Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

19's & 20's on a C5 Base?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 03:20 PM
katrinacop
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 19's & 20's on a C5 Base?

I am definitely going to put new rims on my 2000 C5 Vert. My dilemma is do i stay stock size or do i go bigger.. i think the look of bigger rims is better but what about handling.. recalibrating the speedo, ride comfort?

also i see many forum members put the same size front and rear (not staggered) Ughhh whats the best way to go? Too many options. Right now i have Nittos as fat as i could fit on stock 17' 18's.. i like the ride... comfortable and very stable even in rain so maybe i should stay stock size... ughhhh
Old 06-26-2014, 06:18 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If I had to do over, i would stay at 18/19. Im currently running 19/20 and I regret it. The ride is so so and i break lose fairly easily if I don't pay attention. That's just me.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:04 AM
katrinacop
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 19s & 20s

thanks for telling me. that helps me a lot. the handling is obviously very important. i appreciate your taking the time to respond
-pete

Originally Posted by ezrider4u2
If I had to do over, i would stay at 18/19. Im currently running 19/20 and I regret it. The ride is so so and i break lose fairly easily if I don't pay attention. That's just me.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:55 AM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by katrinacop
thanks for telling me. that helps me a lot. the handling is obviously very important. i appreciate your taking the time to respond
-pete
No problem. Just an FYI-the speedo wont be off by very much 1-2 maybe. The ride and handling do suffer quite a bit and depending on tire you can expect some issues with the wet ride. The Invos are ok at best in rain but a lot of people complain about the soft sidewalls. I have not had an issue yet but these are only a year old and I don't beat on the car too much. Just to give you an idea of the difference in compound one the road, below are two shots for a comparison. I just think that for a good compromise of handling, ride and good look on these cars, IMHO the 18/19 is the most sensible. Check it out:

This is my rear 20 in tire now

This was my 19 in tire

Last edited by ezrider4u2; 06-28-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:05 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Speedo doesn't have to be off at all. When you move up in wheel size, you go with lower profile tires. If you choose the right tire size, the outer diameter will be the same as OEM and your speedo will be unaffected...

Get notified of new replies

To 19's & 20's on a C5 Base?

Quick Reply: 19's & 20's on a C5 Base?