Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Don't Buy - From RPI

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 11:24 AM
VERBOTEN
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Don't Buy - From RPI

I am really disapointed in having to start a thread like this and I realize that there have to be many satisfied customers of RPI.

Having read good results here on the Forum was one of the reasons that I initially made my purchase and continued to give Josh and Don the benefit of the doubt until this morning.

The Readers Digest version of this is that I ordered a set of side skirts for my new C7 on 3/1/14. The order showed "waiting for Paypal" which I didn't think too much about as I had seen Don indicate in another thread that a customer wouldn't be billed until the item was shipped. (I thought that was a nice touch)

On 3/12/14 I brought the order status to RPI's attention for a second time and received a "DEAR SIR" reply. (Not valued customer or Ken) The Paypal transaction had apprarently not went through. I have several hundred Paypal transactions and this is the first time that I have seen an order process and give me an order number without the funds transfer.

So, without any help from RPI, I processed a second order with this one showing the funds transfer. I asked for some consideration on getting the skirts expedited since I really didn't feel that I had done anything wrong. Josh refused to provide any help along this line and his tone was that the Customer is Always Wrong. He went on to say that they get several transactions a week where the check out is not completed and that they follow up on these with a phone call. That certainly would have been great. But I did not receive a call. Josh went on to say how long and hard he works....Having had just worked myself 27 out of the previous 28 days, I understand that, but I don't make excuses to my customers in a tone that I could care less about their business or that I am too busy for them.

Despite RPI's tone, I hung in there and thought they would make this right. I was promised that my skirts would be sent at the end of the month of March. That promise came and went and I was again promised that the skirts would be shipped last week. I waited patiently until Friday of last week and requested the shipping information. There was no reply to that e-mail. On Saturday morning I requested again the shipping information. Understanding that Don or Josh might be out until Monday I continued to wait for the courtesy of a reply. Sadly, there has been none.

I have now been forced to file a Non-Receipt Dispute with PayPal.

It has been 37 days since my first good faith purchase and now 26 days since I initiated a second attempt to purchase. RPI has had my money for that period of time.

I am sure that PayPal will protect me and recover my funds.

But - Don't Buy from RPI.

Ken

Last edited by VERBOTEN; 04-07-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:27 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by VERBOTEN
I am really disapointed in having to start a thread like this and I realize that there are have to be many satisfied customers of RPI.

Having read good results here on the Forum was one of the reasons that I initially made my purchase and continued to give Josh and Don the benefit of the doubt until this morning.

The Readers Digest version of this is that I ordered a set of side skirts for my new C7 on 3/1/14. The order showed "waiting for Paypal" which I didn't think too much about as I had seen Don indicate in another thread that a customer wouldn't be billed until the item was shipped. (I thought that was a nice touch)

On 3/12/14 I brought the order status to RPI's attention for a second time and received a "DEAR SIR" reply. (Not valued customer or Ken) The Paypal transaction had apprarently not went through. I have several hundred Paypal transactions and this is the first time that I have seen an order process and give me an order number without the funds transfer.

So, without any help from RPI, I processed a second order with this one showing the funds transfer. I asked for some consideration on getting the skirts expedited since I really didn't feel that I had done anything worng. Josh refused to provide any help along this line and his tone was that the Customer is Always Wrong. He went on to say that they get several transactions a week where the check out is not completed and that they follow up on these with a phone call. That certainly would have been great. But I did not receive a call. Josh went on to say how long and hard he works....Having had just worked myself 27 out of the previous 28 days, I understand that, but I don't make excuses to my customers in a tone that I could care less about their business or that I am too busy for them.

Despite RPI's tone, I hung in there and thought they would make this right. I was promised that my skirts would be sent at the end of the month of April. That promise came and went and I was again promised that the skirts would be shipped last week. I waited patiently until Friday of last week and requested the shipping information. There was no reply to that e-mail. On Saturday morning I requested again the shipping information. Understanding that Don or Josh might be out until Monday I continued to wait for the courtesy of a reply. Sadly, there has been none.

I have now been forced to file a Non-Receipt Dispute with PayPal.

It has been 37 days since my first good faith purchase and now 26 days since I initiated a second attempt to purchase. RPI has had my money for that period of time.

I am sure that PayPal will protect me and recover my funds.

Don't Buy from RPI.

Ken
I assume you meant March?

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hopefully they can ship ASAP or issue you a refund.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the"Heads up". Was just about to order off them today. After hearing your experience, I will spend my money elsewhere!

Al
Old 04-07-2014, 11:43 AM
VERBOTEN
Instructor

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
I assume you meant March?

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hopefully they can ship ASAP or issue you a refund.
Yes, Thank you I corrected that to March.

Ken
Old 04-07-2014, 11:47 AM
RHORTON164
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, I've had many transactions with RPI and have never had a bit of trouble. I also pay with Paypal and have done so with Don and also ordering off their website. My experiences with them lead me to believe that they are a very good vendor and I will continue to buy from them. Really do hope you get this ironed out quickly and to your satisfaction.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Wormwood
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

That's funny, or maybe not.

This weekend, I tried to order a complete set of logos & emblems with a Visa card & both times is was declined? the CC company & I are stumped as to why it was declined. I've emailed RPI on Friday evening but haven't heard back from them much less anything regarding the failed orders, so who knows...

Wormwood
Old 04-07-2014, 12:02 PM
VERBOTEN
Instructor

Originally Posted by RHORTON164
Wow, I've had many transactions with RPI and have never had a bit of trouble. I also pay with Paypal and have done so with Don and also ordering off their website. My experiences with them lead me to believe that they are a very good vendor and I will continue to buy from them. Really do hope you get this ironed out quickly and to your satisfaction.
Me too.

The real test of vendors is when something atypical happens and how they respond.

Ken
Old 04-07-2014, 12:35 PM
RPI Designs
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 102 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16 -'17

I feel Dear Sir is very respectful, that is how we reply to customers. We feel we should respect customers and that is how we've done it for 15+ years.

We ran this transaction as we do with all others. The above customer didn't finish the checkout process (this happens 3-4 times a day). We wait a few days and kindly contact the customers to see if they'd like to complete the purchase, most times they are just "tire kicking" we call it.

That is what we did here. The customer then ordered later in the week and that is when we put the custom painted order on the paint list. We are extremely busy right now, way behind in getting orders out. We've doubled our workforce in the past 6 months and are producing parts 12 hours per day. 95% of customers understand we are doing our best to get parts out in a timely manner.

The above customer's order was shipping out tomorrow. However, the customer canceled via paypal and the skirts will be moved on to the next customer in line.

We truly did what we can , but the customer didn't want to wait longer.

The customer has been refunded in full.

Thank you
Josh
RPI Designs, LLC

Last edited by RPI Designs; 04-07-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:42 PM
RPI Designs
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 102 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16 -'17

Originally Posted by Wormwood
That's funny, or maybe not.

This weekend, I tried to order a complete set of logos & emblems with a Visa card & both times is was declined? the CC company & I are stumped as to why it was declined. I've emailed RPI on Friday evening but haven't heard back from them much less anything regarding the failed orders, so who knows...

Wormwood
I got your email and replied, not sure you got it back? Our site is locked down tight, because of a lot of credit card fraud lately. If you call us, 888.257.8515 EXT 2, I'll take care of getting your order through. Thank you for your order attempt and email.
Josh
Old 04-07-2014, 12:44 PM
VERBOTEN
Instructor

Originally Posted by RPI Designs
We ran this transaction as we do with all others. The above customer didn't finish the checkout process (this happens 3-4 times a day). We wait a few days and kindly contact the customers to see if they'd like to complete the purchase, most times they are just "tire kicking" we call it.

That is what we did here. The customer then ordered later in the week and that is when we put the custom painted order on the paint list. We are extremely busy right now, way behind in getting orders out. We've doubled our workforce in the past 6 months and are producing parts 12 hours per day. 95% of customers understand we are doing our best to get parts out in a timely manner.

The above customer's order was shipping out tomorrow. However, the customer canceled via paypal and the skirts will be moved on to the next customer in line.

We truly did what we can , but the customer didn't want to wait longer. The customer has been refunded in full.

Thank you
Josh
RPI Designs, LLC
Josh,

You couldn't reply to my two requests for shipping information from last week?

I had been understanding enough to wait while you missed two additional promised shipping dates.

You couldn't take the time to let me know that my order was shipping tomorrow after all the time I've waited?

My skirts are now conveniently finished and will go to the next customer?

Your reply speaks for itself. (You did nothing wrong, we're too busy for customers and the customer is wrong)

Sincerely,

Ken

Last edited by VERBOTEN; 04-07-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:58 PM
VERBOTEN
Instructor

Originally Posted by RPI Designs
I got your email and replied, not sure you got it back? Our site is locked down tight, because of a lot of credit card fraud lately. If you call us, 888.257.8515 EXT 2, I'll take care of getting your order through. Thank you for your order attempt and email.
Josh
Your e-mail appears to be working for those who want to place an order. But not for those who have already placed an order and are attempting to get a simple update.

Do you feel you have any obligation to the customer to take no further orders until the backlog can be addressed?

With reference to the Fraud you have referenced. This is very disturbing.

Has your site been hacked ?

Is this fraud from an internal or external source?

Is my account information or others credit card information at risk ?

Sincerely,

Ken

Last edited by VERBOTEN; 04-07-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Both parties have replied. Please take it offline from here.

Get notified of new replies

To Don't Buy - From RPI

Quick Reply: Don't Buy - From RPI