Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

My review of RPM Motors Specialties Inc. Santa Clarita California

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 01:33 PM
TFAST4U
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back on topic.

Makes one wonder why RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams is still allowed to be a supporting vendor on the Corvette Forum.

What concerns me is this kind of customer treatment has been going on for far to many years at RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams.

Speed Ventures track day events:

I could go on and on about how many harts have been broken of built cars by RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams that have ended early in the day and $10,000's of thousands of dollars spent with RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams that have ended with carnage.

I have personalty seen at Speed Ventures ( a club for track days here in CA ) motors grenade at Willow Springs. Fontana, Button-willow, and so on and that's just in CA alone. His motors have so much blow by the rings that the Corvettes he has built typically get black flagged for a possible oil leak. ( its oil blow by the rings because the hone he likes to use is worthless ) I and others will ask the owner " hey did Charlie at RPM build that motor " the answer is YES most of the time. This is a hobby for most of us. I would rather run a bone stock C6 Z06 at the track if RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams was the only mod shop out there.

Do your research. Ask questions in PM's, look for signs that some shop you pick is running an honest operation where you will be spending your hard earned money.

This makes me personally sick to read yet another post on RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams ripping yet another customer off that is an enthusiest car guy.

My question is why do people keep going to RPM, why do people keep putting up with Charlies poor poor attitude, and lower then deplorable service and workmanship and a super high cost?

The Big question is why the hell is RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams still allowed to be a supporting vendor? I would hope that Internet Brands will finally drop RPM as a Vendor.

I have a choice where I go and it will never, ever be RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams.

Good luck OP -
Old 04-02-2015, 03:21 PM
TFAST4U
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is yet another one on RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...larita-ca.html

If only more clients of RPM would post up their carnage. I know of a member here that has had 3, YES 3 motors blow from this same shop RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams. But has not posted a thing as of yet. Unfortunately he is still in bed recovering. Really........

Sorry OP -
Old 04-09-2015, 12:13 AM
heavymetals
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TFAST4U
Here is yet another one on RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...larita-ca.html

If only more clients of RPM would post up their carnage. I know of a member here that has had 3, YES 3 motors blow from this same shop RPM Motors Specialties Inc. out of Santa Clarita California owned by Charlie Williams. But has not posted a thing as of yet. Unfortunately he is still in bed recovering. Really........

Sorry OP -

The best con job is when the customer cons himself.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:34 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I just wanted to take a second and post some photos of a meth injection kit wiring that I paid to have done and it was never even attempted. The first pic you see is how I got it back from rpm motors specialties inc.

The second pic (in the next post) is after I fixed it in my garage. Note I've always had the ability I just didn't always have the necessary resources. Live and learn I guess.

Name:  alky control 2.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  1.27 MB

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 04-11-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:36 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

And here it is after I fixed it.

Name:  Alky Control.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  1.17 MB

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 04-11-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:37 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

I have many more photos of the absolutely subpar work elsewhere around the car if needed
Old 04-10-2015, 02:52 PM
blue_74
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I have many more photos of the absolutely subpar work elsewhere around the car if needed
Post them up. I'd love to see the other issues you encountered.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:25 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm going through my pics now.

Here's one of where they must have broke the ground strap off the passenger side 02 sensor (mind you, Charlie did inform me that he would have to charge me for a new starter claiming the main stud on it was broke). I didn't really question it even though I know it wasn't that way when I dropped it off. Anyway, the broken ground strap on the 02 sensor kind of makes me wonder if it happened when my starter mysteriously broke.

I will say that Charlie did call me and told me they accidentally broke my bellhousing and the coolant surge tank, (which they replaced at no extra cost (persay) to me).

Anyway heres a pic of the 02 sensor that they used mechanics wire to hold the ground strap of the sensor to the sensor body. I found this after noticing through my own hp tuners data logging that the passenger side 02 sensor was all over the place and intermittently working causing all sorts of drivability issues.
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2015, 03:31 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Another item I paid to have fixed was the drive side wheel sensor wiring. This is what I got.

They fixed part of it then routed it too close to the header.

I also asked for the oil cooler lines and stuff to be squared away (tucked and wrapped with some good heat sleeving. Well as you can see that never got done either.
Attached Images  

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 04-11-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:34 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Here's another example of the attention to detail that goes on!!

They installed some coil relocation brackets and bent the crap out of the brake line running to the master cylinder to get them to fit. It's tough to see but it's there.
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2015, 03:37 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Don't even get me started on how they yanked the entire wiring harness and main fuel feed line to the passenger side of the car in order to mount my fuel pressure regulator on the passenger side. I don't have a good picture of that.

Shaking My Head.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:20 AM
blue_74
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Don't even get me started on how they yanked the entire wiring harness and main fuel feed line to the passenger side of the car in order to mount my fuel pressure regulator on the passenger side. I don't have a good picture of that.

Shaking My Head.
Oh yeah, even in the picture I can see where they bent the brake line. It looks like they stopped just short of kinking it. That, plus that cobbled mess with the oxygen sensor wire, is awful. It looks like something a high school kid would do on his first car.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:27 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

How's this for a supposidly powdercoated valve cover? Looks like spray paint to me!! I could be wrong though. Either way it looks like hammered dog $hit.

Not to mention that I asked to have baffles welded inside the valve covers and that never happened either. But a guy wouldn't know that unless he took the covers off.

Ps (note: I recently added the stainless Allen head valve cover bolts)
Attached Images  

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 04-11-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:37 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

RPM is no longer a vendor on here. Savewave made a sticky thread on here.

I'm actually heading out to Houston Texas in July to go to school. I'm not sure if I'm going to take any further action but I may. For the time being I think I covered everything on here. Thanks to everyone for their help and moderators you can lock this thread if you wish.

Quick Reply: My review of RPM Motors Specialties Inc. Santa Clarita California