Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Unbelievable Attrocious Customer No-Service!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 03:08 PM
drtonyprimo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Unbelievable Attrocious Customer No-Service!!!

I'm having major issues with a Salesman & Dealership that I purchased my car from. They are "worshiped" on this Forum so I'm not prepared to identify them at this time.

I contacted this Salesman after recommendations from this Forum. He made an easy commission...... I sent him a Deposit, he placed my order, I sent him the $$$, my car was delivered. All via phone & email!

I have had MANY issues with this guy......both personal & professional.....but neither he nor I were in this to make friends. I wanted to buy a the car.....he wanted to sell one...And since I am out of state.......will NEVER benefit from their service department. Enough said......

My issue...... I ordered a Outdoor Car Cover ($400+) and the Battery Package ($100) and NEITHER were included in the delivery when the car arrived at my home.

Immediately upon delivery......I contacted the Salesman and told him about the lack of the cover and he replied......"The Cover comes from our Parts Department and will be sent separately".

After a period of time.....I contacted him again.....this time he tells me...."Check the Dealer you were going to have the Courtesy Delivery with and their Parts Department probably has the cover".

As an aside.....I was going to have the car shipped via the factory to the Courtesy Delivery dealership but there was a screw up (he said/she said) and the car was shipped instead to the dealer that I placed the order with. They in turn hired a company to deliver the car to my home. Anyway.....I called the local dealer and they had no record.

At this point......I am beyond pissed and things get nasty. The salesman no longer communicating with me.....and now its the General Sales Manager.

I stated to both the salesman and the Sales Manager.....either send me the Car Cover or send me a refund!

The Sales Manager then informs me that they can NOT refund my money because its not THEIR issue but that its a GM issue and GM would need to refund the cash!

As an aside....... TWO (2) checks in the amount of $72K were made out DIRECTLY TO THE DEALERSHIP and not GM??!!!!

He said my issue is with GM and not his dealerhip......can you believe that ********???

And to add insult to injury.......I had become so focused on not receiving the Car Cover....that I completely forgot I had ordered the Battery Protection Package also!!! So yesterday.....I went looking for it and even in the "Cubby Hole" in the trunk......and they didnt' send the charger also!!!

What is my recourse if any???

Can someone provide me with the GM Customer Service number that those two females are alway on this site???

Bottom line........ I paid over $500 for a Car Cover & Battery Charger and never received them (not disputed by my dealership).

And all I want is either the merchandise or refund!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:19 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

if you look at the thread re a premium car delivered and the poster saying it's missing things, the follow on posts state that these things should be at the parts dept. and are, in fact, installed at the dealer. I've also seen/heard of a car cover delivered to the dealer AFTER the car was picked up, and the salesperson was taking charge and mailing it to the new car owner.

that said, I do believe that something got messed up in your case. you may want to put your selling dealer in touch with your courtesy delivery dealer for them to work it out. and get out of the middle of it. just a suggestion.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:19 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

If you're having an issue with a vendor, send a PM to a Moderator or Administrator and someone from the Forum will likely try to assist you resolve it.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:25 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep spreading the word. Others when they deal with this dealer and ordered
what you will make a special point to bring it up in there negotiations. After
having it drilled into a pea brain salesman, you might get results. Also contact
gm, other forums, better business, etc, etc. The internet is a very good tool
for spreading the word
Old 10-24-2013, 03:35 PM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GM's post purchase satisfaction survey is another place to voice your displeasure if it doesn't get resolved. That will get their attention for sure.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

My dealer told me the last C7 that was ordered with a cover and some other things the parts showed up two weeks later.

Call the selling dealers parts dept and ask the parts manager if any items were shipped in for your VIN number. The VIN of your car will be on the boxes.

Last edited by Corvette ED; 10-24-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:55 PM
USAF
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Name the worshipped dealer.
Nothing scares a dealer like people walking in saying "I'm not sure if I want to buy here. You screwed a guy I know."

USAF
Old 10-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by USAF
Name the worshipped dealer.
Nothing scares a dealer like people walking in saying "I'm not sure if I want to buy here. You screwed a guy I know."

USAF
I wouldn't have the restraint that the OP has. If I got screwed over for a couple hundred bucks, all of my C7 brothers and sisters on this forum would know the dealers name .
Old 10-24-2013, 04:16 PM
DaveV
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default Name and Shame them

Your contract was with the dealership you paid the $$$ to, they should have done everything in there power to see your delivery was correct they should be chasing up the missing parts, i would like to know who this dealer is so i wont buy from them GM looks at this site every day and remember the last word is in your hands the C S I,index as we call it in the UK is the Customer Satisfaction Index they run the same in the USA whare the dealership is given money or allocation of new units depending on C S I results, so if you feel the service was appalling go for it. lol
Old 10-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Red Lightening
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call the nearest BBB office to the selling dealer and file a complaint. If nothing else they will get dinged by the BBB in there rating. What city is this Dealer in?
Old 10-24-2013, 04:22 PM
ttboost1
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Did you contact the parts department as he suggested for both items? Get an eta from them- or call GM and complain.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:23 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Old 10-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

C7 General is not the proper place for this thread per the following forum rule:

Unresolved disputes
The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. It should be posted in the Transactions Feedback section. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Lightening
Call the nearest BBB office to the selling dealer and file a complaint. If nothing else they will get dinged by the BBB in there rating. What city is this Dealer in?
Don't do that. Call the GM at the dealership, tell them your next step is BBB and other review and social media sites unless they can get you an answer.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:31 PM
NVMYRC51
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BBB and post the dealership name and the person you have dealt with. Guaranteed somebody here knows them and can inquire on your behalf. If you never identify the persons responsible for bad service the people that come after you will receive that same poor service. Letting people know and then when they take their business elsewhere, that gets peoples attention. You just spent 70k in their dealership and they want to act like that? That is a serious dent in their trust and credibility. POST EM UP!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:34 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by sajonf
GM's post purchase satisfaction survey is another place to voice your displeasure if it doesn't get resolved. That will get their attention for sure.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:39 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

closed....let us know when you want to post an actual dispute with pertinent information....all we have now is a rant. There is nothing keeping you from posting the dealership name. However we have rule for posting dispute threads as noted above. IF after following that course of action you find you are getting nowhere THEN come back and post a dispute. A rant serves no purpose except to get everyone up in arms and creates speculation and drama.

PM any moderator if you need assistance.

Get notified of new replies

To Unbelievable Attrocious Customer No-Service!!!

Quick Reply: Unbelievable Attrocious Customer No-Service!!!