Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Hinson Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Default Hinson Motorsports

I ordered some pushrods and engine mounts from them on the evening of 11/26. In the afternoon of the following day, I got an email from Brian stating my pushrods would come directly from the manufacturer and that there was a 5-10 day wait for their shorter engine mounts. Their site did not mention they were special order nor did it mention the engine mounts were back ordered. Oh well..

12/3 - I emailed Brian asking for any sort of timeframe on the pushrods.
12/4 - No reply.
12/5 - I emailed Brian and sales@hinsonsupercars.com.
12/6 - No reply once again, so I emailed Brian, sales and David.
12/7 - Saturday.
12/8 - Sunday.
12/9 - Still.. no reply. I emailed the pushrod manufacturer and voila.. I got a tracking number. In fact, UPS had already delivered the pushrods, but not to my house. I found them on my neighbor's doorstep today.

I didn't hear back from them until I sent a nasti-gram email telling them I was irritated with the lack of attentiveness to my emails. At this point, it had been a week since I inquired about the pushrods. Had I not contacted the manufacturer, my neighbor might still have them sitting on his porch.

As I mentioned, I heard back from them today. Brian told me that the engine mounts have no 'hard ETA' which sounds to me like.. "You'll get them when you get them." They offered to refund my money on the mounts which I accepted. It has been 9 business days into their 5-10 day estimation on the engine mounts, and they still couldn't tell me when they'll ship.

My only suggestion to others considering buying parts from them is... to place orders with them on the phone. They apparently don't like to respond to emails.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:56 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ouch!!!

Seems like I am in the same boat.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:03 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

I just attempted to call them at both 205-267-6387 and 205-909-9402, and both lines seem to be dead.

I thought they were a supporting vendor on this forum??!!!
Old 12-13-2013, 06:07 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

wowo..wont buy there
Old 12-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Zo6Sel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put in an order for the short mounts last Wednesday (12/11/13) paid for 2 day shipping and got a call the next day saying they weren't in stock but they should be there by the end of the week. The lady promised shed call me as soon as they came in to let me know they shipped. I didn't get a call but I'm planning on contacting them Monday to see what's going on. I may just cancel the order after hearing all of the stuff I've heard about them. I also contacted them about the fitment of a throttle body, they didn't know the answer off hand and once again promised to call me back and never did. Called them two separate times on that issue and they never gave me an answer.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:55 AM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

My order was placed on 11/23/13 and I received a similar call 2 days later saying the engine and transmission mounts are not in stock and it would ship out in 2 weeks. I hadn't received a tracking number so I emailed David and the general info email address several times with no response. I attempted to call both numbers listed on their signature and site, but neither number seems to be functioning. It doesn't even ring!!

I paid through Paypal on my Amex so I should be able to file a claim.

Last edited by skxf430; 12-15-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Zo6Sel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just talked to Bridget from Hinson and she seems like a very nice lady and wanting to help. She told me that ups was states that the delivery should be there by the end of the day Wednesday and that she would get them and throw them in a box immediately and get them sent out to me. I guess well see what happens on Wednesday... Also I got ahold of them right away on the 9402 number
Old 12-17-2013, 06:24 PM
didntdoit11
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

they also charge $17 for fed x shipping and put it in a 5 flat rate box and send it USPS... i had called them on it and they said in so many words OH WELL.

Get notified of new replies

To Hinson Motorsports

Quick Reply: Hinson Motorsports