Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of Forgestar

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:56 PM
kinyu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Forgestar

Not sure if people in these parts are interested in Forgestar rims, but I've been following this guy's story for some time and it's very disappointing to see a vendor treat a customer so poorly. I've honestly rarely heard stories of vendors acting this poorly.

Entire story here:
http://www.the370z.com/wheels-tires/...nal-story.html
Old 10-10-2009, 08:13 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,352 Likes on 1,102 Posts

So far, 114 people have viewed this post. Anyone seem to notice that there's a "Vince" mentioned as the prime player in this fiasco? Does that ring a bell with anyone??
Old 10-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Dream Tire
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats too bad...

Being in the business myself I can understand the frustration of the client and the seller.

With custom wheels. They all done by hand (paint wise). We are all people who have the right to make mistakes. Its like having a Mercedes and taking it to the dealer. Yes it is Mercedes, but so what if the you have a co-op kid doing your oil change?

I believe that is it unprofessional of them to do so many errors as they did. You pay so much for some of these wheels for a reason. You expect them to be built by God. A flawless set. Thats why you pay 1500 - 5000 per wheel.

I had a guy spend $13000 on a custom built and painted set of HREs. Estimated delievery time was 2 months. Got them at 5. Was not my fault. Im the middle guy. There is nothing I can do to speed up this process.

Mind you, when we opened the boxes, it was worth the 5 month wait.

You cant base one negative experience and refuse to do business with a company. Everyone has the right to error. Now, if he treated everyone like this, chances are he would be closed out. Im sure that ForgeStar built alot of wheels that people are extremely happy with and would consider purchasing more sets from them.

I do feel bad for the consumer in this post. And I really do know that it can be nerve breaking.

Hope everything works out for him in the end.

Rod

Get notified of new replies

To Beware of Forgestar

Quick Reply: Beware of Forgestar