Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware AC DELCO Lifetime warranty not honored

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 12:06 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 429 Likes on 319 Posts

Default Beware AC DELCO Lifetime warranty not honored

I wanted to give all of you all a heads up about the denial by AC Delco of a lifetime warranty on my deflective rear shocks on my C2. I have my original paperwork and proof of original purchase and repurchased the shocks from another dealer as their website directs and was expecting customer support to process my claim. Their head of customer service basically told me that they don't honor any warranty claims directly and that I need to go back to the dealer I purchased them from and that I am out of luck if they are no longer in business. Apparently not only does AC Delco not make parts since the 80's (I knew that) they also don't even handle warranty claims on their re-boxed foreign stuff either. So don't believe what is written on their website as you get NO warranty from them. I don't know how they can print a warranty that is lifetime when they won't process claims. LOUSY COMPANY NOW.

Directly from AC Delco .com website:

How can I get my warranty reimbursed if the retailer/location/online retailer I purchased my part (e.g., battery) from is no longer open?
First, verify your part is within the warranty period using your purchaser’s receipt. View all parts warranty information here.
You will then need to purchase a replacement part and contact the Customer Support Center via the contact options below for further assistance. Ensure you have receipts available for both the original purchase and the replacement on hand for the claim. If approved, the reimbursement will cover the lower cost of the two parts. Purchase a replacement part here.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:01 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

I'm going to escalate this to GM customer service which is the parent company of AC Delco. Crazy that they won't honor the printed warranty and give you double talk when you have all your paper work and followed their claim instructions. I'll update this in the future............
Old 01-29-2023, 08:13 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilot Dan
I'm going to escalate this to GM customer service which is the parent company of AC Delco. Crazy that they won't honor the printed warranty and give you double talk when you have all your paper work and followed their claim instructions. I'll update this in the future............
Old 01-29-2023, 09:30 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

If approved, the reimbursement will cover the lower cost of the two parts. Purchase a replacement part here.
operative word here is... if.
sad business anymore.. best of luck to the op
Old 03-03-2023, 11:48 AM
redzg
Melting Slicks

Received 666 Likes on 534 Posts

Since there has been no update, I’m guessing satisfaction has not been achieved.
Old 07-12-2023, 02:06 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by redzg
Since there has been no update, I’m guessing satisfaction has not been achieved.
You are correct, after many phone calls and wasted time they all passed the buck and sent me back to the Parts division who would do nothing. Lessen learned, will never buy a Delco warranted product again ( Sadly, it's just an empty name now and a re-boxed part), those shocks I understand are made by Monroe now and they did make good on one years ago through Auto Zone no problem easy exchange.
Old 09-06-2023, 02:44 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

TTT one more time in case anyone missed it.
Old 02-23-2024, 07:14 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Default Warranty Denied AGAIN ON ANOTHER SET !!

Another set of Delco shocks and again warranty denied! this time while working on a fixing front springs and came to discover no rebound on left front shock. Gas was gone.............this is ABSOLUTELY a failure and again they say you must go through the purchaser even though they are no longer in business and this is a Delco GENERAL COMPANY WARRANTY they offer nothing!!!. Buyer beware we had all the paperwork and customer service (if you could call it that) denied it.
Old 02-23-2024, 07:18 PM
The Former
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 175 Posts

Everything is a scam now. Everything. From the milk at the store to a home to insurance to automobiles. All a scam.

Get notified of new replies

To Beware AC DELCO Lifetime warranty not honored