Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Cultrag Performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 07:08 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,994 Likes on 5,705 Posts

Many don't realize the substantial negative impact COVID has had on manufacturing and shipping. One of my son in laws works for one of the largest homebuilders in the US and they are having a hell of a time getting HVAC units, cabinets, plumbing supplies.
Think about it, a manufacturing plant has one floor employee test positive for Covid and they can lose 30-40 workers for a couple weeks dues to quarantine. Manufacturing plant employee can't work from home.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:09 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 882 Likes on 401 Posts

I purchased from them several times. No issues through the website at all. However a Cultrag Ebay experience was not so good, nor was a Carlisle purchase.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:14 PM
First Stingray
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 45 Posts

I the Z51 sway bar kit from Gene about a year and a half ago and all went well. I was going to order the Z51 shocks from him as well but for some reason he would not confirm the GM part numbers for me when I asked. It was so confusing trying to figure out the fe3 suspension parts since they have changed the part numbers so many times and I wanted to be sure what he was sending, He would not tell me what part numbers he was sending so I ordered elsewhere. The sway bar but was new and complete.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:17 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,570 Likes on 1,918 Posts

Gene and Cultrag are my go-to for all OEM parts. Multiple orders over the years and 0 issues.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:01 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,838 Likes on 2,076 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

The issue is e-bay, not Cultrag.

Elmer
Old 03-01-2021, 10:47 PM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl

Elmer
Really do you work for Cultrag? Please explain how its ebay's fault now?

Am an ebay buyer in the recent past too and did not experience any issues with other stuff.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:37 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,994 Likes on 5,705 Posts

Originally Posted by boss2k
2nd time ordered from them and having same shipping issues, when i ask a question through ebay get the same response about covid, postal delays bla bla , its the same email i got 6 months back for my 1st item

Not ordering from them again

Ordered few other items for my GS from different vendors and all of them arrived on time , so no postal delays happening now
No postal delays happening now, I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that one.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:40 AM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
No postal delays happening now, I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that one.
Yes not for all the parts i bought within the last few weeks even for the last few months, anyone giving excuses for covid is just Bsing.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:09 AM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 882 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl

Elmer
Wrong. I called Cultrag as the wrong parts were sent and was very rudely informed it's an Ebay purchase and not to call Cultrag about it...click. It was not Gene, but they have other employees/principals who have no business dealing with the public.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:21 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,838 Likes on 2,076 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Ok, I tried. Going to move this to Sponsor Feedback forum.

Elmer
Old 03-02-2021, 11:05 AM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Just got a call from dealership regarding my touch up paint code, it came within the time as promised. No shipping paid and it came by standard mail.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:43 AM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette
Wrong. I called Cultrag as the wrong parts were sent and was very rudely informed it's an Ebay purchase and not to call Cultrag about it...click. It was not Gene, but they have other employees/principals who have no business dealing with the public.
Correct called them and they told they don't handle ebay purchases and i need to contact ebay for my issue, pathetic service. There is no news of my item and as per usps tracking there is no update from Feb 22nd, I am pretty much stuck
Old 03-22-2021, 08:22 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I ordered a driver side sun visor for my c6 from cultrag off eBay on feb. 16th. They charged my card right away and created a shipping label and it now sits at USPS awaiting package. When I contact them asking about the item status all they tell me is that they haven’t seen it yet. I also ordered the driver side sun visor from them off eBay at a later date and am in the same situation. I have requested a refund on the driver side and will do the same on the passenger side tomorrow. I’m not impressed with this vendor at all.

-Justin
Old 03-29-2021, 12:45 AM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

I have ordered from Cultrag several times with no issue. However the last time was a year ago so maybe things have changed.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:16 AM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Crosis
I have ordered from Cultrag several times with no issue. However the last time was a year ago so maybe things have changed.
The issue is buying from eBay with cultrag as the seller, buying from their website may not be an issue
Old 03-30-2021, 09:29 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Can t think i would ever deal with Cultrag. Have talked to Gene in the past, just rude, like he is doing you a favor answering the phone.
Emailed them past friday looking for a part, I knew there would be no response, but would expect one monday, nothing. Called Gene, no call back
called Patrick, no call back, called Gene in the afternoon, NO call back. I am certainly glad i did not order something from these clowns.
Poor customer service is being kind to them.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:20 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,789 Likes on 3,050 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Sorry to hear of your issues with Cultrag, I have dealt with them in the past with no issues

Get notified of new replies

To Cultrag Performance

Old 03-30-2021, 11:55 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by 449er
Sorry to hear of your issues with Cultrag, I have dealt with them in the past with no issues
not sure why they post things available on their site. when they definitely don t have them..
oh well.. i won t have to worry if they ever do respond, which i m thinking won t happen.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:10 PM
justplainjim
Drifting

Received 367 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by boss2k
The issue is buying from eBay with cultrag as the seller, buying from their website may not be an issue
I ordered a nose bra for my '19 GS through their site. When it was delivered the box was not sealed. There was no hardware or installation instructions. I called Cultrag and halfway through my sentence Gene rudely cut me off and said if I ordered it on Ebay to deal with them..When I explained I ordered from his site he said he would send the hardware. The nose bra was folded in the unsecured box with nothing indicating it fit my car. I said I would be sending it back for a refund and requested a Return Authorization Number. Gene rudely replied just send it back you don't need a RAN. When I reminded him his site stated no returns would be accepted without one he snapped, I'm the boss just send it back. I sent it back and tracked the shipment. About a week after delivery I emailed about my refund...no reply. I contacted PayPal and stared a dispute. Apparently he didn't respond to them either because I had to wait the maximum days before PP refunded my money. Total jerk. Would never do business with him again..
Old 03-31-2021, 06:54 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Don’t do business with Cultag no customer service!! They have hung up on when asking a question. I guess they didn’t like my question. Nice way to treat paying customers. Buyer Beware!!

Quick Reply: Cultrag Performance