Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Worthless Signature Deity Wheel Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Tex Vette
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Worthless Signature Deity Wheel Review

I bought a set of Signature Deity wheels, 2018 GS after having 2 OEM wheels crack. I had read they were some of the best. I bought a set of SV201 wheels which I think are really sweet. Appears to be a bad design. Well, I took my car to the best wheel guy in my area, Straight Wheels, Schertz, Texas and was told all 4 wheels were warped beyond repair. I baby my car. I have not hit any pot holes or curbs. Tires look totally like new. I called Signature Deity without a call back. I emailed Signature Deity without a return email. It appears they have no interest in talking with a customer who has spent $6000 on their wheels. Maybe a bad review will get their attention.

I have had 2 cracked wheels. These Deity Signature forged wheels in brushed black will be on this week.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:53 PM
EBvette02
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 36 Posts

Awww man, these were the Wheel Manufacturers that i was going to go with if my 2019 GS wheels ever bent.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-19-2020, 05:31 PM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,182 Posts
Winner 2020 C7 of the Year - Modified

Originally Posted by Tex Vette
I bought a set of Signature Deity wheels, 2018 GS after having 2 OEM wheels crack. I had read they were some of the best. I bought a set of SV201 wheels which I think are really sweet. Appears to be a bad design. Well, I took my car to the best wheel guy in my area, Straight Wheels, Schertz, Texas and was told all 4 wheels were warped beyond repair. I baby my car. I have not hit any pot holes or curbs. Tires look totally like new. I called Signature Deity without a call back. I emailed Signature Deity without a return email. It appears they have no interest in talking with a customer who has spent $6000 on their wheels. Maybe a bad review will get their attention.

I have had 2 cracked wheels. These Deity Signature forged wheels in brushed black will be on this week.
I'm a little bit confused here and am hoping you can straighten me out on this. Have you had these Signature Deity wheels on your car for a while and were merely swapping tires out or are these brand spankin' new wheels and you were just getting tires put on?? Also, your very last sentence under the picture of your wheels says that they will be on your car this week. Why would you put on wheels that your tire guy said were warped beyond repair?
Old 12-19-2020, 05:44 PM
Rky Mtn C6
Le Mans Master

Received 893 Likes on 378 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C7 of the Year Finalist -- Modified

Whenever I have an issue and contact a company, I give them 72 hours to respond. If no response, then I dispute the charge on my credit card.
Old 12-19-2020, 05:50 PM
Vette Ski
Melting Slicks

Received 1,076 Likes on 694 Posts

FX,
Maybe this was the pic. when he first purchased the wheels. Then he had the issues after he mounted the tires and put them on the car?
Rich
Old 12-19-2020, 05:52 PM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Vette Ski
FX,
Maybe this was the pic. when he first purchased the wheels. Then he had the issues after he mounted the tires and put them on the car?
Rich
That could be right. All I know is that if I dropped $6K on a set of wheels and were told they were junk and if I didn't hear from the wheel dealer in a reasonable amount of time, I would be at their front door. Good luck OP.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:29 PM
Tex Vette
Instructor

The caption under the pic of the wheels was when I ordered the originally. Sorry for the confusion. My bad totally.
‘it has been a week since calling and emailing Signature.
I had a wabble and took the car in to check the wheels to see if they were true or needed to be tried. All warped beyond repair was the response.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:30 PM
Tex Vette
Instructor

Correct. See reply on post above.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:30 PM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

The caption under the pic of the wheels was when I ordered the originally. Sorry for the confusion. My bad totally.
‘it has been a week since calling and emailing Signature.
I had a wabble and took the car in to check the wheels to see if they were true or needed to be tried. All warped beyond repair was the response.
Thanks for clearing that up. I can understand your frustration. I would be blowing up their main phone line come Monday. Good luck.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:34 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 890 Likes on 578 Posts

I guess it's hard to know at this point whether your 3 year structural warranty is going to do you any good. I'd send them a registered return receipt letter.
Old 12-19-2020, 07:04 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 939 Likes on 603 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I have the SAME Signature SV701 Wheels ......on my 2012 Grand Sport and have had ZERO issues.

I had them mounted using a HUNTER 3700 Pedestal Style machine
and then Road Force Balanced with NO problems

Khoa Ng (owns DIETY) is the Corvette Signature Rep.....I will try to call him now
(Saturday afternoon)

Old 12-19-2020, 07:16 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 939 Likes on 603 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

This BAD MOUTHING of SIGNATURE Wheels Must Stop

Post #1 Shows Black SV701 Monoblock Wheels https://www.signaturewheel.com/product-page/sv701
which show a MSRP of $5000 for 19" sets and $5500 for 20" Sets

I'm certain KHOA would sell a combo set of 19/20" 701's for under $4K

Ive called and texted KHOA...and hopefully he will respond soon

Anyone wanting MY opinions or ask questions call me at 253-263-5190

Chuck S Auburn,WA
Old 12-19-2020, 09:24 PM
0Competition.Carbon
Former Vendor

Received 345 Likes on 220 Posts

Melvin, you have my direct cell number. We have chat and texted countless time. I just found out about this thread after my customer alerted me.

I will call you directly on Monday to set this straight.

Let me clear this story.

wheels were originally purchased in Sept 2019. We’re fine until Melvin hit some big potholes on the freeway in July 2020 of this year.

He called and texted me saying he knew it’s not the wheels fault. It’s the road condition.

I offered to replace two wheels below my cost at the time.

Now I see that he stated they were bent from normal driving condition.

No wheels are perfect. Forged wheels are just much more durable than stock.

Company sold 200 sets of SV701, 40+ sets for Corvette market alone. Never any bent issues so it’s not a bad design.

Stock run flat are horrible and eventually will cause damages if road condition is not good enough. I have personal stories from customers with pictures of another very famous “F......” brand that cracked in multiple places and wheels from driving with run. Road condition plays a big role. Small potholes may not seemed much to us but will put enough stress on the wheels eventually.

With that said, I’ll call Melvin Monday to discuss.

almost 1000 sets sold to Corvette and you can all see my reputation on there. It is spotless.

Khoa

Old 12-21-2020, 03:01 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

As the vendor has responded, this Transaction Feedback will be closed for now, per TF section rules. This will eliminate further posting by third parties.

If the OP or the Vendor has information regarding further disposition or developments in this Transaction Feedback report, please contact me and I will add that information to the thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Worthless Signature Deity Wheel Review

Quick Reply: Worthless Signature Deity Wheel Review