Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Race Challenge at LS Fest West -- tire question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 03:31 AM
DoubleDown
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Road Race Challenge at LS Fest West -- tire question

I am looking to register my supercharged C7 for the Road Race Challenge at LS Fest West and noticed the rules specify:

"Participants must use DOT approved street tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200 tread wear rating or higher."

I currently have Toyo R888R fronts and MT ET Street rears for half mile racing -- neither meet the tread wear requirement.

What is an affordable street tire I can use for this event that meets the above criteria? I hate buying tires to use for one weekend, but it sounds like a fun event.

19" front, 19 or 20" rear

https://www.lsfest.com/west/events-l...ursechallenge/

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2017, 01:20 AM
fruitsalad
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm in the same boat, needing to buy a set of 200TW tires just for the LS Fest weekend. I'll probably go with BFG Rivals or Falken RT615K. If by some miracle you can get Bridgestone RE71Rs in your size (for me, biggest 18" they have is a 275 I think which is way too narrow) I'd jump on those.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:37 AM
DoubleDown
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think I'm going to have to skip the event. It's not worth it to me to spend so much just to gimp my car with street tires for the weekend.

Seems silly to have a race event and not allow race tires.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:30 PM
fruitsalad
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DoubleDown
I think I'm going to have to skip the event. It's not worth it to me to spend so much just to gimp my car with street tires for the weekend.

Seems silly to have a race event and not allow race tires.
I think part of the reasoning behind it is that it's a part of the OUSCI series of events, which probably all require 200+ treadwear. They want to keep it competitive for cars that are still fully streetable. Part of LS Fest is the poker run and street cruise.

Get notified of new replies

To Road Race Challenge at LS Fest West -- tire question

Quick Reply: Road Race Challenge at LS Fest West -- tire question