Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Do not order from vq carbon customs!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 04:04 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,112 Likes on 1,940 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '21-'22
Default Do not order from vq carbon customs!

Like the title says, DO NOT order from VQ Carbon Customs (VQCarbonCustoms.com) I was in the market for a nice aftermarket steering wheel. VQ Carbon Customs has a very nice website, and their products appear to be top notch. Before ordering, I contacted them, and their customer service seemed awesome. They responded to all my communications within a few hours, and were happy to answer all of the questions that I had. Because of this, I decided to go ahead and place a $900.00 order for a custom carbon fiber wheel. Their website states that orders take 6-8 weeks to be completed. I specifically asked how long my order would take. I was told in writing that it would be 8 weeks. I was fine with this, and made payment of $900.00 in full on 4/2/2021, and received an order confirmation. Eight weeks went by, and I didn't hear anything from them. I wrote several emails, and sent several Facebook messages, but received no response. Now that they have my money, it's like I don't exist. I also attempted to call several times with no response. Finally, on 6/24/2021 they answered the phone. The guy seemed really annoyed to have to talk to me. He said that he was having supply issues, and that he had a big backlog of 50 orders. However, he said mine would be in the next 10 orders made, and that it would be ready in another 2 weeks. That was over 3 weeks ago. I have heard nothing back. I have made over a dozen attempts to call them over the last few days. I've called at different times, and let the phone ring until it disconnects. There is no voicemail, and no answer. This Friday (7/23/21) will mark 16 weeks since I placed my order. I sent an email earlier today stating that if I don't hear back by then that I will file a dispute with my credit card company, and file a complaint with the better business bureau. I am very understanding of delays. I have been very patient. However, no supply issue can excuse their total lack of communication or customer support. There are lots of other options out there for carbon fiber steering wheels. Don't make the same mistake that I did.
Old 07-22-2021, 12:15 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Agree with you on this no reason at all not to get back with you. Robert
Old 07-22-2021, 04:51 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '21-'22

I did finally get in touch with them. They 100% guarantee they'll have it done in 4 weeks. If not, they have agreed to a full refund. I will update on the result.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:54 PM
Blackbird313
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are shady dont return calls or emails
Old 08-19-2021, 01:35 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '21-'22

Okay, I have an update on this. My wheel is finished, and has shipped. The tracking # says it will arrive this Saturday (8/21/21). If all goes well, I'll get the wheel that I wanted. However, it will have taken 5 months instead of 8 weeks. I actually would have been okay with that timeframe if they had been up front about it. Of note, if any of you do decide to order from them, the best way is directly through their website. You can leave a message and they might actually get back to you that way. I'll post my impressions of the actual product once it arrives.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:53 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Glad to see you have a tracking # and getting it.. Robert
Old 08-20-2021, 11:55 AM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,106 Likes on 1,078 Posts

Originally Posted by MWWarlord
Okay, I have an update on this. My wheel is finished, and has shipped. The tracking # says it will arrive this Saturday (8/21/21). If all goes well, I'll get the wheel that I wanted. However, it will have taken 5 months instead of 8 weeks. I actually would have been okay with that timeframe if they had been up front about it. Of note, if any of you do decide to order from them, the best way is directly through their website. You can leave a message and they might actually get back to you that way. I'll post my impressions of the actual product once it arrives.

Post pics of what comes out of the box.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:52 AM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '21-'22

Update: I did get the wheel that I ordered. I am actually VERY happy with the quality. Customer service was poor, and it took 5 months instead of 8 weeks, but I got what I ordered.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:27 PM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,106 Likes on 1,078 Posts

Update: I did get the wheel that I ordered. I am actually VERY happy with the quality. Customer service was poor, and it took 5 months instead of 8 weeks, but I got what I ordered.

If you are satisfied, that's all which now matters.
Old 08-26-2021, 02:34 PM
Blackbird313
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow 5 mths so it's safe to say buyer beware.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:44 PM
Gary04Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that the dry carbon fiber?
Old 09-14-2021, 06:10 PM
bc6152
Drifting

Received 450 Likes on 272 Posts

That wheel looks VERY NICE... Makes me think about getting one too...
Old 09-15-2021, 01:18 AM
Jmtz713
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible customer service from vqcarbon customs aswell

I had a pretty bad experience dealing with them as well. The guy is an extreme ******* has the worst customer service skills ever. First before I got my steering wheel for my c8 I wanted to see if there was any instructions or videos to help out with the installation. When I asked it seemed like he was bothered and at the end just said no. There's a few on YouTube that I found he could have just said hey check these out they're very similar hope they help or something like that. Then when I got my carbon fiber steering wheel I tried installing it and it wouldn't fit come to find out they did not finish the assembly all the wires where not in place how they should have been and I literally had to take it off again and put my old steering wheel back on. So now I'm pissed it's an unfinished product nor like in the pictures or item description. So I contact him (David giusti) upset that I wasted my time and he just replies for me to fix it myself and lol. I literally had to disassemble the entire steering wheel to route the wire the proper way which was a long process. Why didn't it come as pictured? At the end I was happy with the product but man that guys sucks big time. I'm a business owner myself I can not see how someone can treat their customers with such manners. Update now the leather is coming off from the back. I went to his Instagram and posted comments of how horrible his customer service is and I got blocked lol

Last edited by Jmtz713; 09-15-2021 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Misspelled some things
Old 09-15-2021, 09:36 AM
Gary04Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmtz713
I had a pretty bad experience dealing with them as well. The guy is an extreme ******* has the worst customer service skills ever. First before I got my steering wheel for my c8 I wanted to see if there was any instructions or videos to help out with the installation. When I asked it seemed like he was bothered and at the end just said no. There's a few on YouTube that I found he could have just said hey check these out they're very similar hope they help or something like that. Then when I got my carbon fiber steering wheel I tried installing it and it wouldn't fit come to find out they did not finish the assembly all the wires where not in place how they should have been and I literally had to take it off again and put my old steering wheel back on. So now I'm pissed it's an unfinished product nor like in the pictures or item description. So I contact him (David giusti) upset that I wasted my time and he just replies for me to fix it myself and lol. I literally had to disassemble the entire steering wheel to route the wire the proper way which was a long process. Why didn't it come as pictured? At the end I was happy with the product but man that guys sucks big time. I'm a business owner myself I can not see how someone can treat their customers with such manners. Update now the leather is coming off from the back. I went to his Instagram and posted comments of how horrible his customer service is and I got blocked lol
Wow, that sucks, I won't be ordering from them.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:58 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Do not order from vq carbon customs!

Quick Reply: Do not order from vq carbon customs!