Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C-5 ZO6 Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Old Shep
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C-5 ZO6 Tires

My 2003 Corvette ZO6 has 40,000 miles on factory size Michelin Pilot tires and I am ready to replace them. I want run-flats because I have no spare(s). I do only low mileage normal family driving. I want to reduce road noise. What make, model and size tires are available and/or would be recommended?
Old 06-27-2014, 08:13 AM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 223 Posts

What did you end up with? My tires are about gone on my 2002 z06 and I am debating my options also.

Thanks,
D.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:26 PM
Old Shep
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Tires

Originally Posted by Old Shep
My 2003 Corvette ZO6 has 40,000 miles on factory size Michelin Pilot tires and I am ready to replace them. I want run-flats because I have no spare(s). I do only low mileage normal family driving. I want to reduce road noise. What make, model and size tires are available and/or would be recommended?
For what it is worth I ended up with Michelin Pilot Sport Plus Run Flats and because I was pressed for time I did not shop around. I purchased them from Discount Tire near where I live. They had three options and were very quick to say that Goodyear was a bad option. Amazing to me the tires I purchased were the least expensive of the three options. They have a 30k mile warranty and I purchased free replacement certificates after I learned that if you are caught where there is no convenient Discount Store you can purchase anywhere and just call an 800 number. I took a little risk in that Michelin is going to discontinue the run flats so in the event of needing a replacement it might create some difficulty. I checked the dates on each tire and they were very recent. I was told they are used to seeing Corvettes back for new tires after 15k miles and were amazed that my old tires had 30k on them. In fact I had to prove it for them before they believed me. With the certificates and all other cost including taxes the total price was approximately $1,300 less a $75 mail-in gift card. I am very pleased with them to date but it is way too early for an evaluation.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:42 PM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 223 Posts

I ordered new bridgestones. If I don't like them they will swap them

D.

Get notified of new replies

To C-5 ZO6 Tires

Quick Reply: C-5 ZO6 Tires