Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Rick Hendrick of Buford trying to charge new MSRP in lieu of GM price protection

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Yamanator
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But aren't they a forum dealer???
Old 04-06-2014, 07:57 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by jackhall99
It would not be honorable of you to leave negative feedback if the General Manager or owner resolves the F&I person's misunderstanding of the price and you get your car at the old price.

(the term "chickens***" comes to mind....)
Old 04-06-2014, 08:07 PM
LouG
Advanced

Sorry you are having this problem. This should be a happy and exciting time for you. Don't let them rain on your parade. I ordered my C7 in January and took delivery three weeks ago.
$2,000 under MSRP from Glueck Chevy in Jasper, Fl and was price protected.
They are the nicest people you want to meet.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:18 PM
coupeguyz51
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightbrew
That's true, I shouldn't have made it sound like I want to go out of my way to tarnish their reputation, but my post is only the start of the negative experience I have had with this dealership.

After I placed my order there was zero communication. I called a few times to get updates, was given the run around and eventually promised a call back that never came.

It took 4 phone calls to get a receipt for my deposit / order sheet.

Thank goodness for the nice folks at GM as well as the order tracking utility, because without those I wouldn't have even known my car was at the dealership.

I spoke with the GM at one point, and told him that the order status was "shipped", and just wanted to discuss the next step, and he sent me some other customers order number, linked me to GM order tracking utility, and told me to track it myself.

I then told him that the order number he sent me wasn't even my car, and he told me my car was at least 2 weeks out. (3 days later my car is at the dealership).

Once the car arrived, I called them, and asked them to confirm that my car was there and they asked me to provide the VIN number so they could confirm. (They are asking me for the f*&kin VIN number.....really?) Again, thank goodness for GM customer service, else I wouldn't have had this.

After jumping through all the hoops, they tell me that my car is indeed there and come and pick it up..

..that is where the story that is my original post begins.
Sorry your troubles! Based on additional info I would not deal with them either....still, if they make your original complaint right I would leave that off the bad pr .... doesn't sound likely though....good luck.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:24 PM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

don't "get your panties in a wad" tomorrow morning someone at the dealership should be able to resolve this very easily. my guess is you will get the car at old price. just because some underling today doesn't know his *** from his elbow, relax. relax.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:47 PM
onyx_z71
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

The way I understand it, the dealer initially pays the increased price for the car and has to do paperwork to get the difference back once the sale is made. The price protection is for the person whos name is associated with the order, and if the person backs out of the purchase the price protection is not eligible for whoever buys it later. That's what I make of it as my car fell into that category and I paid my original January negotiated price.

Whoever is in charge of marketing at the dealer should know that.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default Really?!?

Originally Posted by JACKPAC
I'm curious as to why you'd pay sticker in the first place? Lots of discounts going around.
Not for nothing but what the ,,,,, difference does that make in the context of this posting anyway. The OP is PO'd and if you're here to throw gas on the fire, then take a hike...

To the PO, like the others have said, assume it was a misunderstanding and approach it that you want to clear up the misunderstanding. That based on the hundreds (?) of postings on the biggest Corvette Forum that this is a misconception that you want to clarify with them....Keep us posted....
Old 04-06-2014, 08:50 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JACKPAC
I'm curious as to why you'd pay sticker in the first place? Lots of discounts going around.
Ohh gosh, here we go...
Old 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
BAKnBLK2010
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealers suck.....
Old 04-06-2014, 08:55 PM
ENCT
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They should honor the original price. I received my paperwork from Kerbeck yesterday and the new price is listed and on the next line a $3200.00 price protection discount is listed.
Eric
Old 04-06-2014, 08:58 PM
redstar299
Racer

Default call GM

I would call GM and let them know of the situation
Old 04-06-2014, 09:06 PM
SIN R G
Advanced

Originally Posted by jackhall99
It would not be honorable of you to leave negative feedback if the General Manager or owner resolves the F&I person's misunderstanding of the price and you get your car at the old price.
You would be no better then them if you do that. But either way I hope you get your Corvette.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Art-2008
Instructor

Lightbrew

1) This REALLY could be a misunderstanding. Start off NICE, you can always turn into a pr--k, but once they view you as a pr--k you can NEVER turn back into a nice guy.

2) Remember, and explain nicely to them, YOU are the ONLY person that GM will give the lower price to. If the car goes into dealer stock, the new/higher price applies. If another person buys the car the new/higher price applies.

3) Being honest and straight with you costs them nothing, and they are still getting full list price for the car.

Good Luck Lightbrew, and keep us posted..........Art
Old 04-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Old-Timer
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LouG
Sorry you are having this problem. This should be a happy and exciting time for you. Don't let them rain on your parade. I ordered my C7 in January and took delivery three weeks ago.
$2,000 under MSRP from Glueck Chevy in Jasper, Fl and was price protected.
They are the nicest people you want to meet.
Also have my C7 ordered thru Bruce Glueck Chevrolet and you are right ,nicest people to deal with. was just over at Bruces home the other day. I`m here in Deland Fl. Mine has a TPW of 4-14 and can`t wait to get it. Will have it at the Canal str cruise hopefully in May. Bob
Old 04-06-2014, 09:25 PM
liquorman
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Lightbrew;1586592496]Greetings all,

I placed my order for my 2014 Stingray 02/21/2014, and placed $1,000.00 deposit. There was no sort of contract signed at that point, but we agreed on MSRP as the sales price, and my card was charged the aforementioned deposit. The MSRP was $62,875.

My car has finally arrived at the dealership, so I eagerly go to purchase. They write up the price at the new $66,000.00 MSRP. I told them no, that there was price protection, and furnish the order with the date and the quoted MSRP of $62,875.

The finance guy at the dealership was the most senior employee on site at the time and told me that he cannot sell me the car at the old price, and that he will have to speak to GM as well as his superior in the morning. This guy acted like he hadn't even heard of "price protection".

My experience has been awful so far with these guys and this is really the icing on the cake. I will now be taking the morning off of work to go up to the dealership in hopes of getting my car at the correct price.

I am absolutely furious. Any helpful advice is very welcome.

Thanks.[/QUOTE

Got my car from this dealer I was treated very good. Sorry you had a problem I hope it works out for you.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,452 Likes on 14,055 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Hope tomorrow things work out well for you and you get your car at the protected pricing.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:45 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default They always...

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
The term "stealership" exists for a reason ... this case helps back up the term.
blame GM because they can and it either works because you want that car so bad or they want to at least kick the can down the road a little longer.

finance guys are the real sharks at a dealership, and the sales people
often are only a speed bump in comparison.

Get notified of new replies

To Rick Hendrick of Buford trying to charge new MSRP in lieu of GM price protection

Old 04-07-2014, 01:04 AM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

There are rules on the forums fellas. I think the mods should get involved before trashing the dealer who supports us and giving them a chance to make it right.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,070 Likes on 593 Posts

I'm very sorry to hear about your problem with Rick Hendrick's. Now I got my car from Rick Hendrick's of Duluth GA and actually ordered mine Feb. 24. I did ask about the price increase & they said NO since my was manufactured befor Mar. 3rd. Also the people there were all very professional and helpful. And, I asked if they gave a discount for Forum members and they did. They also arranged for a shipper to bring it down here to SW FL, which I paid for ,but also was a great experience. I would recommend them to anyone. If you have the VIN and can get the actual completion date then you should be under the wire. Sorry again to hear about your problems. Good luck!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:56 AM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

The completion date of the car should not matter, it was tied to the order date. Mine was ordered end of January, came off the line the 4th of March with the new sticker price (interestingly enough I have stickers with both the old and new price). My dealer, Fichtner Chevrolet, honored the old price without it ever even requiring a discussion.

Quick Reply: Rick Hendrick of Buford trying to charge new MSRP in lieu of GM price protection