Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Grand Sport Chrome Wheels Pitting???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 10:46 AM
gunslinger646
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Grand Sport Chrome Wheels Pitting???

Howdy, Purchased my 2013 Grand Sport June of last year....Cleaned it up again yesterday with the break in the weather here in Cincinnati. Have noticed what appears to be pitting on all 4 of my wheels? Tiny pinhole spots on my wheels..you can feel it raised on the chrome. From 5 feet you cant see it...Of course it is bugging me to no end....standard Meguire
's wheel cleaner no help. Any suggestions as to what it is and how I can treat/eliminate the problem....Is this normal? Do I need a specialty product? Likely would not show up in the amateur pictures i could take....Thanks for the help!
gunslinger646 is online now Report Post
Old 03-16-2014, 11:52 PM
anniv88
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the wheels are pitting they are covered under warranty.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:49 PM
goober51
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gunslinger646
Howdy, Purchased my 2013 Grand Sport June of last year....Cleaned it up again yesterday with the break in the weather here in Cincinnati. Have noticed what appears to be pitting on all 4 of my wheels? Tiny pinhole spots on my wheels..you can feel it raised on the chrome. From 5 feet you cant see it...Of course it is bugging me to no end....standard Meguire
's wheel cleaner no help. Any suggestions as to what it is and how I can treat/eliminate the problem....Is this normal? Do I need a specialty product? Likely would not show up in the amateur pictures i could take....Thanks for the help!
gunslinger646 is online now Report Post
I bought a new 2013 march a year ago.my chrome wheels have something that looks like dirt or crud that will not wash or wax off. It does not feel pitted. I clean this car just like the old C5 i had for 12 yrs. i never had anything like this.. Anyone have any ideas?

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 Grand Sport Chrome Wheels Pitting???

Quick Reply: 2013 Grand Sport Chrome Wheels Pitting???