Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Crappy buying experience.....Any suggestions???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Shadow9
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here it is......I think!!!
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Shadow9
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sailfun
I would still take the dealer to small claims court and sue for the difference. You only have to tilt the evidence 51% in your favor. I see lots of things you can bring up to the judge. I think you stand a good chance of winning.
This is the only option I'm still weighing. I think I could prevail in this option just because the judge would see what kind of person this guy is.

BTW, the guy I dealt with is the actual owner of this business not a sales person.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Mecholova
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow9

Too funny. You must be the dungeonmaster of this forum.
Id poke it with the 10' pole and check for poison. Then ready magic missle!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 4,120 Likes on 1,751 Posts

Gorgeous ride!

Congrats Shadow.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,046 Likes on 2,913 Posts

Very sharp looking new Corvette!

Old 03-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Art-2008
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Nice...............most of us can understand why you "jumped" at the chance to get it!

By the way, I ordered a 1LT (Z51) because I WANTED the additional simplicity of a 1LT. Enjoy your beautiful ride, there are people who paid a lot more for one.

P.S. Take the guy's $750 and put a nice set of full length red racing stripes on her.

Last edited by Art-2008; 03-23-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Shadow9
Instructor

Thx guys. I love it. I put a black stinger stripe on it and I looking for black wheels. The picture shows the roof off. That's the only way my wife will ride in it. Haha. It's all white. I'm looking at a set of black MOTEGI MR120's. Anybody know anything about these wheels??
Old 03-23-2014, 09:01 PM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

Your above statement is not true. I found out yesterday that an independent dealer can sell a new car. That dealer in MI assigned it to the independent dealer in Florida. When I bought it the independent dealer registered the car directly to me. It shows used because it can only show new from the franchised dealer. I didn't by it from the dealer in Michigan. I did a carfax yesterday and my car shows as a one owner car to me. It was never registered to anyone else.
no, your wrong, straight from Florida DMV web site, Independent dealer can only sell used cars. Here it is:
Motor Vehicle Dealer

When you apply for a license, you'll need to specify which type you need:

Independent Dealer: allows you to deal in used motor vehicles only, for retail or wholesale sales.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:51 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Could have been worse, at least you didnt send your life savings to a Nigerian prince or someone you met on a dating site. You got a nice looking car..

Remember a lot of people paid 5K over msrp and my guess is they thought the dealer markup was something official from GM. And most likely they are still happy with their cars. I paid msrp for mine, mostly because I was being lazy and bought local, still love the car though..
Old 03-23-2014, 09:54 PM
Shadow9
Instructor

Originally Posted by kp
Could have been worse, at least you didnt send your life savings to a Nigerian prince or someone you met on a dating site. You got a nice looking car..

Remember a lot of people paid 5K over msrp and my guess is they thought the dealer markup was something official from GM. And most likely they are still happy with their cars. I paid msrp for mine, mostly because I was being lazy and bought local, still love the car though..
Thx. You know with the price increase of the 1LT of $2k I didn't get hurt too bad.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:20 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

I wonder if there is anything you have to do in terms of registering the warranty. Since new cars are sold by franchise dealers, this is already taken care of, but what about a case like this? In service dates, and mileage verification and such? I would hate for you to have an issue or the like, get to the dealer, then find that there is a problem with the warranty not being issued to you.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:24 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses
I wonder if there is anything you have to do in terms of registering the warranty. Since new cars are sold by franchise dealers, this is already taken care of, but what about a case like this? In service dates, and mileage verification and such? I would hate for you to have an issue or the like, get to the dealer, then find that there is a problem with the warranty not being issued to you.
I would want to make sure the paperwork trail is clean but if it is GM shouldn't give him any problem on warranty coverage. But deals like these where a "new" vehicle is sold outside the normal channel can throw a wrench into "lemon law" and other consumer protections of the sort.

I have knowingly purchased a couple of pretty expensive gray market Canon camera lens (intended for sale in Asia) because the discount was worth it to me and the potential for warranty issues was low but for really expensive or complex stuff I stick with authorized dealers.

The OP has a beautiful car and through sharing his experience he has made others more careful. I would still follow up with GM because if an authorized dealer is systematically transferring cars for resale somebody is going to have some explaining to do.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:13 AM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

My comment may sound different than many, but if you could afford the $60K, trying to get a couple grand back, will cause you so much headache that could ruin the pleasure of having the brand new car. We all make mistake. This was the price to pay for learning something new. His Karma will do him justice, and you go on and enjoy the car.

I know it's a matter of principle, but the aggravation is not worth it. Sometime walking away is winning in the long run.
Hope this puts a different perspective to things.

In any event, congratulation on a great car!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Waytofastvette2006
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just wanted to let you know something.

I am a used car dealer that just purchased a new c7. Being that I am a ( B ) meaning used and not a ( A ) dealer meaning new I had to pay sales tax. Since the car was brand new.

I looked into this trust me the tax was $3900 for me. So I'm curious did this used dealer pay the tax on this new vehicle then sell it to you ?

Smells like something fishy to me. He might be bending the rules somehow you could use this as potential leverage if you catch him breaking a law somewhere along the line.

Now if he's a new car dealer or runs the paper through a new car dealer this would be a different story.

I sure wish I wouldn't have had to pay the sales tax.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:43 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,583 Posts

i
Thx. You know with the price increase of the 1LT of $2k I didn't get hurt too bad.
Nice car and you got the rear spoiler.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:18 AM
c5zee
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :)

Nice car, I can see why it was hard not to fall in love and return it immediately when you had the chance, but that's probably what you should have done, after doing some very hard launches and burning up the tires of course...
Old 03-24-2014, 12:18 PM
cyberay
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the time and the inclination take it to small claims court. In my limited experience in small claims court I've found that the law is often secondary to the circumstances. I liken it more to a "Judge Judy" court where the judge can be swayed by argument regardless of the law. Oftentimes, a compromise judgement is given. The cost is minimal, and I believe but am not sure, that the loser can be held responsible for them. Satisfaction, an intangible, may be worth it to you. Nobody on this forum, regardless of how smart they think they are, can tell you with certainty that you have no case.

Ray

Get notified of new replies

To Crappy buying experience.....Any suggestions???

Old 03-24-2014, 02:03 PM
Mdbrown9
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks
My comment may sound different than many, but if you could afford the $60K, trying to get a couple grand back, will cause you so much headache that could ruin the pleasure of having the brand new car. We all make mistake. This was the price to pay for learning something new. His Karma will do him justice, and you go on and enjoy the car.

I know it's a matter of principle, but the aggravation is not worth it. Sometime walking away is winning in the long run.
Hope this puts a different perspective to things.

In any event, congratulation on a great car!!!

well said
Old 03-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Sailfun
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdbrown9

well said
Small claims court is simple and requires only a filing fee. Usually 75.00 or so. He will have to take a day of his time. Well worth it!
Old 03-24-2014, 02:57 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Sailfun
Small claims court is simple and requires only a filing fee. Usually 75.00 or so. He will have to take a day of his time. Well worth it!
Thats if he wins, two sides to every story. One thing for sure about courts is they are comprised of human beings, which can become pretty unpredictable at times.

There are no guarantees, if you have the time and nothing to lose why not but I probably would not do it. Sometimes life lessons cost you money..

Quick Reply: Crappy buying experience.....Any suggestions???