Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

how much labor to swap converter and cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 09:44 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Default how much labor to swap converter and cam

Is 2000 enough?..had a shop take car in for cam swap and did a converter swap also with my supplied parts.
I think 2000 labor is more than enough fair even though he forgot to tighten the innovators harmonic balancer..grease all over engine..grease and dirt throughout interior ..cut my lower dash panel..big knick in drivers door..surface scrathes all over top of fenders ..mis aligned the nose after they took off for cam swap..and who knows what else they messed up still finding more as we go
Found the car was abused and also had metal shavings all over car
front to back

This is a prefect c5..a 10 on the scale from 1 to 10..18k miles flawless when delivered

I pulled car asap for being abused and taking way way to long to perform work
Old 04-03-2014, 09:52 AM
sunchaser73
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Given your list of "wrongs" $2000 seems fair...IF that is what they are paying you for the damages and poor workmanship!

Seriously...sounds like they screwed up big-time; you were smart to get your car out of that shop before it got worse!

If you think it is worth pursuing, I would get estimates from various shops to repair the damages and then discuss reimbursement with the shop owner/manager...

$2000 seems typical for a quality cam swap from a good shop.

Good luck...
Old 04-03-2014, 10:04 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Everything i say is true 100% ..i have receipts..pics video.....witnesses who were shocked and new shop to confirm all damages...even shop owner admitted to me and my gf he messed up
Old 04-03-2014, 10:06 AM
bigvx5
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a good case for judge judy,seriously
Old 04-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Sponge Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

I can vouch that the vehicle was 100% perfect for I was the original owner. I did a little research on this shop Slowhawk, what a nightmare. I read that they pay to have their negative comments removed from different forums. Things that I heard just to get the customer to pay more money on parts that had no issues. Like claiming that the pcm was locked so he could add a new one to the bill, that didn't need to be changed. I know for a fact that PCM was never locked. What a piece of SH^T. Glad you got that car out of there.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:13 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Sponge Vette
I can vouch that the vehicle was 100% perfect for I was the original owner. I did a little research on this shop Slowhawk, what a nightmare. I read that they pay to have their negative comments removed from different forums. Things that I heard just to get the customer to pay more money on parts that had no issues. Like claiming that the pcm was locked so he could add a new one to the bill, that didn't need to be changed. I know for a fact that PCM was never locked. What a piece of SH^T. Glad you got that car out of there.
Thanx sebastian for your support...This has been a very stressful situation for my gf and i and its just a shame this had to happen to us..
My first impression of this shop was very bad when we delivered car being he acted like we were not standing there he was bashing other shops wich is very unprofessional and seemed like he had no idea how to work on car making calls to someone for advice..was gonna pull car first day but since i saw his reviews i figured give it a shot..was a huge mistake

Last edited by blown81bu; 04-03-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Turbo Bob
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Corvette Challenge Champ-01
Dragster Challenge Champ-06

Originally Posted by blown81bu
Thanx sebastian for your support...This has been a very stressful situation for my gf and i and its just a shame this had to happen to us..
My first impression of this shop was very bad when we delivered car being he acted like we were not standing there he was bashing other shops wich is very unprofessional and seemed like he had no idea how to work on car making calls to someone for advice..was gonna pull car first day but since i saw his reviews i figured give it a shot..was a huge mistake
One thing I have to say, we learn from our mistakes. It is time to put this bad experience with Slowhawk behind you and move forward with the car.

It is very unfortunate as customers that we have to endure such bad situations with all types of shops, but it is part of the learning experience.

Time to move on Paul and put this whole thing behind you.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:54 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Why would any shop remove any bodywork to do a cam replacement?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:12 PM
skydiven4fun
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Man, I would be unhinged, I hate reading stuff like this, when I bought my car I was not as informed as I should have been especially when it came to shops, I was lucky I found a great one Englandgreen, it's a shame that people have to worry about this kind of stuff.

Good luck getting your ride squared away.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:51 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

WOW ALOT MORE LIES

IS THIS WHY YOUR A JANITOR FULL TIME AND WORK ON CARS PART TIME?
YOUR WORK ETHICS ARE HORRIBLE U CAUSED 1000S IN DAMAGE ON MY CAR AND YOU CAN HAVE YOUR OLD JUNK YARD YELLOW WRITING COMPUTER BACK CAUSE WE DID NOT USE YOUR DUM *** TUNE

U SAID U WERE GONNA PARK MY CAR IN THE MUD NEXT TO MY OPEN TRAILER AND DRIVE THE VETTE IN THE RAIN TO A DEALER FAR AWAY CAUSE U DONT HAVE TOOLS TO WORK ON MY CAR

u used a used cv boot..really???

u wash cars with water no soap??

u grind metal on top of customers cars?

U bash jannetty racing and ECS to the max..???

u broke my tensioner it was new

U CLEARENCED MY CONTROL ARMS UNEAVENLY AND DID A FAR CRAP JOB I DID IT THE PROFESSIONAL WAY ON A BRIDGEPORT AND THEY WERE FINE U DIDNT NEED TO CLEARENCE THEM MORE WITH A GRINDER

U SAID A WEEK TO CHANGE A BELT..REALLY???AFTER THAT I HAD ENOUGH AND ENOUGH STRESS FROM U AND THAT SILLY LAUGH U HAVE

U REALLY ARE FAR BETTER CLEANING TIOLETS

Last edited by blown81bu; 04-03-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Atv Pro
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can't pay to play stfu. You want to play in the big leagues you need to pay your bill and quit whining. I don't know who you think you are but you are not a big shot. Just a nickel and dime local guy. How do you expect anyone to cater to you. You drive an 11 year old corvette.... Not a 7 figure car.

Honesty, get a grip, look at how ridiculous you look, and get on some meds for crying out loud.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:50 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Atv Pro
If you can't pay to play stfu. You want to play in the big leagues you need to pay your bill and quit whining. I don't know who you think you are but you are not a big shot. Just a nickel and dime local guy. How do you expect anyone to cater to you. You drive an 11 year old corvette.... Not a 7 figure car.

Honesty, get a grip, look at how ridiculous you look, and get on some meds for crying out loud.
i been playing in the big leagues long time bud
Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Atv Pro
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by blown81bu
i been playing in the big leagues long time bud
If you talking about the Malibu, yup, fast as hell but in the past pal. Wanna share some high school football stories too?

If your car is so mint why on earth is it on an open trailer? I don't transport my golf cart in an open trailer and that's less then mint.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:57 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bigstrings
so. Is this what this is? An insult forum? You, first of all are way out of line. The "metal shavings" are the car may have been there from grinding the control arms, when you used compressed air to clean an area, stuff does move around. I will say that i do remember a defect in the dash the minute i moved the car in, but i guess there is no argument because you have pictures???? I think the post was just posted to give the other side to the story. The original belt squealed like hell, and when you dyno with a hood open, your immaculate, covered in oil supercharger and bracket/pulley combo could have easy shot specs onto the car. Countless times, we have paid for cars to be detailed on big jobs once it is complete , leaving the customer and the consumer happy. Countless times you were coming to take the car, so we left it at that. No point in detailing a car until the work is finished. There really is no need to insult people, no one has said the your douche colored car could be an extension of your member, or the fact that you have a reputation throughout the repair community, of being a pain to do business with. Do i believe the crank bolt was loose? No, when your in there, it gets done. When you threaten a shop by saying "im coming to get the car!", ok , do you want it outside? Or the " man, you need to do whatever it takes, stay late, work sundays, whatever you have to do. My car is a priority!" What do i tell my scheduled customers? do i blow them off to finish your Gem? hows that for service? You deal with that, and see how that cant get on your nerves. You also wanted to handle the converter transaction yourself, which surprisingly took longer than expected to arrive. Thats on us? Be sure to tell the whole story, and although you suffer from Napolean complex, we are all men here, so lets keep it that way. Paul, this is Nick. I worked on your car. I have no reason to bs you. Im still going to get and
whatever it is i dont appreciate u guys telling my shop i owe money when i have over 3000k in damages and your boss don admits to me he cut the dash with a razor in his pocket??? and opened the door on a jack stand??
so u just admitted all the metal chips
paint touch up your mess ups?
have to do heavy detail cause u guys are slobs?
Unacceptable....
I moved on and thank god i did

Last edited by blown81bu; 04-03-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:19 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bigstrings
Metal shavings werent dumped on the car. If thats where they laid, they probably would have been cleaned, when we had the car cleaned as a courtesy. 3000$ damage? Couldnt tell ya, but lets all move on.
agree move on take care
Old 04-04-2014, 11:34 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

I try and move on from this mess and mr kinder has nothing better to do and call everyone and whine like a bitch...
Dude no one wants to hear your sob story move on man....big baby
Old 04-04-2014, 02:17 PM
prickinablkcar
1st Gear

Paul ,

You Sir are the worst type of Customer. Not Only do you HIDE behind a keyboard and spew half truths but you commit several other practices by types like yourself.
You go to a restaurant bring your own steak and then complain how it was marinated? That is what your car is like. It has work done and then you jump to a shop and expect your Big Egotistical ways to push and have everything fixed for free or close to it.
You expect your car to go before others just because its your car. You Order Your own Parts while its at the shop and then complain about a set time frame.
You Demand that your car be kept inside and even covered but trailer it on an open trailer.

And Last but Not Least

You Show up when the car is not finished and take your car without paying .

I say good riddance your name and your yellow canary vette with mirror covers is known by many a shop and cant wait to read the additional sob stories as others attempt to rectify your car.

Get notified of new replies

To how much labor to swap converter and cam

Old 04-04-2014, 03:31 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by prickinablkcar
Paul ,

You Sir are the worst type of Customer. Not Only do you HIDE behind a keyboard and spew half truths but you commit several other practices by types like yourself.
You go to a restaurant bring your own steak and then complain how it was marinated? That is what your car is like. It has work done and then you jump to a shop and expect your Big Egotistical ways to push and have everything fixed for free or close to it.
You expect your car to go before others just because its your car. You Order Your own Parts while its at the shop and then complain about a set time frame.
You Demand that your car be kept inside and even covered but trailer it on an open trailer.

And Last but Not Least

You Show up when the car is not finished and take your car without paying .

I say good riddance your name and your yellow canary vette with mirror covers is known by many a shop and cant wait to read the additional sob stories as others attempt to rectify your car.
whatever dude u come on corvette forum with a brand new profile and talk behind close doors..
Im for real and my car was abused by Mr kinder shop if thats not u speaking here i bellieve it cause your so weird and freaky
I paid my bill with 2000 more than enough for all the damages Mr Kinder caused
Slowhawk Performace is a Part time shop thinking there the best on the planet ...nothing but bashers..hackers and grease monkeys
I made a huge mistake going there and were i took the car was a complete turn around
They took the car in professionally and did it in a timely manner 3 days!! Not months jus sitting in the corner for a belt
And of course there Paid in Full like slowhawk is or more like Over paid for all his stupidity and stress he caused and damages that are all documented and again that stupid laugh

Last edited by blown81bu; 04-04-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:38 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

I call out any one of slowhawks corvettes to a match race???

O thats right he lost the oppurtunity to represent one of the baddest street corvettes in the nort east....

seat been taken
Old 04-04-2014, 03:56 PM
joe11204
Procharged F1X 7.18 @ 197
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: how much labor to swap converter and cam