Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

supervettes.com anyone ordered from them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 06:34 PM
Jamie Lennartson
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Default supervettes.com anyone ordered from them?

Thinking about placing an order with then fir about 6k...
Would like to hear some feedback before I send a company that much money.

So any feedback ordering from supervettes.com?

Thanks
Old 06-22-2021, 06:52 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,847 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Supervettes is a long time forum vendor, and the people who have done business by them swear by them as well. Fitment is spot on without the need to do any modifications. I highly recommend them based on the many positive reviews I've seen over the years. They're who I would go to myself if/when I decide to go widebody.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:59 PM
Jamie Lennartson
Drifting

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Supervettes is a long time forum vendor, and the people who have done business by them swear by them as well. Fitment is spot on without the need to do any modifications. I highly recommend them based on the many positive reviews I've seen over the years. They're who I would go to myself if/when I decide to go widebody.
They are no longer a vendor. And their last 5-6 reviews look like this.
So its giving me some pause for caution.

Old 06-22-2021, 07:01 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,847 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie Lennartson
They are no longer a vendor. And their last 5-6 reviews look like this.
So its giving me some pause for caution.
This is the first I've ever heard of anyone having complaints with them. If they're no longer a vendor, that says a lot. I'd look elsewhere instead of taking a chance. Their stuff isn't cheap.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:20 PM
Jamie Lennartson
Drifting

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
This is the first I've ever heard of anyone having complaints with them. If they're no longer a vendor, that says a lot. I'd look elsewhere instead of taking a chance. Their stuff isn't cheap.
Think he told me not to get corvette forum political.
But another vendor copied his designs, he sued them and won, and CF didn't defend him.
So he quit being a vendor.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:27 PM
gdmoore01
Burning Brakes

Received 554 Likes on 384 Posts

Hard to measure vendors now due to supply-chain problems brought on by the COVID pandemic. Prices are up everywhere and shortages of stock are a common complaint for just about everything. Purchase & be first in line when they restart product shipments or wait longer as the limited supplies will be sent to those patient folks that understood the problems and still supported their vendors. Also, you can bet that as stock starts back up, it won't be cheaper. Just be sure that you purchase with a credit card, as vendors are limited by law to only charge when product actually ships.

Hope this helps.

GD
Old 06-23-2021, 12:07 PM
Sledge Hammer
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by gdmoore01
Hard to measure vendors now due to supply-chain problems brought on by the COVID pandemic. Prices are up everywhere and shortages of stock are a common complaint for just about everything. Purchase & be first in line when they restart product shipments or wait longer as the limited supplies will be sent to those patient folks that understood the problems and still supported their vendors. Also, you can bet that as stock starts back up, it won't be cheaper. Just be sure that you purchase with a credit card, as vendors are limited by law to only charge when product actually ships.

Hope this helps.

GD
Are you sure they are limited by law to not charge before the product ships? I ordered a Carbon Creations front splitter from Eckler's on 4/1/2. Followed up with them and was told they didn't have the product as it had to be made by the vendor. I waited another month and followed up again. They checked and the vendor said should ship by 6/11/21. Checked again yesterday and was told vendor now says 7/11/21. They have charged my credit card. I have asked for a refund and if not offered up I will contest with my credit card company. I understand about the shortages etc. , but don't blow smoke up my skirt and keep giving me false due dates just to hold on to my money. If I would have been told in the beginning that they have no idea when they will be able to deliver, I obviously would not have made the purchase.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:37 PM
ProCycle
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer
Are you sure they are limited by law to not charge before the product ships? I ordered a Carbon Creations front splitter from Eckler's on 4/1/2. Followed up with them and was told they didn't have the product as it had to be made by the vendor. I waited another month and followed up again. They checked and the vendor said should ship by 6/11/21. Checked again yesterday and was told vendor now says 7/11/21. They have charged my credit card. I have asked for a refund and if not offered up I will contest with my credit card company. I understand about the shortages etc. , but don't blow smoke up my skirt and keep giving me false due dates just to hold on to my money. If I would have been told in the beginning that they have no idea when they will be able to deliver, I obviously would not have made the purchase.
I deal with this on a daily basis. I own an online motorcycle accessories business. Those moving ETAs are part of the landscape these days. As a seller I can only pass on to my customers what my vendors tell me. Those vendors are basing their estimates on what their suppliers tell them. And on down the line. That isn't the same thing as having "no idea" when a thing will actually be available. The truth is that the supply chain is so screwed up that it's nearly impossible to get good availability information all the way down the line to a customer.

As far as charging a credit card, You bet we do that. That money is held as a deposit to ensure the buyer's place in line. Anybody who wants a refund can certainly have their money back but paid orders get priority when items come in. Often we will get 20 items in but have 50 outstanding orders. The oldest 20 orders get filled, the later 30 wait for the next batch. For many high demand low supply items the folks who choose to wait until there is inventory on the shelves are going to have a very long wait. Many of my suppliers won't be fully caught up until sometime late next year and maybe not even then for some items.

Last edited by ProCycle; 06-23-2021 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:41 PM
gdmoore01
Burning Brakes

Yes and sometimes the charge you see on a card is a "hold" (so that the retailer has some security to order parts), but because of this you will always win and get your money back if you do not receive the parts. According to the Federal Trade Commission, however, many credit card issuers do not allow merchants to charge your credit card before they ship.

The law:

The Fair Credit Billing Act and The federal Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Trade Regulation Rule requires stores to ship telephone, mail, fax, and Internet orders within 30 days. If the merchant promises an earlier shipment date, it must meet that deadline. If the retailer has a reasonable basis for not getting your order out on time, it must obtain your consent to the delay. And if you don't respond or consent, the merchant must issue a refund.

You should know:

The clock begins running on shipping deadlines when the seller receives a properly completed order, including any advance payments. The merchant can't add any of the days it took for your check to clear or for its bank to credit its account with your payment. And it doesn't matter whether a fulfillment house or drop shipper the merchant used to handle orders caused the delay.
Always use a credit card and if you fear loss, request a refund. You get flack, state the above.

GD

Last edited by gdmoore01; 06-23-2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:27 PM
Jamie Lennartson
Drifting

I Ended up having a friend who's parts manager at local chevrolet dealership, and is gonna wholesale the oem rears to me.

I just need all the parts numbers if anyone has them?
Old 06-23-2021, 10:17 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie Lennartson
I Ended up having a friend who's parts manager at local chevrolet dealership, and is gonna wholesale the oem rears to me.

I just need all the parts numbers if anyone has them?
If he’s the parts mgr he can find them easier than anyone
Old 06-24-2021, 09:14 AM
Sledge Hammer
Burning Brakes

Eckler's is processing a full refund.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:32 AM
gdmoore01
Burning Brakes

Good to hear, but I still stand by the position from my post #6. This past 1.5 years has really been tough on the parts suppliers and because most retailers drop-ship parts from another supplier, they do not actually stock them, rather order then when you do. But you would be first in-line when supplies do become available if you can be patient and keep your order active for the wait. Of course, there is the risk that the retailer files for bankruptcy because they are too small to survive. So choose carefully.

Hope this helps.

GD
Old 06-24-2021, 09:49 AM
Sledge Hammer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gdmoore01
Good to hear, but I still stand by the position from my post #6. This past 1.5 years has really been tough on the parts suppliers and because most retailers drop-ship parts from another supplier, they do not actually stock them, rather order then when you do. But you would be first in-line when supplies do become available if you can be patient and keep your order active for the wait. Of course, there is the risk that the retailer files for bankruptcy because they are too small to survive. So choose carefully.

Hope this helps.

GD
I totally get where you are coming from and understand the supply issues. This was more of an impulse buy for me and if the the manufacturer would have explained as you have and kept me informed it would have been different.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:33 AM
Orion2011
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 130 Posts

Supervettes BBB rating is a D+.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:59 AM
IamJon
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Orion2011
Supervettes BBB rating is a D+.
BBB is a joke, they will "sell" an A+ rating to any business who wants to pay for a BBB membership. BBB is a private corp, not a public service.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:34 PM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by IamJon
BBB is a joke, they will "sell" an A+ rating to any business who wants to pay for a BBB membership. BBB is a private corp, not a public service.
well then that begs the question of how did he get a D+...

Get notified of new replies

To supervettes.com anyone ordered from them?

Old 06-29-2021, 01:36 PM
cdm747
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 237 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I'm not sure about the legal part of it but when I had a small specialty parts business about 15 years ago the agreement from the credit card company specifically stated that I was not supposed to bill anyone until the item was shipped. Virtually no one follows this any more but I would bet if they read the fine print in their agreements they would find it says the same thing.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:45 AM
gsx1300rrr
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I ordered over $7k in bumpers/fenders/diffusers etc back in the beginning of February and was charged in full from Supervettes. Was told the kit would be here in 8-10 weeks, then it was then delayed another 4 weeks, messaged him beginning of June again and was told they are pushed back another 3 weeks (something to do with Covid and customs) so they are definitely not being made in the US. I've been trying to get in touch since the 06/21 and can't get a reply via text or phone call. Not a very great experience and a bit nerve racking with that kind of money on the line. I was expecting to have everything installed/painted by the end of May when I placed that order! The hood I bought from another vender on 04/05 came within the 4 weeks they promised.

Hoping when everything gets here it makes the wait all worth it, but the communication is definitely lacking.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:28 PM
Baboon
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered the ZR6X kit on October 7th last year and was promised the kit before 2021. It’s been excuse after bad excuse since then. Last communication Jason told me “the quarters will done in 2 days everything else is ready”. That was April 28th I haven’t gotten an answer or response from him since then. I’ll be talking to an attorney tomorrow.

Quick Reply: supervettes.com anyone ordered from them?