Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

TPS Motorsports Watchout for Them

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Abnsteel06vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TPS Motorsports Watchout for Them

Watch out for TPS Motorsports. I ordered blue calipers in May, there web page said they were on hand. I call them like three time and it took over a month to get them. I will say that the quality of there products was good. I paid a 400.00 core charge so I had to return them my old calipers, I did that within days. I shipped them on May 30, 2014. They signed and received my calipers on 6 June 2014 signed by Mike. I am still waiting for my refund. I called and I was told he was sick and that my refund would be returned that week. Two more weeks pasted and nothing; now the excuse is that one of the calipers I returned was damaged and that I was going to get get 200.00 only. But guess what I still have gotten nothing.

I had taken pictures of my old calipers but since they had told me they were returning my core charged I deleted the pictures from my phone. Now I have no proof. This company has quality calipers but dealing with the administration is difficult. I would like my money back soon. If I do not get I am going to the better business agency and contacting my military lawyers. Its amazing how they charge you upfront when they do not even have the product unhand.

I would stay away

Last edited by Abnsteel06vette; 07-28-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:06 PM
PUREVOL
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Had same problem

I ordered calipers & pads from them & it took 2 months to get them! Called & emailed Mike several times he said ppl were slow in returning the cores. After I finally got calipers he didn't ship the pads. Called him again he told me he was sick. I got the pads finally after another 3wks of waiting. I'm not returning my core calipers I'd rather keep em than deal with TPS Motorsports again!
Old 07-26-2014, 11:32 PM
joe's98
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15, '17

Its too bad that you experienced bad service. My dealings with them this spring went very well.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by joe's98
Its too bad that you experienced bad service. My dealings with them this spring went very well.
One bad transaction is one too many.. two bad experience from two different members and the excuse with both was " Im sick". Sick is not an excuse...
You would have to be an idiot to do business with a company like this.
when they have the ability to take your money in one day, they have the same ability to return your core deposit in one day.. when it takes months, and the guy is always sick, he could die before you get your money back.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:08 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,302 Likes on 13,975 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Thanks for the heads up on that company. Hope you get something worked out to where you get all your core deposit back.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:02 AM
NiteriderFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

i purchased LG Coilovers from them a few years ago, I recall that it took nearly a month to get. Sorry to hear your deal went sour
Old 07-27-2014, 11:52 AM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

I placed an order for Corbeau seats + rails on 10 June. I had spoke with them on the phone prior to this, so I was expecting the seats ship out to me right away, but it had been a few days and I hadn't heard anything, so I shot them a quick email on the 12th. I was told he was sick and would be putting the order in the next day (I assume it's drop shipped from Corbeau... so it's literally as simple as sending the order/money over to them).

On the 17th I hit them up again as I had not gotten any sort of update. I was told again he'd been sick etc and would get the order in that day. They ended up shipping finally on the 20th and I got them on the 25th.

My card was charged right away even though the order wasn't even pushed over to Corbeau for another week or so. In the end I got what I wanted for a good price, but from my experience, customer service was not the best. I would have had 0 issues if the delay information was 'fed' to me vs me having to constantly 'pull' the information out of them.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:04 PM
warlock007
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the exact same issue with Mike and I got the wrong color black when i ordered mine. Had other issues as well with refund from cores etc.

Will never deal with them again due to the issues had.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:19 PM
RCFC5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any company that charges your credit card before shipping is crooked, I wouldn't order from them
Old 07-27-2014, 12:46 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties. I can only go by own experience wih TPS. I bought their modified C6 shifter and a pair of Corbeau A4's and rails over different time periods in 2013. They were shipped complete and on time. However does not mean that they may have gone down hill since then. Keep pressuring them and don't wait too long to file any claims. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:08 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've spent a pretty large chunk of money in parts and service with Mike. Overall he's a good dude, just very busy (I believe he runs TPS 100% himself now and has lots of irons in the fire with multiple businesses).

Can't say my dealings have been terrible...in the beginning he went above and beyond in some ways, but overall and over time, just not what I'd expect/desire from a vendor I'm spending a good deal of money with. I don't expect the world nor a vendor to KMA, but I want them to demonstrate that they are on top of things and that they value my business.

My issue was and continues to be, if I try to do business with him, I have to chase him constantly. For example, if I ask for a quote (or service appointment date), I have to call back and/or email 10 times (kind of reading him the riot act) before I finally get follow through.

This happened time and time again. After like the 4th time, it got quite annoying and felt disrespectful. Made me wonder if he cared one bit about my "meager" business, ever wrote things down, used a calendaring/reminder system or just has some form of ADD or somethin'.

I finally gave up to save my own dignity.

TPS's service side is now owned by Borelli but Mike continues to offer select TPS products/services via the online store.

In the end, I hope Mike takes this thread as constructive input as to how he can improve/increase his business. I see a pattern here but none of the issues described are unresolvable.

Good luck Mike/TPS.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:45 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteriderVette
i purchased LG Coilovers from them a few years ago, I recall that it took nearly a month to get. Sorry to hear your deal went sour
Just curious....why wouldn't you buy LG parts directly from LG?
Old 07-28-2014, 01:05 AM
john8642
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I put in an order for brake rotors and pads. After two weeks of waiting for them to ship, I cancelled the order.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Just curious....why wouldn't you buy LG parts directly from LG?
Because he can usually beat LG's advertised prices.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Abnsteel06vette
Instructor

Finally I got am email telling me they only do refunds for core charge on Fridays. So I hope they did it last Friday.

This must be a part time job because when they were going to ship my calipers they said that they only ship on Fridays. So they must work only on Fridays.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Abnsteel06vette
Instructor

I should of kept my old calipers than to put up with all the delays. His calipers appear to be good quality will tell you long run.

Last edited by Abnsteel06vette; 07-28-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Abnsteel06vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by john8642
I put in an order for brake rotors and pads. After two weeks of waiting for them to ship, I cancelled the order.
The problem is they show all calipers as being on hand and that is not a true statement.

Than they tell you that there is a statement that it can take up to three weeks, but they show it as having them on hand. What a way to ambush you.

Get notified of new replies

To TPS Motorsports Watchout for Them

Old 07-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

I have stood up for Mike many times. I still believe him to be a good guy.

All my dealings where in person and with work done by his previously owned speed shop.

I have had to online dealings with him soooo my experiences are a little different than most due to the fact that I lived within walking distance of his shop.

I will say that he is a very ambitious business man with many dealings always going on. This in the one trait that worked for me with the trading we did for parts and service involving his shop work.

I think he was probably spread a little thin which is one reason he sold the shop part.

I guess my comments here are to inform others that he is a good guy but maybe a little over ambitious with his time.

I too would not be happy concerning online sales with slow response time and slow shipping. This just isn't good business practice. I also will say that this is more likely the norm than not. Doesn't make it right but nevertheless prompt and reliable online transactions can be iffy.

The whole EBay thing is a little different with how EBay handles it.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:17 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
I have stood up for Mike many times. I still believe him to be a good guy.

All my dealings where in person and with work done by his previously owned speed shop.

I have had to online dealings with him soooo my experiences are a little different than most due to the fact that I lived within walking distance of his shop.

I will say that he is a very ambitious business man with many dealings always going on. This in the one trait that worked for me with the trading we did for parts and service involving his shop work.

I think he was probably spread a little thin which is one reason he sold the shop part.

I guess my comments here are to inform others that he is a good guy but maybe a little over ambitious with his time.

I too would not be happy concerning online sales with slow response time and slow shipping. This just isn't good business practice. I also will say that this is more likely the norm than not. Doesn't make it right but nevertheless prompt and reliable online transactions can be iffy.

The whole EBay thing is a little different with how EBay handles it.
Is he aware of this complaint thread, so maybe he could answer for himself?
Old 07-31-2014, 08:06 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

I am surprised he hasn't.

Not my business to notify him either...

Quick Reply: TPS Motorsports Watchout for Them