Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

FS: Z07 Ace Slick Hyperblack Wheels and Tires [UPDATE ..Resolved see last post]

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Cross
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Z07 Ace Slick Hyperblack Wheels and Tires [UPDATE ..Resolved see last post]

I just removed these from my Vette, they have Nittot NT05 Tires on them 275/335. They are the 18 / 19 setup that clears C6Z Brakes. They are also incredibly light beating out the hickock forged wheels I just put on.

I will sell them without tires if you like, however my concern is shipping. I have never shipped rims and I have nothing to put them in. So if you really want me to ship I am going to need your help making it happen safely. Whatever method is used insurance is a must, I just don't want to see anything happen to them or either of us.

These rims have no marks or scuffing at all they are in excellent shape. The tires show wear esp. up front but they are fine I even have a full size spare tire for the front you can have.

I will also throw in a set of brand new red light weight lug nuts that I never used because well I wanted black not red.

I am asking 750 for the whole set. If using Paypal I would like any fee's etc that they would charge me.

Here are a few pictures sorry I will get better ones once I get them home.
Attached Images     

Last edited by Cross; 10-17-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Vinny 2001
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Do these have TPMS installed?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Cross
Pro

They do but I have them removing them so they can go in my new wheels.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Mike the 98 vetteman
Advanced

I am interested please give me a call 415 7079123
Old 10-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Cross
Pro

Pending to Mike.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

I'm confused on the Hyperblack. What color are they?
Old 10-16-2013, 01:46 AM
ljthe2nd
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Cross
Pro

Hyperblack is the color of the rims. IDK maybe some really hyper kid was jumping around mixing paints when they made this color so they called it that.

I have not gotten payment from Mike so it appears these may be back up for sale.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

What do they weigh?
The question is more performance related rather than shipping.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Cross
Pro

Let me try to find accurate numbers but to give you an example the 17/18 hickock 1 piece forged wheels in my signature weighed more. Now that was with tires on but I tested front vs front since they were the closest in size and it was a very noticeable difference. I almost put them back on but the new wheels just look so good lol.

Information I have found so far:
http://www.acealloywheel.com/Corvett...es_1_1026.html
http://www.corvettegarage.com/produc...5-and-z06.html
18 x 9.5" with a 53mm offset
19 x 11" with a 63mm offset

Last edited by Cross; 10-17-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:50 AM
Mike the 98 vetteman
Advanced

So I bought these rims and tires from this guy who labeled the rims mint no scratches then talked to him and he said the fronts were at 40% and rears 60% and including red lug nuts.

Long story short: 3" of what looks like curb rash, quite a few small dings that look to be down to the primer, a few lightish scratches, no red lug nuts, both front tires tread have wear exceeding the wear bars, rear tires are very close to or at the wear bars (Ill measure/pix), .... an the guy refuses to make an insurance claim with greyhound which was his recommended source of protection for both of us through this deal.

Short story long- in bullet points:

-He wants me to send the rims and tires back at my cost then refund me my money a net -$150 loss and a further potential -$885 loss for the money I spent to have the package insured and delivered for pick up which was today.

-His reasoning for refusal to make a claim is the recommendation of the above first bullet point and that greyhound will reject the claim outright and then establishing that since the packaging doesn't show any damage the claim will be denied. Furthermore stating that since I opened the package and discarded the packaging (I didnt discard it) that the evidence for a damage claim would again come back denied. Because of this he reasoned that making a damage claim would be worthless and irrational to peruse and therefore would not do it! Remember, he wanted to get adequate insurance to protect us :/ .. a main stated concern.

-He accused that it was reasonable for me to pay for $150 shipping back to him because he unannouncedly bestowed his obligation of shipping and insurance at the agreed upon rate of $150 to his brother who more that doubled the shipping cost to 300 something dollars!

-Tooth and Nail this guy argumentatively fought to have me send back the package at my cost with many complete refusals to make an insurance claim.

-This man spoke over me unintelligibly conjuring false narratives of my intentions through this deal which was lug nuts, tires at 60 and 40 percent, and rims mint for $885 adequately insured and shipped.

How does one hold one accountable on a forum like this for these types of transactions? Please respond I need help.

- The stated tire sizes for the fronts were 275s and they are 285s
- He told me he had the tire sensors removed and now he claims they are in the tires

Last edited by Mike the 98 vetteman; 10-28-2013 at 04:28 AM. Reason: grammers
Old 10-28-2013, 03:01 AM
Cross
Pro

Originally Posted by Mike the 98 vetteman
So I bought these rims and tires from this guy who labeled the rims mint no scratches then talked to him and he said the fronts were at 40% and rears 60% and including red lug nuts.

Long story short: 3" of what looks like curb rash, quite a few small dings that look to be down to the primer, a few lightish scratches, no red lug nuts, both front tires tread have wear exceeding the wear bars, rear tires are very close to or at the wear bars (Ill measure/pix), .... an the guy refuses to make an insurance claim with greyhound which was his recommended source of protection for both of us through this deal.

Short story long- in bullet points:

-He wants me to send the rims and tires back at my cost then refund me my money a net -$150 loss and a further potential -$885 loss for the money I spent to have the package insured and delivered for pick up which was today.

-His reasoning for refusal to make a claim is the recommendation of the above first bullet point and that greyhound will reject the claim outright and then establishing that since the packaging doesn't show any damage the claim will be denied. Furthermore stating that since I opened the package and discarded the packaging (I didnt discard it) that the evidence for a damage claim would again come back denied. Because of this he reasoned that making a damage claim would be worthless and irrational to peruse and therefore would not do it! Remember, he wanted to get adequate insurance to protect us :/ .. a main stated concern.

-He accused that it was reasonable for me to pay for $150 shipping back to him because he unannouncedly bestowed his obligation of shipping and insurance at the agreed upon rate of $150 to his brother who more that doubled the shipping cost to 300 something dollars!

-Tooth and Nail this guy argumentatively fought to have me send back the package at my cost with many complete refusals to make an insurance claim.

-This man spoke over me unintelligibly conjuring false narratives of my intentions through this deal which was lug nuts, tires at 60 and 40 percent, and rims mint for $885 adequately insured and shipped.

How does one hold one accountable on a forum like this for these types of transactions? Please respond I need help.

- The stated tire size for the front was 275 and it is a 285
- He told me he had the tire sensors removed and now he claims they are in the tires
I was not going to post until tomorrow if at all but since you posted instead of going to bed or just getting pictures I have decided to post my dealings with you but to make it short. (He told me he was just going to bed and did not want to talk further, trying to force me to do what he wanted)

--The story has changed quite a few times, the truth of the matter is that the buyer wants new tires and he wants insurance to pay for them. There is no damaging to the packaging nor the rims and I have pictures and witnesses to the rims condition before shipping them and how they were packaged damage in shipping was not possible which means the claim will be denied.
However this is what he wants.

--I offered within 10 minutes of Mike telling me there was an issue a full refund if he returned the rims. He refuses.
I am not sure what more I can do considering he called me at 9:30PM at night.

--I did forget the Lugnuts I offered to send them, they are sitting on the bench here at home, my fault no problem.

However for you to review here is my side of the story a complete break down and why I feel Mike is just trying to get insurance to give him money back which for some reason he thinks they will just do. Each rim was shipped separately and insured for 150 each to the agreed 600.00 insurasured amount.

This is my full account of what happened. Be warned its much longer than the above short version.

You know it seems if you run into an issue you run into a few of them.
First the Vette's new PRC heads are over ported and drop a valve on the morning of my wedding. The same day these rims are to be shipped.

Now today (almost 2 days behind the schedule of when they were supposed to arrive) the rims are damaged. I got 3 different stories but to be clear first these rims were shipped separately. They were packaged by first putting a fleece blanket (You know those shipping blankets from places like U-Haul) over each face of the rim then cut out cardboard and then shrink wrapped. They were then insured for 150 each.
Apparently they came in overweight costing over double the shipping cost which the seller was not expected to pay I just accepted it.
I was late getting them out due to the obvious issues with the Vette going down and my wedding/honeymoon. They went out Thursday not the Saturday before that I planned to (that the Vette went down) and that's my fault but the buyer was kept informed.

When I was called tonight I was told the tires were worn more than expected mainly and then that one of the star's had curb rash from concrete because these were packaged so well. Really surprised I told the buyer Mike to just send them back and I would give a full refund and that's where the resistance started...
Mike said he was not sure if they were insured and that he just wanted to file an insurance claim. Yet this is where things started getting strange. Suddenly the rims were scratched not curbed and he would be happy if we just filed a claim. I knew I took pictures of the rims before they left and they were inspected thoroughly with no damage certainly not curb rash.

I called him back less than 20 minutes later confirming each unit was insured but that from reading Grayhound's rules they first inspect each package that is shipped to ensure it was packaged in a way that would not allow damage. Considering the way these were packed they would have had to have significant damage to the packaging and it didn't sound like there was.
The first response was that they must have been and that now they were rock chipped down to the primer. (Curb Rash from Concrete to Rock Chips) When I explained that the packaging would have to show how the damage would have happened I was told they were no longer packed and it was gone. This is where he started getting upset, up to this point he just came off as annoyed because I really just wanted to get them back and refund him. I told him they need that packaging to see that it happened in route there has to be significant gouges in the packing material to have caused that damage.
At that point Mike misunderstood me and felt I meant the rims had to be significantly damaged and he felt they were going on to the paint chips and primer details again. This time I asked for pictures, I am awaiting those now. However I explained again I was talking about the packing material not the rims and suddenly the packing material was back he still had it. He would not go into detail on the damage though.

By this point I was pushed that did I not have insurance to which I decided to just be honest and tell him that these rims were not damaged when I shipped them and that I was not so sure they were damaged by shipment when I was told more than once how well they were packaged. I also brought up that Greyhound will want to see the packaging and at this point I believe they are going to deny the claim since they were packaged so well as I was told. This is where it seemed that things really went downhill.

To Mike he felt the insurance would just give him money even though I explained they will want to do the inspection and they will want to see those items as well as it most likely being issued to me. (I have dealt with UPS and FedEx not Greyhound though)
http://www.shipgreyhound.com/terms/
With everything stated I again told him I doubt this is going to happen which pisses him off asking me how would I know that turned into both of us trying to answer and going nowhere. When he finally listened I told him that UPS and FedEx have the same procedure he can look it up I am sure the forums have examples of damage in shipping and even when proved they don't always pay out. I asked him how more reasonable can I be offering to give a full refund what more can I do after 9:30PM on Sunday? Then he tells me he wants me to pay the return shipping of 150 (Mind you it cost me 380 to ship them to him) I told him I would split it once they got back to me, that again was not good enough. So to lay this out, I would be out 380 + his Refund + 75 and have to hope for a claim to be approved which I already expected not to happen.

At this point I was done, its late I am relaxing after my Honeymoon and doing my finals in a writing class I hated so I just let him know point blank that the wheels were not damaged when they left nor in shipping and I think he is lying because he wants new tires. (The first thing he complained about) I remind him that our original deal was based on a shipping cost of less than 160 and it went to 380 and I said nothing to him. I just took it.

I expected to get someone truly upset if they were not doing so, instead I got someone surprised I had said it but not upset. In fact I was again told this is what he wanted and he was going to get it. Obviously though at this point the conversation is going nowhere he wants the insurance and is convinced they will give him money that as he put it "I can use to get it (not them) re-powder coated or buy tires it’s not my business what he does with it." leading me to continue to believe this is going nowhere. I again offer for him to send them back and I will pay 75.00 he again pushes did I get insurance.

I tried once more to lay out what happens when they deny the claim to which he says so what. I asked him point blank look what do you want they are going to deny the claim most likely what is it you want? His reply is 300.00. The truth comes out he just wants money.

By this point I am done and so is he I am being told I will get pictures but he has to get to bed I tell him I am not going to just pay him I want the rims back.

Last edited by Cross; 10-28-2013 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Typo's Corrected.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:07 AM
Mike the 98 vetteman
Advanced

The truth is I want what I paid for and I paid for mint rims and they are not and to get those rims mint requires at least $300 I am guesstimating. Btw tires are cheap used and I get Michelin Pilot super sports 295 30 19 +90% two for $270 no patches.

Rational people please follow up! Am I in some kinda negative vortex or is this guy unreasonable? or both?... and btw I forgot the best part :/ I have the tracking info they gave me for the package and asked how much they were insured for and they showed me on the ticket it was $5 for all rims/tires!!!!!! That is exactly what they pointed to and said and I have a picture of the ticket which I am now going to post. I am just stating what greyhound told to me. His brother apparently did not get insurance ..?!

Please check out my album and let me know what you reasonable people think about this situation and possible solutions.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...cks-37735.html

the link keeps getting canceled and I have to edit copy and paste a new link to work. If it doesnt work go to albums and search 'damaged ace slicks' so I dont have to continue to monitor whether or not the link is getting canceled out somehow

Click left button to see worst pictures first

I have confirmed that both rear tire also have tread line at wear bars- I will post pictures when I get the measuring tool.

Last edited by Mike the 98 vetteman; 10-28-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: why does this link keep getting canceled out?
Old 10-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Cross
Pro

Originally Posted by Mike the 98 vetteman
The truth is I want what I paid for and I paid for mint rims and they are not and to get those rims mint requires at least $300 I am guesstimating. Btw tires are cheap used and I get Michelin Pilot super sports 295 30 19 +90% two for $270 no patches.

Rational people please follow up! Am I in some kinda negative vortex or is this guy unreasonable? or both?... and btw I forgot the best part :/ I have the tracking info they gave me for the package and asked how much they were insured for and they showed me on the ticket it was $5 for all rims/tires!!!!!! That is exactly what they pointed to and said and I have a picture of the ticket which I am now going to post. I am just stating what greyhound told to me. His brother apparently did not get insurance ..?!

Please check out my album and let me know what you reasonable people think about this situation and possible solutions.

Click left button to see worst pictures first

I have confirmed that both rear tire also have tread line at wear bars- I will post pictures when I get the measuring tool.
Pictures are not working.

5 dollars per rim is probably what insurance cost per item not that they were insured for 5.00 each that would be absurd. Insurance is normally not really expensive such as with USPS where it is a 1.00 per 100.00 insured I believe.

What still gets me is you tell me you can no longer talk yet you get off the phone and post all this until 1PM staying up for hours. Oddly enough these pictures have not been emailed to me as promised but if they work here thats fine and you can call the album bait and switch all you want I have clearly stated multiple times that they are insured for the agreed to amount.

The point is and always will be your story has changed multiple times, I never said I would not file an insurance claim I said I need proof and offered a full refund. When things kept changing with you I told you flat out how Greyhound will most likely handle the issue.

Insurance does not just mean you get money if you want it, they have to find damage and from the start you have said the packing was excellent.

Here is the packing process, when these rims were packed up again it was a layer of fleece packing blanket on each side, then cardboard cut outs taped to the wheel and then each wheel was excessively shrink wrapped. The Shrink wrap was provided by a local business who helped me do all this they to saw the rims and their condition. No Curb Rash nothing at all.

So at this point the fact that I offered a full refund within 10 minutes and that is not good enough for you and you keep changing the story and I still don't have what I need to file a claim on my end just means that when I get into work today I will be calling to see what they think but at this point I do not have anything to even file said requested claim. (My personal belief aside that they are going to deny the claim) So what more is it you expect me to do?

We disagree about the damage, and personally I feel that something is just not right here. However I immediately offered a refund and that's not what you wanted. I have been able to see the pictures now and I see the mark you're talking about on the star now. I assure you that was not there when I sent them. If it was I would have told you just like I was 100% upfront on why not to send payments as a gift or that they have to be insured. But unless there is damage to the packing material (And you kept telling me how well they were packed, even you said you didn't think they were damaged in shipping at first) I just don't see how you think this is going to get you a resolved situation? It is just going to mean that after the probably 2-6 weeks it takes them to make a decision we will just be right back here with the same issue. This is why I offered a complete refund.

I will still process the claim since that is what you want but it does nothing to solve the issue of what next if they deny it?

Last edited by Cross; 10-28-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:06 PM
tacman
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '13

This oughta be good...
Old 10-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

As mentioned in the other thread. I think pictures from when they were shipped and when they were received would be a good thing to post.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Cross
Pro

There is another thread?

Get notified of new replies

To FS: Z07 Ace Slick Hyperblack Wheels and Tires [UPDATE ..Resolved see last post]

Old 10-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Cross
There is another thread?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...ould-i-do.html
Old 10-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Cross
Pro

Thank you.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:25 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Quick Reply: FS: Z07 Ace Slick Hyperblack Wheels and Tires [UPDATE ..Resolved see last post]