Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

CORVETTE MODS buyer beware ebay user id: Americanmods

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 01:30 PM
bhazard1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CORVETTE MODS buyer beware ebay user id: Americanmods

Just a warning to everyone looking to do business with Corvette Mods.

Purchased a catch can via ebay from them. They offered fast and free shipping to a US address I sometimes pick parcels up from. I am from Canada and only go down that route once a year. They offered fast and free a guaranteed delivery date of June 26th on the ebay auction. I had a window of June 27 to June 30 to pick up at the shipping center I had the can shipped to.

I stressed that it needed to arrive by these dates or we needed to hold off until later or revise shipping to another address which I go to more frequently. I even offered to pay an upcharge to get it delivered to Canada once it was apparent that the package may not make it in time as was promised. In the end I had to ask the shipping center to refuse the package and send it back to it's origin. After I received delivery confirmation of the return I asked for a refund which they ignored, I then initiated a paypal chargeback to which they provided the original tracking number to Paypal and paypal sided with them for some reason even though the tracking number is for both the original shipment and return shipment. I am in the middle of appealing the decision with Paypal and have started the process with my credit card provider as well.

I tried to prevent this from happening in the first place by being proactive but Corvette Mods doesn't care to provide customer service. Never had an issue with West Coast Corvettes, Andy's, Corvettes of Houston and other forum vendors I have used before. Please support one of the other great vendors that are here. Life is too short to deal with vendors like Corvette Mods.

Following is a transcript of my messages

Last edited by bhazard1; 07-22-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:31 PM
bhazard1
Advanced

JUNE 19
Dear bhazardc5,
please advise of color and engine selection
- americanmods
JUNE 20
Dear americanmods,
black for a 98 c5 5.7l thanks
- bhazardc5

Dear bhazardc5,
Noted, thanks!!
- americanmods
JUNE 22
Dear americanmods,
Can you tell me when this will ship? Heading across the border Thursday to pickup a bunch of other stuff and Ebay's estimated ship time was Wednesday/Thursday. Just want to confirm thats the case otherwise I may need to change shipping address or hold off for a bit. Thanks.
Brandon
- bhazardc5
JUNE 23
Dear bhazardc5,
Our mfg processes orders within 24 business hours. thx
- americanmods

JUNE 24
Dear americanmods,
So it should have shipped today then as I ordered Thursday? It will be delivered by Thursday June 26 correct? If not, as I said in my last message, I need to possibly change the shipping address or cancel the order. Let me know.
Thanks
- bhazardc5

Dear bhazardc5,
Tracking came in this morning 350316815032887 via FedEx
- americanmods

Dear americanmods,
Thanks. Shows anticipated ship date of Monday June 23 but it hasn't been picked up yet so there is now way it will arrive prior to Thursday as Thursday is the delivery standard if it had been picked up Monday. Either the shipping service needs to change so that it arrives by Thursday end of day or hold the order for the moment and we can work out shipping to my Canadian address. I understand it will be a bit more $ to ship to Canada and I will pay the amount it said in the auction. Was really hoping to pick it up when I was in the US late this week but looking like that won't work even though the ebay auction said 3-7 days which would have worked. Let me know what route you think we should take.
- bhazardc5

JUNE 25
Dear bhazardc5,
They've been picked up, just not scanned. It can take 12 hours for it to appear in the fedex system. We aren't able to do anything for the service as its already been dispatched. The time frame for processing is in business days not week days
- americanmods

Dear americanmods,
FYI I just checked the listing today and it's the ebay "fast n free" service within USA. If I ordered today apparently I would receive it by Tuesday July 1 at the US address I gave you. Doubtful my order from last Thursday (which showed it would arrive tomorrow) would make it by Tuesday. You should change your listing to reflect actual processing times you have. I wouldn't have ordered if I know it wasn't going to arrive on time for my trip to the US and here we are both wasting time dealing with this. Per my last message cancel my order or we can change to ship to canadian address and I'll pay the extra shipping costs.
- bhazardc5

JUNE 27
Dear americanmods,
Not surprising that it shows as picked up today at 4:05 pm and nothing was done with respect to my many last messages to you. I will make sure delivery is refused and will proceed with a credit card charge back plus leave appropriate feedback for your operation. If you care to make things right you can recall the package and refund my money. You had ample time to cancel the pick up as the package would not make it in time.
- bhazardc5

Dear bhazardc5,
Brandon,
Per PayPal's policy, we HAVE to ship to the address on your payment. You paid with PayPal, not a credit card.
- americanmods

Dear americanmods,
Apparently you don't take the time to read my message and hide behind policies that don't really apply to the situation. Per your auction I bought the item that was advertised as fast n free shipping with an arrival date of Thursday June 26 and was a timeframe that worked for me. I stated a few times that if the package didn't arrive on time I could not receive it and that we could explore other options. These messages went ignored and now we have a problem. The package will end up being refused and will come back to you at an added cost. I will do a Credit card charge back for the PayPal payment. I am an active member at corvette forum and will be sure to let others know of the non existent customer service you provide. I will also leave more than appropriate feedback on eBay. You had ample opportunity to make a customer happy but it seems you don't care.
- bhazardc5
JULY 13
Dear americanmods,
Can you let me know when you'll be issuing me a full refund for this order. Fedex shows it has arrived back at your facility. Thanks,
Brandon
- bhazardc5
Old 07-22-2014, 02:29 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

per the instructions for the return, the item needed to be shipped back to us. You sent it to the mfg. They did not have an RMA set up so they do not show it back at their facility. You opened a paypal claim which they closed in our favor due to this. Until the mfg can locate the item that you sent back without following the proper procedures we are not able to process any type of refund.

Again, paypal advised you of the same information as well. That is why the claim was closed in our favor. As soon as they can located this product and credit us for it we can do the same.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:37 PM
bhazard1
Advanced

Originally Posted by corvettemods1
per the instructions for the return, the item needed to be shipped back to us. You sent it to the mfg. They did not have an RMA set up so they do not show it back at their facility. You opened a paypal claim which they closed in our favor due to this. Until the mfg can locate the item that you sent back without following the proper procedures we are not able to process any type of refund.

Again, paypal advised you of the same information as well. That is why the claim was closed in our favor. As soon as they can located this product and credit us for it we can do the same.
1. How am I to know you are drop shipping the item?

2. This is your return policy off your ebay auction with no mention of an RMA needed nor any instructions for returns.
"American Mods wants you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. We offer one of the most simple, hassle free policies on the internet. A no questions asked guarantee!
American Mods offers a full 30 days money back minus original shipping guarantee. After 30 days and up to 45 days, we will issue store credit. Please note that we can and only accept items returned in new condition, in original packaging. If an item was installed/used it must be exchanged for the same item due to a manufacturers defect. Custom made painted items can not be returned. Painted items are made to order based on your specific color selections. We appreciate your understanding on this matter. Should there be a defect from the painting process, you must notify us within 48 hours of receipt so the issue can be resolved quickly for you."

3. It wasn't a return I was UNABLE to receive it so the shipment was refused

4. We wouldn't even be discussing this if you had even the slightest sense of customer service and read the multiple messages I sent you via ebay.

Find it hard to believe that the item is somehow unaccounted for now. Just another shining example of the operation you run.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:45 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by bhazard1
1. How am I to know you are drop shipping the item?

2. This is your return policy off your ebay auction with no mention of an RMA needed nor any instructions for returns.
"American Mods wants you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. We offer one of the most simple, hassle free policies on the internet. A no questions asked guarantee!
American Mods offers a full 30 days money back minus original shipping guarantee. After 30 days and up to 45 days, we will issue store credit. Please note that we can and only accept items returned in new condition, in original packaging. If an item was installed/used it must be exchanged for the same item due to a manufacturers defect. Custom made painted items can not be returned. Painted items are made to order based on your specific color selections. We appreciate your understanding on this matter. Should there be a defect from the painting process, you must notify us within 48 hours of receipt so the issue can be resolved quickly for you."

3. It wasn't a return I was UNABLE to receive it so the shipment was refused

4. We wouldn't even be discussing this if you had even the slightest sense of customer service and read the multiple messages I sent you via ebay.

Find it hard to believe that the item is somehow unaccounted for now. Just another shining example of the operation you run.
If you don't ask how you need to send the item back, then how can we assist you? We understand you're upset, but again, every return policy has a procedure to follow which you didn't attempt to even find out about. We will work the mfg to try and locate what you sent back, and when we do we will promptly return your money. In addition, you asked us to break paypal policy and send goods to an address outside of the verified address you have on file with them. Again, as a vendor that accepts paypal we are bound to their terms and conditions. If you don't agree to those terms you shouldn't use them for your payment method.

Paypal.com outlines the user agreements for your review.

regards
Old 07-22-2014, 02:56 PM
bhazard1
Advanced

Originally Posted by corvettemods1
If you don't ask how you need to send the item back, then how can we assist you? We understand you're upset, but again, every return policy has a procedure to follow which you didn't attempt to even find out about. We will work the mfg to try and locate what you sent back, and when we do we will promptly return your money. In addition, you asked us to break paypal policy and send goods to an address outside of the verified address you have on file with them. Again, as a vendor that accepts paypal we are bound to their terms and conditions. If you don't agree to those terms you shouldn't use them for your payment method.

Paypal.com outlines the user agreements for your review.

regards
How am I supposed to return an item when I can't receive it? My only option was to have it refused. I gave you the option of cancelling the order or changing the shipping address or..... Quit hiding behind paypal's policy. My messages went out well before the item shipped. Also if you lived up to your commitment in the ebay ad the item would have arrived on time.

There were many options available and I was trying to be proactive to avoid a situation like this as anyone can see in the ebay message string. Not sure what else I could have done.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:56 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Vendor responded. Closing thread per Forum procedure.

NOTE: 9/18/14, final update posted by OP:

No refund was ever received and my dispute with the credit card company was reversed temporarily as Corvette Mods still insisted I had the product even though tracking showed it had been returned and signed for. Thankfully my credit card company stood behind me after I provided further documentation which included the posts in the link above, additional tracking etc...

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 09-18-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: update posted

Get notified of new replies

To CORVETTE MODS buyer beware ebay user id: Americanmods