Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Wilcox and patience

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 06:07 PM
av81
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Wilcox and patience

With all the fast delivery services out there am I spoiled ? put in an order 10 days ago still do not have it , I order all my work stock the day before by 6pm I have it the next day by 4pm , Summit and Jegs next day maybe 2 days.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:21 PM
gveld
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I feel your pain lol . I ordered parts on April 15 , order was processed April 19 and memo said parts should arrive in 10 to 13 days . After 21 days i called and was told parts just arrived in there inventory and were sent May 10 . Waiting patiently as you say
Old 05-14-2018, 08:53 PM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by av81
With all the fast delivery services out there am I spoiled ? put in an order 10 days ago still do not have it , I order all my work stock the day before by 6pm I have it the next day by 4pm , Summit and Jegs next day maybe 2 days.
Your not spoiled brother.

Wilcox needs to step up their shipping game. I seldom buy there because of that very issue. Love their contributions here and on their website though.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:04 PM
jr73
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 166 Posts

Old 05-14-2018, 09:05 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,207 Likes on 2,759 Posts

My project car isn't complete yet so I order parts from them weeks in advance before they are needed in case Willcox has to place something on backorder.
Their site has so much useful information on it/I can read-up on the "how-to" section while the order is being filled.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:07 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I have zero clue if there is any relation but mr willcox i heard somewhere retired?

I hope this is not the case here but time and again i have seen an owner retire, sell or pass on and what was a stunning outfit goes to gell in a handbag, very sad,

Ive only needed parts a few times that i could buy from willcox one sale was perfect then another, well the guy who answered the phone cost them that sale

But no getting past the priceless contributions to the hobby mr willcox has given us here and i do know the store is at the mercy to some degree of the suppliers,

Seems across the board vette parts stores are not actually stocking said parts just acting as middleman so to speak.

Last edited by The13Bats; 05-15-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:26 PM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,003 Posts

I'm in Alabama and order stuff from Vol Vette in Tenn, stuff hits my doorstep before I can hang the phone up.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:34 PM
croaker
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Street Rat
Your not spoiled brother.

Wilcox needs to step up their shipping game. I seldom buy there because of that very issue. Love their contributions here and on their website though.
I try to frequent the company's that contribute to this site . But I've been using others and have been getting orders in a more timely manner. If they would step it up they would pick up sales I'm sure
Old 05-14-2018, 09:48 PM
av81
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Not to bash at all but I probably will not buy from them again , the way I roll unfortunately I order parts kinda when I need them not weeks in advance . ...
Old 05-14-2018, 10:02 PM
68/BB
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I have not had that issue with Willcox but have with another company. Here is a clue we may need to pass on to the suppliers on here in case they are not aware. Internet ordering is an explosive industry. The ones that are killing the competition are providing lightening fast delivery and reasonable or free shipping. If you are not shipping close to same day ordered you will not survive. If something in your business model does not allow you to do that then you need to either fix that or think about getting into another business.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:33 PM
NONN37
Melting Slicks

Received 239 Likes on 198 Posts

Ive had similar issues. They send half the shipment if its in stock. and get the rest later. Ive noticed It's usually the forum/specails things that run out. still get a good deal tho, im never in a time crunch. Ive been spoiled by corvette america lately. they have good offers and free shipping often. and its the same stuff willcox carries and i get it in a few days.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:47 PM
Vet76te
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I recently had the same problem with Wilcox. I ordered parts on Monday and paid for expedited shipping, wanting the parts for the weekend. On Thursday, I had not yet received the parts. I called to inquire and was told the parts “should” ship out later that day. They actually shipped out the following Tuesday and I received them the end of the next week. Almost 2 weeks to receive my parts.

This was the 3rd time I’ve had a slow shipping issue with them. I love Wilcox and their support of this forum, but I’m afraid that was my last order.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:19 PM
Hayes69
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I usually try to buy from them first because of Ernie's contributions here, but i find they are about 15-20% more expensive than other vendors and the shipping prices dont help. sometimes they do have parts the other guys dont have. i do feel like Willcox takes more care in the repro parts they are willing to sell though.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:50 PM
Grumpy 427
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

When i built my car in 2009-2012. I dealt with Tom all the time, the service was great, he was a bit gruff but still a decent guy. The last time i ordered stuff last year i got some new girl on the phone who didn't seen all that up on Vette parts yet, zero emails or calls returned? So yes it's gone down hill.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:08 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by 68/BB
I have not had that issue with Willcox but have with another company. Here is a clue we may need to pass on to the suppliers on here in case they are not aware. Internet ordering is an explosive industry. The ones that are killing the competition are providing lightening fast delivery and reasonable or free shipping. If you are not shipping close to same day ordered you will not survive. If something in your business model does not allow you to do that then you need to either fix that or think about getting into another business.

Its a push button internet age and if spoiled is the word so be it, im on a budget dollars count,
i find myself looking for the best deal which most cases always has free shipping too,

And before "best deal" gets distorted into crap or import crap most all vette parts are all from the same manufacturer
So i take what i can get.

Since i am in most cases one of those who does wait until i need it to order, i have zero time to waste on snide sales people acting like i should kiss their *** to get to buy parts from them, i also ask if its there ready to go, some do lie about that,

But in the last year ive ordered a lot of stuff and never waited more than 3 to 5 days after placing order to have it on my porch.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:01 AM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

I`m very surprised at some of the comments. I`ve always had top notch service from Willcox. I`ve never been in a "time crunch" though, so when I get my parts, they usually sit in the garage until I get time to play with the car again anyway. And the few times there has been an unusually long wait, they told me right up front that it would be a back-ordered item, and would take a while.

They refuse to sell inferior parts that they wouldn`t use in their shop. And Ernie is always quick to answer e-mails when I have tech questions. He actually lost a possible sale recently... by giving me some EXCELLENT advice on how to modify the wrong year seat tracks, to make them fit my car!
Old 05-15-2018, 08:25 AM
BigBill94
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

The Wilcox guys have been great. It's clear that they're a smaller shop, they drop ship some things and are particular around what parts they sell. OP doesn't say what the part is, or if he called to inquire and what they said. Personally, I'd rather do business with someone that puts effort into making sure you get the best thing for the price you paid vs. get it as fast as possible...but that's me and everyone is different. I even had them call and offer help.

Get notified of new replies

To Wilcox and patience

Old 05-15-2018, 09:52 AM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 599 Likes on 486 Posts

You know why I buy from them. Because they actually work with the manufacture to address issues. A few threads about it come to mind like the carpet and some birdframe parts.

How many others would just pass the buck and shrug there shoulders?

I want a product that fits every time and Wilcox works to make that happen.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:35 AM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Do they provide tracking numbers yet? I stopped ordering from them because I'd never know when to expect orders to show up. I saw anything from 2-5 weeks and never got a tracking number so one day there would be a box with hundreds of dollars of merch sitting on my porch. Really annoyed me because when I get expensive stuff I want to get it inside ASAP as packages can grow legs around here. My CC was always charged immediately though...
Old 05-15-2018, 06:45 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

Thread reopened- if there’s anyone that does not understand the rules about threads belonging in this section, please contact a moderator by PM and it will be explained to you.

Quick Reply: Wilcox and patience