Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Announcement ... Tire Rack has become an Official Toyo Tires Motorsports Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Default Announcement ... Tire Rack has become an Official Toyo Tires Motorsports Dealer

Find the action. Find the fun.

Toyo Tires love to race and have a well-earned reputation for winning in all kinds of motorsports in locations all over the world.
More than the competition and fun, however, is the knowledge gained from motorsports activities, which is put to good use in developing the best tires for your car or truck.

Looking for a set of your own race-winning tires ...
look no further Tire Rack is now an Official Toyo Tires Motorsports dealer.

Extreme Performance Summer

Proxes R1R

The Proxes R1R is Toyo’s Extreme Performance Summer tire developed for driving enthusiasts looking for capabilities beyond normal street tire limitations. Developed from Toyo’s years of grueling on-track experience, Proxes R1R tires are engineered to elevate performance in dry and wet conditions. Like all Extreme Performance Summer tires, Proxes R1R tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. It’s also essential these tires be stored indoors at temperatures maintained above 15 degrees F.

The Proxes R1R molds a high-grip, silica-reinforced tread compound into an 8/32” to 9/32” deep directional Arrowhead tread design featuring an extra wide footprint to blend handling and performance during spirited dry-road driving with traction in wet conditions. The leading edges of the arrowheads are tapered to stabilize center block movement to reduce the possibility of irregular wear. Multi-Width EVAC Channels improve water evacuation from the center of the tread design to help increase hydroplaning resistance, while their narrow widths at the shoulders increase block size to enhance steering response and maintain block stiffness during aggressive braking.

The tire’s internal structure features an advanced competition-inspired modified radial construction for driving hard through the corners and accelerating quickly onto the straight-aways. Twin high-tensile steel belts reinforced with spirally wrapped jointless cap and edge plies control the footprint size and shape. Jointless beads anchor the tires to the wheels while a high-modulus bead compound and slightly angled body plies work together to stabilize the sidewall.

Track & Competition DOT– Racetrack and Autocross Only

Proxes R888

The Proxes R888 is Toyo’s new-generation, Track & Competition DOT tire for driving enthusiasts participating in road racing, track days and high-performance driving schools. The Proxes R888’s advancements in casing and tread design improve dry performance while maintaining wet traction and control.

While Proxes R888 radials meet DOT requirements, they are not appropriate for highway use. Proxes R888 radials are not recommended for driving in wet conditions when shaved or worn where standing water is present and there is the risk of hydroplaning; drivers should drive cautiously at reduced speeds if they encounter these conditions. And like all Track & Competition DOT tires, Proxes R888 radials are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. It’s also essential these tires be stored indoors at temperatures maintained above 15 degrees F.

Proxes R888 tires feature an enhanced R-Compound Tread that maximizes grip for better competitive handling and performance. This compound is molded into a directional V-shaped tread design featuring increased tread area and limited void to improve dry traction while the V-shaped grooves assist with wet traction. Semi-slick shoulder areas improve grip for better steering response while a continuous center contact increases braking performance and dry traction.

The tire’s internal structure features an advanced competition modified radial construction for driving hard through the corners and accelerating quickly onto the straight-aways.

Toyo Tires recommends the following general set-up guidelines for the Proxes R888:

* Operating Temperature: 160°F to 220°F
* Hot Inflation Pressures: 32 to 38 (psi)
* Camber: -2.5° to -5.0°
* Caster: As much positive as possible

Proxes RA1

The Proxes RA1 is Toyo’s Track & Competition DOT tire developed for drivers looking for street-legal circuit tires that combine consistency, durability and competitive times. Proxes RA1 tires are designed to provide an uncommon advantage to cost-conscious competitors who demand quick lap times and long tire life from their racing tires.

While Proxes RA1 radials meet DOT requirements, they are not appropriate for highway use. Proxes RA1 radials are not recommended for driving in wet conditions when shaved or worn where standing water is present and there is the risk of hydroplaning; drivers should drive cautiously at reduced speeds if they encounter these conditions. And like all Track & Competition DOT tires, Proxes RA1 radials are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. It’s also essential these tires be stored indoors at temperatures maintained above 15 degrees F.

Proxes RA1 tires feature a soft but durable R-Compound that is tolerant to repeated heat cycles. This compound is molded into a symmetric stepped tread design that delivers competitive handling and performance. When new with 8/32” of tread depth, the tire features an independent tread block and groove arrangement that emphasizes wet traction. Shaving to reduced tread depths increases direct contact with the track to improve dry traction. Dry traction is enhanced at 6/32”, lateral grooves disappear at about 4/32” and only two central circumferential grooves remain when worn to 3/32” to deliver the best dry traction.

The tire’s internal structure features an advanced competition modified radial construction for driving hard through the corners and accelerating quickly onto the straight-aways.

Toyo Tires recommends the following general set-up guidelines for the Proxes RA1:

* Operating Temperature: 160°F to 220°F
* Hot Inflation Pressures: High 30s to Low 40s (psi)
* Camber: -2.5° to -5.0°
* Caster: As much positive as possible

TEAM TOYO Contingency Programs

Toyo Tire Limited is proud to support racers who win on Toyo Tires! They offer a variety of contingency programs, including cash payouts and Toyo Bucks, with many of the country's top racing organizations. Each contingency program is unique so visit your sanctioning body's web site for complete details.

Tire shaving and heat cycling services are available in our South Bend, Indiana and McCarran, Nevada facilities if needed.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,802 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

I have to say....

IT'S ABOUT FRICKEN TIME!

jas
Old 04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

nothing for C6Z06 in a Toyo...
Old 04-06-2012, 04:22 PM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by pewter99
nothing for C6Z06 in a Toyo...
For racing / track days, a lot of people are running the R888 on their C6Z. They run 18's all the way around. Probably not what you are looking for though.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:41 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by doje
For racing / track days, a lot of people are running the R888 on their C6Z. They run 18's all the way around. Probably not what you are looking for though.
yep...and nope
Old 04-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Luke awesome news as I'm interested in trying out some R888's! I do however have one question and that is in regards to the traction control system on my C6 Z06. With 18's all around will I run into and TC issues running a 295/30/18 front and 335/30/18 rear tire configuration? Or should I run a 285/30/18 front? Just trying to keep the correct F/R split (which nobody seems to be able to tell me what that is lol) so that I do not run into any TC issues. Appreciate your help with this!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:45 AM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Werks
Luke awesome news as I'm interested in trying out some R888's! I do however have one question and that is in regards to the traction control system on my C6 Z06. With 18's all around will I run into and TC issues running a 295/30/18 front and 335/30/18 rear tire configuration? Or should I run a 285/30/18 front? Just trying to keep the correct F/R split (which nobody seems to be able to tell me what that is lol) so that I do not run into any TC issues. Appreciate your help with this!

You're running race tires. Turn the TC off.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by doje
You're running race tires. Turn the TC off.
Lol, I know just want to see if it will work with TC (for use in Comp Mode) for the first lap or two while getting the tires up to temp then nannies off. Also with the 12's Z07's and ZR1's coming with PTM people are going to need to start paying more attention to maintaining the correct ratio with their tires.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
g-townmach
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No T1R's??
Old 04-10-2012, 11:26 AM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by g-townmach
No T1R's??
discontinued by Toyo
Old 04-10-2012, 11:53 AM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Lol, I know just want to see if it will work with TC (for use in Comp Mode) for the first lap or two while getting the tires up to temp then nannies off. Also with the 12's Z07's and ZR1's coming with PTM people are going to need to start paying more attention to maintaining the correct ratio with their tires.

On the C5, comp mode turns off TC but leaves AH on. This means tire ratio doesn't matter (only matters when TC on). Is this different on the C6Z?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:15 PM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

the split needs to be 1" and running 18's on all four corners leads to .5" less sidewall on the front tire. That means different sidewall deflection rates front to rear which is not really desirable
Old 04-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 207 Posts

Luke,

Do you have Toyo or Pirelli in size 345/25 R20 available in stock?

Thanks in advance!

Tuomas
Old 04-19-2012, 10:07 AM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by Tuomas FIN
Luke,

Do you have Toyo or Pirelli in size 345/25 R20 available in stock?

Thanks in advance!

Tuomas
The Pirelli P-Zero Rosso is in stock at this time
Old 04-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
The Pirelli P-Zero Rosso is in stock at this time
On your website read estimated availability back order..

Get notified of new replies

To Announcement ... Tire Rack has become an Official Toyo Tires Motorsports Dealer

Quick Reply: Announcement ... Tire Rack has become an Official Toyo Tires Motorsports Dealer