Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Corvette America Website

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 08:34 AM
The Punisher
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 141 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default Corvette America Website

Tried going to there website and it takes me to some place called Top Flight Automotive
Old 02-25-2020, 08:37 AM
gguillot
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

I got an email from them that they were merging/changing the name or something along those lines.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:42 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

I know they were acquired by CID Capital last year. I wonder if CA was renamed or sold again?
Old 02-25-2020, 09:00 AM
kansas123
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 280 Posts

Top Flight Automotive is part of the Extra Mile Brands family of companies. We now offer all your favorites under one wing. We have combined our online offering from Corvette America, Mustang America, Mr. Mustang, Classic Fit Covers and Classic Car Dashes into a one-stop shop for automotive enthusiasts worldwide!
Old 02-25-2020, 10:36 AM
The Punisher
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 141 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Well I have to say The Top Flight Website blows
Old 02-25-2020, 01:54 PM
Mark G
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 339 Posts

Top Flight Automotive is part of the Extra Mile Brands family of companies. We now offer all your favorites under one wing. We have combined our online offering from Corvette America, Mustang America, Mr. Mustang, Classic Fit Covers and Classic Car Dashes into a one-stop shop for automotive enthusiasts worldwide!
Oh boy.

Thanks guys for letting me know. I actually had a bunch of stuff in the CA shopping cart I was planning on ordering. Now I have to figure it out and who to order it from. Looks like they're trying to grow and compete with some of the larger classic car parts outfits. I hope the merger works. I wonder how many larger classic car parts sellers the market can take? I imagine the overall market is tight with so many sellers and the other sources like ebay, Amazon, Rock Auto, etc.

Seems to me the usual path a company takes after it's bought out is it goes south a little initially, then more and more later on as the parent company continues to cut staff, combine tech support, combine warehousing, hire a bunch of young low-paid workers who don't know the product, grow management-heavy, spin-off in-house manufacturing they're not interested in doing. OTOH, size allows companies to invest and contract out with manufacturers and produce parts wich might not be available at this time, but I guess it depends on what they commit to. I'll stand on the fence and see how things shape up I guess before passing judgement, but my initial reaction is it point out the importance of helping out the smaller sellers or they may not be around someday.

Last edited by Mark G; 02-25-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:43 PM
Tjf2000
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Very hard to navigate. It use to be very easy to find stuff, not anymore

Last edited by Tjf2000; 02-25-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:23 PM
Bikespace
Le Mans Master

Received 3,166 Likes on 2,350 Posts

They make great interior pieces. You can order their reproductions from Zip, Willcox, or other places with better websites. I hope their manufacturing doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:24 PM
4corvettes
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree that this new website is garbage. 20 minutes on it and I still have not found a single part I have tried to look up. I was in their showroom the other day and the employee did not say anything about it. I hope they get negative feedback. I will call them and complain.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:53 PM
Inca32x
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New CA Website Sucks

I tried using the new website and found myself having to go through pages just to get to corvette items. Then picked corvette parts from a list of their other business ( could care less about Mustang, etc.). Then I searched for a part and ended up with some Ford parts in my corvette search.
through up my hands and sent them an email outlining my frustration with the new website, they replied and said I would really like it once I got use to it. I placed my my next orders with competitors and was very satisfied. Told them they lost a long term customer.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:06 PM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 844 Likes on 660 Posts

Thanks for heads up on this.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:16 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 260 Likes on 211 Posts

OK, just tried the web site. I agree, one of the worst out there. If CA still sends me a paper catalog, I'll use the site because I can look it up in the catalog then just search by part number. I find ZIP to be about the easiest.

Old 02-26-2020, 01:35 PM
bikesnbroadheads
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

i agree also the new website is not that good to navigate. i try to buy from CA because they are local to me and provide jobs for an area that jobs are needed. one thing i did not like ordering online from CA is you never knew if the part you ordered was in stock.i learned the best way was to call the order in so they would let you know if the parts are in stock or not. maybe the new website will tell you if the parts are in stock. got an email from topflight about discount levels you can get pending on how much you spent at CA in the past.looks like parts prices are the same or less from other vendors even with top flights discount! hope they dont close up the operation in reedsville but time will tell.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:33 PM
fastimes
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 464 Likes on 230 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19-'20-'21-'22

Hate the new website.
The old CA was so much better. Even though they merged divisions, they should have left the CA site as a stand alone.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:26 PM
CMD1
Advanced
Pro Mechanic

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree, spent thousands with Corvette America in the past 3 years at my small shop, now my commercial account is no longer able to be logged into, sales tax ID is longer valid, and the site navigation is just plan irritating.
Emailed about my business account status, and no replay after 3 days ....tells me all I need to know..
Guess I'm going to be using Corvette Central, Wilcox, and Doc Rebuild.like I always did in the beginning of my Corvette projects.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:59 PM
Mark G
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 339 Posts

Thats stupid. They just did the competition a huge favor. Someone didn't think this out too well. You'd think they would want to warn good customers of an upcoming change. That tells you something about their planning/management. It's a lot cheaper to keep customers than entice new ones. I had a several hundred dollar order in my 'cart' that was wiped. I wonder if they will eventually have a catalog?
Old 02-28-2020, 11:00 PM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 445 Posts

Default Agree, I sent them a note

Originally Posted by Tjf2000
Very hard to navigate. It use to be very easy to find stuff, not anymore
Agree, I sent them a note, glad to know it is not just me.

The general "seach" function was obviously designed by someone who has never looked for Corvette parts.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette America Website

Old 02-28-2020, 11:57 PM
Bikespace
Le Mans Master

Received 3,166 Likes on 2,350 Posts

The AC Delco website references many of the parts for our cars. You can then use RockAuto to look up the original GM part number.

So let's try an experiment with parts I've bought and installed recently (on my 80, may be different for other C3s).

Let's start with a unique Corvette part, an AC Delco water pump, part number 252-585.
RockAuto shows me it is also GM Part 88926099, and is $35- (plus shipping)
Amazon confirms the part number, and the reviews imply that it will fit a C3 Corvette, $45- (plus free shipping for Prime members)
I also get hits at GMPartsDirect and Summit Racing.
Searching on the new TopFlightAutomotive site: No Matches with either part number. Their own water pump is $51-, and has numbers on the casting not present on the Delco pump.

Okay, they don't need to resell Delco parts, especially when they make or contract to make their own, and the numbers may NCRS relevant, I dunno.

How about a water neck? Delco doesn't make that part anymore, so I use an aluminum water neck that deletes the vacuum switches, Made in USA, GM Part 10108470
Jegs, $5.43
RockAuto, No Matches
Amazon lists the Jegs price, but can't sell it to me right now.
Both Summit and GMPartsDirect have it for $4.93
TopFlightAutomotive.com, $11.99

Finally, a front wheel bearing seal. Delco doesn't make these, but Timken does, part number 9406S
RockAuto, $6.15, and shows relevant GM part numbers
Amazon, Summit, even Motion Industries (not the same Motion), and others, all about $10
TopFlightAutomotive only sells the "Auto Accessories of America" brand (Corvette America's in-house brand), for $8-
Unfortunately, this looks suspiciously like the RockAuto budget offering from WJB, priced there at $0.59 (not a typo, literally 1/10th the lowest Timken price). At any rate, it isn't green like the Timken seal.

So good job TopFlightAutomotive! Not only do I have to look up my own part numbers, or enter a verbose description, to use your site, I can save money by shopping elsewhere!

I really hope they get their act together. The CA seats in my 79 (bought by the PO) are phenomenal. All of the other interior items that I've bought from them are great as well. It would be a shame to lose that capability.

Last edited by Bikespace; 02-29-2020 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:39 AM
Pzark
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts

They are having problems with their online catalogue so call them to order as a lot of parts are not showing up online.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:40 PM
Top Flight Automotive
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 93 Likes on 36 Posts

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns. We can assure you that Corvette America has not been sold again—we are still the same people doing the same quality work here in Reedsville, PA. To explain further, Corvette America has been our manufacturing brand since 1977. All Corvette America products are now available on Top Flight Automotive for retail customers and at Auto Accessories of America for wholesale customers as it has been for over 40 Years.

We started to make customers aware of the upcoming changes at Corvettes at Carlisle in August of 2019 and also included information in our weekly emails and at the top of our old website. We did have to do some updates to our website because it hadn’t changed in 20 years! We decided to get in front of any problems that might arise due to computer software getting more advanced than the website could handle. Since we were planning to make the website change, it made sense for us to consolidate all of our websites (Corvette America, Mustang America, Classic Car Dashes, and Classic Fit Covers) into one. Customers now have the convenience of one stop shopping, rather than bouncing from one site to the other.

This new website has been a learning experience for all of us. But, thanks to the feedback that we have received from the Corvette community, we have made many improvements to make it easier to search for items. The biggest change being that you can lock in your year, make, and model at the top of the page and it will keep that information for your searches until you change it! Plus, you can narrow things down more by using the filters on the left side of the screen. And you can always call us for assistance or email us at service@topflightautomovive.com. (Wholesale customers can also call or email us at service@AAAdirect.com .)

We appreciate your concern and feedback and thank you for the loyalty that you’ve shown Corvette America for the last 40+ years!

Quick Reply: Corvette America Website