Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

MacMulkin DOESN'T deliver

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 04:23 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 99 Posts
Default MacMulkin DOESN'T deliver

While I've had no luck with any other forum dealers, these guys are incredible--and not in a good way.

I started emailing with Tommy JR about 3 weeks ago. Forget talking to him, he wants to do everything via email...fine. So if you want to have a conversation, it takes 1 week as he replies in 24 hours. Back and forth, back and forth.

Gave him my phone number 4-5 times, called left voicemail with my phone number (over 3 weeks time frame), nothing. How can anyone buy from these guys when they don't take care of business??

I've never worked so hard to spend $60K in my life--just horrible. I told Tommy JR I', ready to order here's my number---reply---nothing.

Have found these forum dealers not great at all (as many have NEVER returned an email). I'm sure many of you have had a great experience, but wow, I won't spend my money with a dealer who doesn't want my business.

The whole "hey they are busy--give them a break"--WHAT! Newsflash, I'm busy too!!

Certainly doesn't make me want to buy a C7, or at least until things calm down.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:28 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Try Ken Fichtner.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:29 PM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 515 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by texex91
While I've had no luck with any other forum dealers, these guys are incredible--and not in a good way.

I started emailing with Tommy JR about 3 weeks ago. Forget talking to him, he wants to do everything via email...fine. So if you want to have a conversation, it takes 1 week as he replies in 24 hours. Back and forth, back and forth.

Gave him my phone number 4-5 times, called left voicemail with my phone number (over 3 weeks time frame), nothing. How can anyone buy from these guys when they don't take care of business??

I've never worked so hard to spend $60K in my life--just horrible. I told Tommy JR I', ready to order here's my number---reply---nothing.

Have found these forum dealers not great at all (as many have NEVER returned an email). I'm sure many of you have had a great experience, but wow, I won't spend my money with a dealer who doesn't want my business.

The whole "hey they are busy--give them a break"--WHAT! Newsflash, I'm busy too!!

I would not feed these monsters. Bigger is not always better.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:30 PM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Originally Posted by -CM-
Try Ken Fichtner.
Ken will get right back to you.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:32 PM
BBMedic
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmcdude
I would not feed these monsters. Bigger is not always better.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:35 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,492 Likes on 1,953 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

maybe you really don't want to buy, anyway? maybe it's karma and the way it should be? maybe the car you get would be a bad example and you'd have all kinds of issues? stay with whatever you have.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:38 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AORoads
maybe you really don't want to buy, anyway? maybe it's karma and the way it should be? maybe the car you get would be a bad example and you'd have all kinds of issues? stay with whatever you have.
Okay, you're helpful...you work at MacMulkin?

I want the C7, I can't get anyone to take my order. But thanks.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:48 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

It may take Tommy a day to get back, but he will contact you. As mentioned, Ken Fitchner can help you, as well as Rick Conti, Bob Clegg at Stasek, or Mike Furman.
Rick was the first to return my call, but all of the names above got back to me within a day or two.
Of course, if you just want someone to take your money...........
Hang in there and try not to get too frustrated. It'll be worth it.
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,492 Likes on 1,953 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

quite welcome! you work at UT?
Stepa j
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This won't end well. My crystal ball tells me all the others with similar experiences will chime in. Then the defenders will come in and tell you how wrong you are and the thread will be locked in a day. Just a hunch.

Don't get to discouraged. Many have been down the same road, but it is worth it. The car really is fantastic. Why not try another forum dealer?
Old 01-31-2014, 04:52 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Stepa j
This won't end well. My crystal ball tells me all the others with similar experiences will chime in. Then the defenders will come in and tell you how wrong you are and the thread will be locked in a day. Just a hunch.

Don't get to discouraged. Many have been down the same road, but it is worth it. The car really is fantastic. Why not try another forum dealer?
Not meant to do that at all...this was my experience and not bashing. Telling the truth sometimes hurts.

And yes, I will not give up, as I've purchased my last 911 and ready for the C7
Old 01-31-2014, 04:55 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I dealt with Amoni at Kerbeck and he was great, very responsive and readily available via both by email and phone. They had the car I was after in route to them from GM. They made the purchase an easy one as well. I referred another forum member to Amoni just the other day and he has been taken care of as well and is waiting for his new car to arrive. They have a huge inventory with many cars in route. You might want to contact him to see if he has what you are after. His number is: 609-344-2100. Tell Him Scott from Simi Valley referred you.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:57 PM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

I had great luck with Ken, no so much with some other forum dealers who were not responsive.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:06 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,532 Likes on 1,029 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Stasek has 19 cars...
Old 01-31-2014, 05:08 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by slief
I dealt with Amoni at Kerbeck and he was great, very responsive and readily available via both by email and phone. They had the car I was after in route to them from GM. They made the purchase an easy one as well. I referred another forum member to Amoni just the other day and he has been taken care of as well and is waiting for his new car to arrive. They have a huge inventory with many cars in route. You might want to contact him to see if he has what you are after. His number is: 609-344-2100. Tell Him Scott from Simi Valley referred you.
Yeah, they aren't discounting that much unfortunately. But I might try again.

Originally Posted by teejake
I had great luck with Ken, no so much with some other forum dealers who were not responsive.
Email sent...

Originally Posted by Quick Silver Z
Stasek has 19 cars...
I want to do courtesy delivery to local dealer straight from factory--i.e. order one. No need for extra shipping (and probably don't have my exact config)--but I'll look. Thanks for heads-up.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:19 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by texex91

I live this story every day.

I work for a software company as top tier support. It is my goal that every email is responded to within 5 minutes. Anything within 15 minutes is fair, and if it's going to be longer, we send an email explaining when we plan to have the answers. We never hesitate to pick up the phone, and GoToMeeting is an invaluable tool.

We are a dying breed. I constantly deal with companies that think any answer within a week is fair. They think if they don't respond, I'll just send another request if it's 'really' important.

It's a real shame that customer service as a whole is not more responsive. I honestly believe that my work is easier by staying on top of things. I wish more companies felt the same.

I love the C7. I hope to order a Z06 when they become available. Hopefully, I will find a forum dealer that follows my standards for service and support. I hope you find one too, and post about it so I know where to shop when the time comes. (I will definitely be giving the forum vendors their shot at my business).
Old 01-31-2014, 05:25 PM
TX Navy Vet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are plenty out there that will do you right... I am surprised you couldn't find one local in Austin.... I'm sure there are some allocations floating around Houston or Dallas.....

I wish you the best of luck.

and....

If MacMulkin is a forum sponsor you can start counting down until the thread is "closed for review"....

Get notified of new replies

To MacMulkin DOESN'T deliver

Old 01-31-2014, 05:27 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

One forum dealer ignored my emails, twice. I walked.

Mike Furman at Criswell has returned every email I sent, quickly. I placed my deposit with Mike. I have a high expectations, and my instinct says Mike will meet or exceed them.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:28 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TX Navy Vet
There are plenty out there that will do you right... I am surprised you couldn't find one local in Austin.... I'm sure there are some allocations floating around Houston or Dallas.....

I wish you the best of luck.

and....

If MacMulkin is a forum sponsor you can start counting down until the thread is "closed for review"....

Texas dealers have 2015 allocations no 2014. And that's sad if thread is closed as one simply shares their honest account of the past three weeks. So, we only want forum members to hear the good, not the truth. Hmmm, sounds like the govt.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:32 PM
hogpup
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
This was about a dumb answer. give the guy a break, I agree with him, I have never seen so many dealers that could care less about someone trying to spend 60 to 70K

Quick Reply: MacMulkin DOESN'T deliver