either. It gets worse.
Yesterday, while reviewing my account information online, what do I see. An additional charge of $230.00. from OE Wheels. This additional charge was initiated on the 17th and posted on the 21st. I called these azzholes on the 17th to inform them of the problem!! They didn’t even wait to see if we were going to resolve this issue, but I am charged the extra money. AND AT NO TIME WAS I INFORMED THAT THIS HAPPENED!! No calls, nothing…..BS on that. I just called my card carrier and am taking matters a little further by protesting the extra charge. I doubt I will get my money back so I am going to post this here and if I can prevent them from getting at least one sale, then fine.
I will never again do business with these engrates. Nor will I recommend them to anybody. STAY AWAY FROM OE WHEELS Distributors. You can get these same wheels from any retailer that deals in Detroit Wheels. I have searched the web and found numerous other dealers for them, trust me.

KEVIN GOODWIN
Old 04-24-2003, 11:03 PM
MC TORCH RED
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post (Goody)

thanks for the tip. i was just getting ready to order two chrome 17x9.5 z06 wheels ............now they won't get my fuc-ing business.......... :bs
Old 04-25-2003, 01:10 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Default Re: BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post (MC TORCH RED)

I think if these guys were worth half a shizt, they should have called me back and offered to send me the one chrome wheel for free, provided I returned the silver one. Nope...they demanded the chromes be returned...why would I do that since these dorks already charged my card??? This just burns me to no end right now.

Cheapazz, no account....."we do 200 orders a day and don't have time for this".
Old 04-25-2003, 02:40 PM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post (Goody)

Goody, you may want to check a few things before you resign yourself to being screwed. You should check the credit consumer legislation in your state insofar as goods being sent to you which you did not request; obviously there are a lot of variations to individual state laws, but its worth the inquiry. Similarly, there are federal laws that deal with this, as it does involve interstate commerce. Third, it could be argued that Chris, the seller (or seller's representative), acquiesced to the change of contract terms, and the company should now be bound by it. In other words, you contracted to buy 4 silver wheels for X dollars, to be delivered to you in a timely fashion. The company delivered 4 mismatched wheels for X dollars. To resolve the mistake, the seller agreed to your keeping the wheels without any requirement that you pay additional funds, to which you agreed. Now they wish to change the terms of the agreement. :nono: :nono: While the credit card dispute is a good approach, the consumer credit laws are pretty good for consumers, as well as small claims court in your state. If you sued them, I'd be surprised if they came and defended against it. Get a judgment and go after 'em. I know the reality is you only wish you had 4 silver wheels, and not all this aggravation, but.... Good luck to you.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Zora
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

I will help spread the word..... :yesnod:
Old 04-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Vette Threat
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I was about to order a set this week, forget that! :mad :mad :mad
Old 04-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Default Re: BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post (Vette Threat)

I trully feel that if they had sent me what I ordered then I would be on here raving about the place. But, that if for naught. This deal has gone way down south and so I will do my best to sway people away from these idiots.
I'm not even a newbie to the online marketplace. I have spent thousands online in the last five or so years and this trully marks the first real hassle I have had with anybody. Which is another reason it burns my britches so much.
If you've bought from them and had no problems then good on yah. But if you are shopping for wheels, stay away because they don't make it easy to fix their screwups. :nono:
Old 04-25-2003, 10:50 PM
TD-Machines
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen their wheels on ebay. They don't get many bidders. I wonder why!
Old 04-25-2003, 11:30 PM
JB666
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post (TD-Machines)

Another reason AFS is looking better and better each day. I'll pass the word about your dealings to a few people.... An unhappy customer is a VERY unhealthy weapon to a business.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:25 AM
ittlfly
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post (Jbaker)

I called these people when I was looking for 2 17 x 11 in silver (just like you got). Their attitude was like they really didn't care if they got my business or not. So I decided on the phone right then and there not to do business with them.. I told them to forget it and hung up. Bought 2 AFS wheels and glad I did. :cheers: Sorry you got taken tho. I figured that if this was their attitude before the deal, what would it be like after getting my $ if a problem came up ?..

[Modified by ittlfly, 7:26 AM 4/26/2003]
Old 04-26-2003, 11:21 AM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I trully feel that if they had sent me what I ordered then I would be on here raving about the place. But, that if for naught. This deal has gone way down south and so I will do my best to sway people away from these idiots.
Goody, unfortunately, the true colors of a business are not when things go right, but how they handle things when they go wrong. That's why we don't hear constant accolades from people saying they ordered from a vendor and they got what they ordered. That should be the norm, but we all realize that mistakes are inherently possible when people are involved. Hence their conduct after the fact is, to me, the critical issue. We all appreciate your heads up - sorry it was at your expense, and again I hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:53 AM
kittmaster
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is bad business. I bought my 4 chrome zr1 reps from them before christmas on ebay, and they were very quick and right on the money. They even followed up to see if I was happy with my selections. I wonder if the company has taken a dump on the customer service in the last 6 months...... :(

They screwed up big, I'm sorry that they put you through that. I can see both sides of the coin on this one......but THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! They should have taken better care of you under this diress....shame on them. Hope you get it worked out.

Kitt
Old 04-26-2003, 06:34 PM
JB666
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing I don't get about this company is their evident lack of a COMPANY!??!?! Try doing a search for OE WHEELS, O.E. WHEEL DISTRIBUTORS, or any combo, and NOTHING will come up.. Is this place even a business?? If so, who are they?!?!?!?
Old 04-26-2003, 07:01 PM
Torch Red
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '09

Seems i have read alot of threads about that comapny ... I think are pretty toast for business of the Forum members that check in regularly!!!

They would never get my cash!
Old 04-27-2003, 12:34 AM
vette92_1
Burning Brakes

Goody, incase you haven't already, send them a link to this thread on an email.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:08 AM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Goody....without telling the whole story again...I will tell you that they are a buch of bastards who screwed me out of alot of money as well. Their REAR ZR-1 wheels are jimmy rigged and fit right, but on the outside they don't have the sunk-in center like a ZR-1 Wheel should..they are flush like the front... :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
Old 04-28-2003, 12:00 AM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Default Re: BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post (LowFlight)

Goody....without telling the whole story again...I will tell you that they are a buch of bastards who screwed me out of alot of money as well. Their REAR ZR-1 wheels are jimmy rigged and fit right, but on the outside they don't have the sunk-in center like a ZR-1 Wheel should..they are flush like the front... :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
Yeah, I posted that to somebody else as well. They call themselves OE Wheels, but that doesn't make the products they are selling even resemble OEM. The 11's look like 9.5s. One of the chrome wheels even required 6oz of weight to balance out with my brand new V700s. The silver one was near perfect. But, I can't even return a wheel for being hard to balance (lots of weight), especially having mounted it. I'll just deal with it until I wear these out or win the lottery and buy some CCW's.

Get notified of new replies

To BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post

Old 04-28-2003, 01:47 AM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post (ittlfly)

I called these people when I was looking for 2 17 x 11 in silver (just like you got). Their attitude was like they really didn't care if they got my business or not. So I decided on the phone right then and there not to do business with them.. I told them to forget it and hung up. Bought 2 AFS wheels and glad I did. :cheers: Sorry you got taken tho. I figured that if this was their attitude before the deal, what would it be like after getting my $ if a problem came up ?..

[Modified by ittlfly, 7:26 AM 4/26/2003]
I got the same attitude when I called to ask about a polished set. After seeing this, they won't get my business either.

The original poster said he found other places for these wheels (besides AFS), can we get some info? email me if you'd like R94LT1@attbi.com Thanks.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:59 AM
GDP
Team Owner

This company seems to be stunningly, and embarassingly full of poopie. I will not order anything from them, ever. :mad
Old 04-28-2003, 02:54 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Default Re: BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post (vette92_1)

Goody, incase you haven't already, send them a link to this thread on an email.
Sounds like a good idea. My CC company is inwork on the bogus $230.00 charge.

Quick Reply: BEWARE of OE Wheels Distributors WARNING WARNING!!!! Long post