Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Anyone Bought from G3 Carbon?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 07:27 PM
Amol
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anyone Bought from G3 Carbon?

I ordered a CF side skirts on Dec 22. It was supposed to be mailed on 2nd week of January. Then it was pushed back to Jan 23rd, then again by end of the month. Still haven’t heard nothing from them. I’m just hoping it’s not a Scam!!
Old 02-01-2020, 09:10 PM
corvettejoe09
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

I was just reading their reviews & it looks like other customers are having the problems you're having. Sorry for the not so good news. I never dealt with them. Last year I dealt with another company & got the run around with all CF side skirts & rear fender CF splash guards. I ordered from this company because it said on their website- 2 to 3 weeks. It was 3 months with a lot of excuses & lies. The quality was excellent, but wouldn't order again. Let us know how you make out.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:05 PM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

I find it a little suspicious they were spamming the forum every day pushing discounted orders and now they've been quiet for a couple weeks.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:28 PM
Amol
Instructor

Originally Posted by hungryhippo
I find it a little suspicious they were spamming the forum every day pushing discounted orders and now they've been quiet for a couple weeks.
Yes, I have noticed that too.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:58 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,743 Likes on 3,019 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I can't speak for G3Carbon, but some of the vendors do not stock the parts you are buying, they wait for orders & then order from their supplier, hence the wait
Old 02-03-2020, 07:23 PM
Amol
Instructor

Well, I am aware of that. I should have asked if they had it in stock. They had been saying it will be shipped next week for the last 3 weeks. I just hope it’s worth the wait and not Scam!!

I currently have one from Katech which I had to rivet it. It’s falling apart by the splash guard. This one uses a double sided tape.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:58 AM
Jaybird29
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I don't understand many companies and their lack of customer service/transparency. I know they are small business and cant stock everything, especially items that have larger costs like carbon pieces. However what they can do is inform customers up front on time table of parts and then be in contact as the process continues, informing the customer the reason(s) its taking longer. Just be forthcoming and honest. Majority of customers will understand.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:04 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,743 Likes on 3,019 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Jaybird, The reason that a business wont tell you that they don't stock the pieces is ….would you order a part from that company who says "hey this carbon fiber piece that you ordered is not in stock & will take 6-8 weeks to ship". You would probably look elsewhere
Old 02-04-2020, 09:11 AM
NotreOkc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 125 Likes on 86 Posts

Sorry you are having to deal with this. I hope it ends up turning out ok. I had to order a new side skirt for my ZR1 and I had used C7 Carbon in the past and decided to use them again. My shipping day got pushed back 3 times and it ended up taking months. But the guy explained to me that the part was made in Mexico (their home office is in South CA). The part then had to then cross through customs and then get shipped to me. Yes it took a long time, but the part was quality and is still on my car to this day. I guess the moral of the story is that this situation can happen and still be legit. I hope in your case that holds true! Good luck, keep us updated.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:17 AM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by hungryhippo

Seems to be the thing to do when sales are down for vendors to drop a "NEW FOR 2020" or "WE DID I AGAIN WITH THIS NEW "

then, they get 3 orders and all the sudden they are completely covered up and cant even reply to you. BUT THEY SURE GET THEIR 27 THREADS BUMPED 2X A DAY

I literally JUST dealt with this from a forum vendor and got this response----"we had orders ahead of yours and OUR vendor is waiting on parts to complete your order".

If I were you, I'd cancel the order NOW and not look back.

Old 02-25-2020, 03:17 PM
PNW Ruby
8th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Beware of G3 Carbon

Originally Posted by Amol
I ordered a CF side skirts on Dec 22. It was supposed to be mailed on 2nd week of January. Then it was pushed back to Jan 23rd, then again by end of the month. Still haven’t heard nothing from them. I’m just hoping it’s not a Scam!!
I ordered a G3-ST street aero kit from them back in November. They never shipped it out and gave me excuse after excuse. Provided Fedex tracking numbers that were no good. Told me it was shipping the next Monday. Even got a message from Sara that Alan had a fall in the shop and was in the hospital. I finally filed a dispute with my credit card and they immediately tried sending a partial shipment and close the dispute. I told the credit card company all of this and still trying to keep the dispute open. BUYER BEWARE.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:12 PM
Gould1
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Run...Don't walk. I just got done with those guys and it was one lie after another. Right down to bad tracking numbers. If I had to guess you will probably never see your parts.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:25 PM
Amol
Instructor

I have already filed for dispute on Feb 11. Haven’t heard nothing from them so far. I have learnt my lesson. It was such a good deal and I jumped on it too soon. The worst part is that was my wife’s Christmas present for me!!
Old 02-25-2020, 06:30 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,520 Likes on 1,900 Posts

They were here and on a Camaro forum for years (that I know to be a fact). Then they decided not to be a vendor anymore after many complaints on Camaro and here. First time I noticed their return here was late December of 2019. I was actually looking for a stage2 splitter for my Z06 and he had a great sale on them. Knowing their history though, I eliminated them as an option. As I've learned in life, a leopard doesn't change its spots.
To be clear, I have not read about problems with their quality of work since I've followed their reviews beginning in 2014. In fact, he makes damn good parts. Some do get their parts hassle free, but the complaints have always been service related, not receiving items ordered, and an abundance of excuses from G3 due to almost statistically impossible strings of bad luck. I'm not claiming one man cannot have that many mishaps during one lifetime, but wow... Best of luck OP. I see nothing has changed though with G3

Last edited by LT4CMG; 02-25-2020 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-25-2020, 08:35 PM
Gould1
Instructor

I ended up ordering a splitter late December when he was running his special. I did in fact get the piece and it does look good. Fit is yet to be determined. But..........there were a lot of phone calls and emails by me to get it. The worst part is when you look on his web site it states there are X amount available on any particular item. That means to me that you have it on a shelf waiting to be shipped out. As I said before, a lot of silence, broken promises, and excuses. I would avoid this vendor.

Last edited by Gould1; 02-25-2020 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:38 PM
Amol
Instructor

To my surprise, FedEx dropped the side skirts today. The quality is awesome. Hopefully, I won’t have any issue with the installation. It would be nice if at least G3 Carbon keep their customers informed about their progress. Just waiting on the gurney flaps now, so I can get done with my installation.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:02 PM
Gould1
Instructor

I agree. The quality seems on par. It’s the process that sucks ***.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Bought from G3 Carbon?

Old 03-06-2020, 04:43 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Gould1
I ended up ordering a splitter late December when he was running his special. I did in fact get the piece and it does look good. Fit is yet to be determined. But..........there were a lot of phone calls and emails by me to get it. The worst part is when you look on his web site it states there are X amount available on any particular item. That means to me that you have it on a shelf waiting to be shipped out. As I said before, a lot of silence, broken promises, and excuses. I would avoid this vendor.
Originally Posted by Amol
To my surprise, FedEx dropped the side skirts today. The quality is awesome. Hopefully, I won’t have any issue with the installation. It would be nice if at least G3 Carbon keep their customers informed about their progress. Just waiting on the gurney flaps now, so I can get done with my installation.
Are you guys wide body or narrow body? I ordered two front splitters, side skirts and door sill inserts during that sale and it's been crickets ever since. Can't seem to get an update from them at this point and it's beginning to frustrate me.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:59 AM
Gould1
Instructor

Wide body. Sounds about right with the lack of communication.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:24 PM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

They told me items would ship at the end of last week, seems like maybe that is true if some of you are starting to see your products. Still a little worried, this would be the first time I have been scammed on this forum if these don't show up. If I don't see anything by next week I'm calling my CC company.

Quick Reply: Anyone Bought from G3 Carbon?