Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

CEIKA Performance Brakes feedback

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 03:57 AM
C6Will
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEIKA Performance Brakes feedback

CEIKA Performance has a Brakes and Shocks website with a 15 day returns policy for a FULL REFUND on custom kits:
CEIKA DENIED MY RETURN 2 WEEKS BEFORE SHIPPING IT (AGAINST MY WILL) BASED ON AN EXCLUSION THAT WAS NOT MADE KNOWN TO ME PRIOR TO SALE. THIS IS ILLEGAL! (They claim their logo on the caliper is extra custom or something stupid!)THE FACTS: They list NO exclusions on their website. They list NO % reductions in return amounts for returns on logo types or paint colors (mine was black, hardly custom) NOTHING. THIS IS LEGALLY REQUIRED IN ORDER TO DENY A STANDARD RETURNS CLAIM, YET, CEIKA DENIED my return 2 weeks BEFORE it even shipped! Their only excuse is that I SHOULD OF KNOWN it's non refundable! All things considered, why the hell would a reasonable person read the website's return policy and expect the opposite!? They NEVER TOLD ME my specific kit was extra custom and non refundable. That's a legal requirement in this case. WE fought for two weeks, and PAYPAL SAID ON AT LEAST 5 OCCASIONS THEYD REFUND MY MONEY IF I REFUSED THE ITEM, once I did and its in customs leaving the country, PAYPAL REJECTED MY CLAIM BECAUSE OF A LOOP-HOLE, something about no buyer protection with "CUSTOM" ITEMS IN THEIR POLICY and NOW CEIKA HAS MY MONEY AND THE BRAKES....... Paypal didn't do JACK to help, instead they lured me into a false sense of security so id purchase from Taiwan, allowed CEIKA to screw me without doing anything, and then coached me to refuse the item so they could leave me with nothing. DONT FALL FOR THIS, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

UPDATE 9/14/13 - STILL NO REFUND FROM CEIKA!

UPDATE 9/13/13

WOW PayPal just closed the appeals case (2nd CLAIM) too now after wasting 2 weeks because item is "custom". UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE, CEIKA's OWN website says the 15 day return policy is for its CUSTOM PRODUCTS! No protection whatsoever from PAYPAL because of this loophole! RUN FOR THE HILLS FROM CEIKA. If I don't get my money back like im supposed to with Wells Fargo, then CEIKA just TOOK my $3,117 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Owner says I should of known this item is EXTRA custom even though I was NEVER properly notified nor is it posted on the website that it doesn't fall under standard returns policy!!!! Horrible... 6 Paypal REPS told me to refuse item for full refund, then the DAY im supposed to get refund after I refuse item, THE WHOLE PLOT CHANGES and they tell me he can keep the money and the BRAKES if my bank doesn't figure it out!!!!!!! **** PAYPAL. No coverage on this at ALL. The only reason I trusted the seller is because PAYPAL had their name on it. All I get everytime I call PAYPAL is a bunch of teen Indians with no clue who can barely speak English!

OLDER POST-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey whats up everyone, just giving you some feedback about a less known brake company that promises to save you money but has some pretty dishonest business practices I think. I put a video up on youtube so you can see what happened to me. I hope you stay away from these guys until they get their act together! If that ever happens. I'm not a happy camper. Their site says all this stuff about policy and then they try to do whatever they want. LUCKY i had PAYPAL or i'd be even more screwed! Will

9/13/13 UPDATE NOTE ( ALSO IT'S TAIWAN NOT MALAYSIA, CORRECTION)
(TURNS OUT PAYPAL WONT COVER IT BECAUSE ITS A 'CUSTOM PRODUCT' EVEN THOUGH THATS WHAT THE SITE SAYS IS COVERED UNDER THE RETURN POLICY! CEDRIC- The jerk owner that wont honor the return policy even though i gave him notice 2 fn weeks before he sent it says it's extra extra custom whatever that means. I MIGHT NOT GET MY MONEY BACK AND THE SELLER GETS TO KEEP THE BRAKES! FEELING SUPER SCAMMED. I know in the US if a merchant has a publicly posted return policy for their custom items, they HAVE TO GIVE YOU NOTICE if the item youre ordering doesn't fall under their standard return policy! WTF more below)

Last edited by C6Will; 09-14-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:51 AM
zdonner
Instructor

Wow.... Thanks for sharing that information, I've never heard of them but things like this need to be shared.

Good luck with getting things settled.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:49 PM
C6Will
Intermediate

UPDATE: THE NIGHTMARE CONTINUES

Ok, so i refused the packages, just like the 7+ Paypal reps told me to do, saying that when i do ill get a full refund- and then i got an email today:

Dear Bill Andersen,

"We have concluded our investigation into your claim detailed below. We
regret to inform you that we were unable to resolve this case in your favor
because the claim was incomplete, filed incorrectly, or outside the bounds
of coverage as defined in our User Agreement.
According to our buyer protection policy, any customized item is not
coverred.
As a result, we have not taken any action at this time. Please be assured
that this case has been noted in the seller's record for future reference."
-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Seller's Name: 高橋 結香 ----- SOME FREAKING JAPANESE NAME
Seller's Email: cocosheabutter@gmail.com ------------- SOME WEIRD EMAIL THAT ISNT CAR RELATED AT ALL
Seller's Transaction ID: 55S52213NN6163522

Transaction Date: Aug 22, 2013
Transaction Amount: -$3,113.02 USD
Your Transaction ID: 3A030xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Case Number: PP-002-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Buyer's Transaction ID: 3A030258N7xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They don't want to honor the refund policy because Paypal buyer protection doesn't cover "CUSTOM MADE GOODS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She told me that she can file for an appeal but admitted that I MIGHT LOSE BOTH THE MONEY AND THE BRAKES since i returned them, even though they all told me to do this. All the reps are 20 years old with broken indian/English accents.......

Im devastated guys..... According to the law, UNLESS the SELLER provides you written notice that your order is an EXCEPTION to the RETURNS POLICY, they have to honor their return policy, but Paypal doesn't care. Looks like this foreign brake site is banking on their no "CUSTOM" returns technicality clause....... its fn awful! BEWARE

Last edited by C6Will; 09-13-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:00 PM
JeffC5
Melting Slicks

Location: Edmond, OK...One of the first rules of online forums: If you don't like what is said but can't refute it, attack the poster.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you use a credit card for your PayPal transaction? If so, is there any recourse there?

So sorry about your bad experience. Thanks for the warning.

Jeff
Old 09-13-2013, 04:08 PM
C6Will
Intermediate

Hey Jeff, thanks for your comment. I just got off the phone with Wells Fargo. I previously filed a pending claim with them back on the 1st awaiting the PAYPAL results. Turns out they are going to pursue PAYPAL and have said i am to receive a full refund in one to two business days in my account! Ill sigh a HUGE sigh of relief WHEN its in my account, but it looks like their going to go take it back.... Will keep you all posted.

Will
Old 09-13-2013, 05:16 PM
e weezie
Racer

Wow, can't believe I considered ordering from them. Sorry you had to go through this man. Sounds like they have been ripping people off the same way for a while. I thought PayPal was more safe than that too.

Best of luck getting all of your money back.

Eric
Old 09-13-2013, 05:41 PM
AimHigh
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Will
Hey Jeff, thanks for your comment. I just got off the phone with Wells Fargo. I previously filed a pending claim with them back on the 1st awaiting the PAYPAL results. Turns out they are going to pursue PAYPAL and have said i am to receive a full refund in one to two business days in my account! Ill sigh a HUGE sigh of relief WHEN its in my account, but it looks like their going to go take it back.... Will keep you all posted.

Will
Paypal or CC is the only way to go to make sure you are covered.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 PM
C6Will
Intermediate

WOW PayPal just closed the appeals case too now because item is "custom". UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE, CEIKA's OWN website says the 15 day return policy is for its CUSTOM PRODUCTS! No protection whatsoever from PAYPAL because of this loophole! RUN FOR THE HILLS FROM CEIKA. If I don't get my money back like im supposed to from Wells Fargo, then CEIKA just TOOK my $3,117 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:17 PM
C6Will
Intermediate

REST OF THE STORY - BURNED BY PAYPAL OVER A TECHNICALITY

Old 09-14-2013, 08:11 AM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

damn that some **** right there!!! Really sorry to hear that. Paypal Fcking suck, bunch of dumb ***, and a total waste of time! Now we even won't be covered!!!! I fell your frustration!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:48 PM
CEIKA
1st Gear

Default CEIKA Limited reply

Hello everyone.

This post is very long, and a bit complicated but so got the situation with Will. Please bare with me and read through this post.

We are very sorry about this issue with Will, but trust me it hasn't been easy for us. We always deal with car enthusiasts and passionated people and everybody understand the hard work we put in our product and personal interest in every customer inquiries.

We did the same with Will, gave him great advised and he thank us for that.

Will is trying to make us look like our policy is fake and we do not honor any refunds or warranties.

Furthermore he is making us look like we are trying to steal his money and the kit! We are not this kind of people sorry Will. And i have been trying to communicate with you but the truth is that you seem to have a hard time reading any emails we send, policies, and websites content.

Let's forget one second about this special finish that's not advertised that he asked for and look at this from this simple fact and accusation that we do not follow our simple 1 line return policy. It's short and simple as people don't read policies. Yet the point and limitation are pretty clear.

This is our policy: "- If you are not satisfied with our products, you have 15 days to return your kit for a full refund."

We are saying that it's obvious and everybody who ever read our website will understand that it is from the date of delivery that this custom satisfaction warranty 15 days period starts.

Returning the kit implies that you received it ok? You cannot return a product that hasn't been received. I don't see how you can argue this point. It does not say "to cancel your order" and it does not say "15 days to tell us you want to cancel". It clearly states that you have 15 days to return the kit.

Will refused the delivery of his kit and changed his mind 6 days after ordering. It's just that he changed his mind about the purchase. There is nothing about his satisfaction of our kit since he didn't receive it.

We understood that Will was confused with this sentence (as well as with every single other aspect of his order and also about the difference between Taiwan, Malaysia and Thailand, see videos), so we even told him ok let's follow your interpretation of the policy. According to him it's from the date of purchase. We need around 10 working days for manufacturing and 5 working days for shipping. It's written everywhere, and i even told him myself before he purchased on the chat. Yet he told us he didn't know about this.

How can one possibly think it's from the date of purchase since it takes around 20 days to just receive the kit? (~15 working days).

And if it is from the date of purchase then we couldn't accept the return since it was well passed the 15 days delay to return the kit when he received it.

He ordered on the 23rd of August. We started the making process the same day. We shipped the kit within our normal delays, with normal express shipping and the first delivery was attempted by TNT 21 days later after ordering. (normal delay).

We were nice and understanding and told him to choose the interpretation and explain us how his refund claim was complying with our policy. He never replied clearly.

Here is what he said: "15 days - I don't even want to respond to this, sorry, because it doesn't influence whether or not I should get my refund. Like I said I contacted you within 6 days, so the 15 days from purchase or delivery doesn't even matter. I don't think you should keep bringing it up that I originally thought it was from purchase. I know I was wrong, but once again, it is in large part because your returns page is so brief and vague. I admit I didn't go and look up how long it takes to get the order. I thought about it after I got into bed and forgot to check, and then I remember the youtube video and just got it in my head it was 6 days."

Well Will, it's the only limitation of our refund policy, you said you were wrong, yet you say this limitation doesn't matter? Every shop has limitation regarding the length and way products should be returned. Ours implied that you need to receive it. It's also clearly stated on our warranties page that all our warranties (including customer satisfaction) are from the date of delivery (customer satisfaction is an expressed warranty that's why further details are listed on the warranties page).

So after 6 days, Will emailed us and first told us about the fact that he wanted a refund. The weird think is that he was talking like he had the kit in hand already and was ready to return it. He kept using the word "return" even in the videos. He though it would take 6 days to manufacture and ship altogether from Taiwan! How is it physically possible? (remember we told about the build time before he ordered, we tell all our customers actually).

He said: "Unfortunately, I have been strongly advised by someone very close that I trust not to buy these brakes. Im very sorry for taking your valuable time, but I am not satisfied with my purchase and do require a refund minus the 100$ restock fee, because I know it's custom order, plus the return shipping. I am very sorry for taking your time, but again, I am truly not satisfied and require the forwarding address so that I can return this item. Please don't make this hard for me. I have very high regards for your customer service, and again I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you again. Will Andersen"

Did you thought we didn't know we were still building your kit? How does that relate to the satisfaction of our product itself? You are talking about the purchase and you changed your mind for some random reasons not the actual kit itself.

Our policy is worded that way so it means that the customer has to see the kit to say if he is satisfied or not. This is what this simple sentence means and it cannot be argued. We are not sending you products that are off the shelf, if that was the case you would have gotten your refund long time ago.

Please don't tell me we are doing fall advertising since we stand by our policy. We accept those refunds if you are not satisfied after receiving the kit. I'm not going to change the policy to say we do not accept refunds!

Onto the next point: You contacted us 6 days after ordering saying you changed your mind because of a friend and without having received the kit and being in the ability to say: i see the kit, i am not satisfied with your kit. I want to return it within the 15 days time.

Do people here really think that his request falls into our policy coverage? From either point of views and interpretation. He didn't follow the policy.

He didn't read the product page at all. He still does not even know that our factory is in Taiwan. In the first video, he said we were in Malaysia, then on the second video he said Thailand…

He told us he wanted to buy straight away and very late at night on the first contact! He tried purchasing non stop on our official website company payment provider (2checkout U.S. based payment provider) which IS NOT a personal account but the official company account! He tried 15 times and had his IP blocked by our payment provider because he had reached is card limit and tried so many times. He then tried during 2 days of trying to pay and removing his card limit but IP was still blocked. We bent over back and forth trying to solve the issue and calling payment provider etc. but Will was getting very impatient to purchase. And the only verified paypal we had on hand was from one of our Japanese staff (a woman). We even told him sorry about the girly paypal account email name and told him it was our staff's personal paypal!

He knew the company official payment provider as he even called them (they accepts Paypal and Credit Cards that's why we don't have our own paypal account, 2checkout does a great job at handling the awful paypal customer service for us).

I told Will that his IP got blocked and we could send the invoice from an alternate verified Paypal account.

He said: "That's be fine. Let's do that. Thanks Cedric."

I warned him about the email name being "girly": I said: "I will send you the invoice straight away via Paypal. Don't mind the address cocosheabutter@… lol it's the account of my Japan staff. The account is fully verified etc. of course. I'm currently in Japan with our Japan team."

He then replied: "Thanls for all your help Cedric. Cant wait to get the brakes. "

Now he is saying how this paypal address is dodgy and that we don't even have a company…?? Seriously!!?

Now onto an even more surprising part!

AFTER telling us that he was ready to sue us: "Cedric, after copying all the pages and images off your site so that I'm ready for our court date, there are a number of reasons you're going to lose on this,"

He explained all the reasons, even though we explained to him that he didn't comply to the policy.

We exchanged a few emails where i explained to him the legal aspect and everything clearly, and why we were just simply following our own policies and his accusation of lying in the policy were no founded.

Then he sent us this email which really surprised us:

"I just think you need to really have someone American who knows marketing and cars and brakes, who can take calls here, make people feel like this is a U.S. company too, and take this to the next level here in a potent way.
I think you have a lot of potential. I have been researching your company, and I am liking it more, but I still am not sold. I still want my refund for now because I still don't like the fact that no one is here, that youre arguing and your in the wrong, and I still think you have to be held accountable for what your website says, but I am making you an offer.....

I would like to discuss making me an agent or a field rep or a distict sales rep or something like that, and allow me to make a few minor improvements with you to your website. I would like to consult with you on just adjusting it so that you are protected and so customers understand the policies properly. The checkout is very good, everything mainly looks great only you need to have the that CAD special option I ordered as a finish thats available in the menus. Um, whats HUGE in sales of this type are having the best photos and the best video shots of your product. I googled your brand in the IMAGES tab, and I cant believe how good your product looks coming out of the box on youtube but there are almost NO OTHER PICTURES! Like some kids home video is the best thing on there! You have nothing like that on your site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND you are definitely not marketing this online like you could be.

I think its an interesting opportunity for the right person to make some money here in the U.S. I think. So.... I hope you will consider having a conversation with me about working together on an arrangement, and I would like to see if we can help each other. It may seem odd that I still want my refund, but let me make this clear, right now, I don't feel like im sold.

If I work with you and nail things down and stuff and ok maybe later. Of course if I sell them I have to be a customer. I know this. Ok, but yeah, I really think you would do well if you checked out ADV.1 website. They have tons and tons and tons of the BEST cars with their wheels on them. That is how you get respect. You flood the internet with pictures of your brakes on the coolest cars there are. GTR's Corvettes Aston Martins Bentleys Ferrari's Mercedes all of those, you need TONS of pictures by a very artistic, quality photographer, and you bomb the internet with them and you put a gallery on your website. That would REAAAAAAALLY help your sales. That would probably TRIPLE your sales. I have friends that are insane photographers. I am not going to charge you for anything I don't have to. I don't want to make money off of you.

I just think I can help with sales significantly and handle this region if you don't have someone doing that, and we both can make a lot more money if we can come to an agreement. Im just saying lets talk on the phone. If not, I understand too, but I am telling you I think we can help each other. I think you need it and I think I can increase sales. Anyway, again I must sleep.

Will"

When Will sent us that, i really thought wow, what is going on? How can a guy who is threatening a company to take them to court, go over the net spreading wrong facts and then later on say that he wants to be a distributor, make money on ALL OF YOU in the corvette crowd, and the whole U.S. market, based on a product that he doesn't trust, from a company that he thinks is trying to rip people off, without even trying our products in the first place! He sent us this email on the 3rd of September.

At that point, i didn't know what to say and i just ignored. But apparently Will was full-on and 1h later (it was again very late at night.) he sent us this even crazier email lecturing us about our brand name and stating the real reason why he wanted a refund which was even more crazy than the first one!

Here is his email:

"Hey Cedric, one other thing. I cant sleep because I was thinking about the American BBK market....... I have some EXTREMELY VALUABLE ADVICE for you......... youre not going to like it most likely, but it is EXTREMELY VALUABLE I think to you and maybe to me down the road.........

Ok so here me out........ Lets talk about customers........

QUESTION who is most likely to buy your big brake kits here in the US?????????????????????

Ill tell you who, mostly MEN. And men with some money to burn........ Even at $3k, that's a chunk of change! The young guys usually cant scrape that up especially in a down market, so the MEN with toys..... or the drug dealers... or the financially irresponsible guys that drive a nice car and live in a shack..... haha

I know very few women that do, they don't care about brakes like guys do.

Ok...

So what types of men here in the US buy BBK's???? Besides ones with money to burn?..... What else?....

Some track guys of course, plenty of those, BUT the track is more money than most people wanna spend because tires and brakes and all that is a lot more than the drag strip..... so the big volume is going to be guys that want to upgrade their brakes to make their cars look cool for their friends.

SOCIAL STATUS

Out of all my friends, we're never going to USE the brakes around town............... There's no way. The stock ones are plenty good at stopping, they just tend to FADE on the track, but I never have any problems with my stock brakes on the street and I don't track because its $1200 per set of tires. That's stupid.

So why am I buying big brakes then?????

STATUS.......

Its to make my car look cool. That's what it is with most guys. Come on im not an idiot, it's gonna slow me down at the drag strip. I know this, but I don't care. It makes my car look cool!

Ok so now let's think about this Cedric, if 90% of the guys around here are buying these big brakes for their Trucks, Their Corvettes, their Dodge Challengers, their whatevers right, and they are buying them for STATUS, then how do you think they will respond to a brand name like Ceika???

Im telling you the first thing I think of is SEGA!!!! The freaking Japanese game console.

So immediately I think Asian made crap. (no offense, lots of stuff made there is great) But Immediately...... That's what I think...

OK so if I got a sweet ride, and I go online looking for a set of brakes.... Right, lets say I have a Mercedes or a Ferrari or something, right, what do you think is the first thing that goes through my mind when I imagine your brakes on my car??????

Well ill tell you, im wondering what my friends are going to think. That's the first thing.

The whole reason im buying the brakes is to impress people! Honestly that's it.

So......

When they see my brakes, you know what theyre going to say...... WHAT IS CEIKA? SOUNDS LIKE SEGA!

Instantly instead of looking like a pimp, like a bawler cool, like rich, instead im going to look like cheap for buying off-brand brakes!

It's like buying a fake diamond.......... its worse than not having the diamond at all! lol

Ok.... And honestly, this is one of the huge reasons I changed my mind about your brakes. It may sound silly, but the truth is, because its a STATUS based purchase, AMERICANS are going to be WAY less likely to buy- when it has a cheap sounding name like Ceika!

So.....

Look at the most successful brake company out here BREMBO.

It sounds Italian or American I don't even know what country it is from its BREMBO!!!!! YEAHHH Those brakes ROCK! Theyre AWESOME. That's all I know.... That's why they can charge so much money and get away with it. That's why FORD put them on the 5.0 Mustangs, because it gave them credibility and made them really cool, and look theyre selling those mustangs like CRAZY. Theyre EVERYWHERE. Its affordable STATUS.

Do you see??? If I got BREMBO BRAKES on my VETTE, all my friends are going to be like DAMNNNN THOSE BRAKES LOOK BADASS MAN!!!!!!

And they KNOW how much they cost, so it makes me look like im doing well, like im rich, and I achieve my status by buying them, and that's the whole friggin point. Do you understand? That's why I buy brakes, to look successful, to make my car look better, more expensive, CUSTOM, SPECIAL.

This is so important to you doing well here in this market.

Now the rice rocket guys with the Japanese cars and Korean Cars and all that, they wont care if your name sounds Asian. They wont, because everything about their car IS Asian. GUYS like me though, with big V8's and V10's and stuff, we look at them like they are little boys. Theyre cheap. We look down on anything that isn't a V8 or bigger.

Out here in LA, and all the big cities for that matter, Asian car isn't cool unless its a LEXUS. Other than that, it sucks. We drive Audis, BMW's, Porsches, Range Rovers, Corvettes, Big Fast Muscle Cars are cool, stuff like that.

Out here, no one is going to feel like that social status is being achieved with a BBK called CEIKA. It's not going to happen. Why else do you think I wanted the logo in CAD and inconspicuous and hidden and subtle as possible??

So your name is going to kill off a large part of your success with the people who really have money. You can say it wont, but I am telling you, In this Region, it really will affect your sales. Ceika looks like it sounds like SEGA.

So I am suggesting a website and a brand name for America and Europe. Something similar to Brembo that will be able to compete directly with them. You will have a similar product with the gloss finish or cad logo, but your price will be much more competitive............................. .....!!!

Ok...... I can come up with some names for you since I am from the area and very interested in the brand and representing it, but I really don't think that youre going to be taken seriously with CEIKA as your name here. In fact, that's a main reason I don't like the brakes other than that you don't have any local customer support or service branch..........

Ok, so I hope you understand. I commend you on how far you've come. I do, and like I said maybe I can help you sell a ton of these out here if we can work something out.

Will "

Crazy right?

To that, to cut short. I just replied a long email saying that I'm a true car enthusiast myself. I assemble my own engine, all wiring, dyno tuning, chassis work, even soldering ECUs etc. Some of my car builds and mods are unique. I try to think outside of the box. CEIKA is my passion and pride, we never ripped off anyone, or stole from anyone. As a serious enthusiast, we don't market our products for "pimp and bawlers" but for race use and high performance customers. That's our first concern. Then if other people like it too, that's great and they would care about performance and quality first as well just as much.

Now people, i hope you can understand the situation of dealing with someone like that. Someone that has no respect whatsoever for the whole car enthusiast community, the customized products that we build and our simple and friendly approach to customers. This guy is just fake and lying about everything. And making all your community look bad. I felt really sorry. We never deal with such people.

He even lied to TNT and told the driver that he didn't order this product, to avoid delivery. I told him before that this was unlawful. I also warned him myself not to waste his time with Paypal right away and that paypal doesn't cover extra customized items. Just like the U.S. consumer laws, when you change your mind on a purchase. Everything that's on our website is just extra expressed warranties we offer based on goodwill.

Check the TNT tracking for yourself: 476843489
13 Sep 2013
11:34:00
Los Angeles
Receiver Refused Delivery. Shipment Not Ordered

You might also notice how quick our deliveries are! 3 days to the U.S… Like if we tried to delay anything...

He said to us that he read the return page and warranty page before buying, whereas in fact, the chat log shows that he didn't even visit those pages at all before buying! He told us he just read those pages after first telling us he wanted a refund.

I told him he rushed into this sale too quickly, and we do not cover simple change of mind.

See how rushed he was to put his order through: (time was in Japan so late evening in CA)

Staff
10:30 AM
If the templates fit you can go with the Small 8 pot 356x32mm front and Small 6 pot 356x28mm rear. Or large 6 / 4 pot.
They will have the same clearances.

Visitor 41364531
10:30 AM
ok so ill go check as soon as i get your email...

Staff
10:34 AM
No worries. I might be able to email them today or tomorrow for sure.

Visitor 41364531
10:34 AM
wait one sec
id like to get the brakes ordered and be done with it

Staff
10:35 AM
yes

Visitor 41364531
10:36 AM
what if i just order, and lets say i order spacers too, what size would i get?
the brakes will def clear the inside of the rim.... but not necessarily the spokes right, but the spacer fixes that....

The guy wanted to order directly even though we advised to check templates to insure proper fitment. Then he had an extra 2 days with the payment issue to think this through before paying!

Then he acknowledged that he was a pioneer in the Corvette community and we had a deal with him to review the product on here: (i also told him at that time about the manufacturing time).

Visitor 41364531
10:57 AM
any coupons?

Staff
10:57 AM
You can then proceed to checkout. We will need 7 to 10 working days to custom build your kit to your specs and 3 to 5 days shipping to your door. We ship via UPS to the U.S., it's the cheapest and very fast and reliable.

Staff
10:58 AM
You already get a discount about $80 i think for this kit if you buy front and rear. If you want to post a review/videos on Corvette forums i can give you a 50$ discount on top of that. Or free stainless front and rear pistons.

Staff
10:59 AM
The discount should show above the totoal.
total.

Visitor 41364531
10:59 AM
Ill definitely post a review with pictures. I am a member.

A little later:

Visitor 41364531
11:11 AM
sorry its 2 am here and i been working all day im not slow i swear

We told him the logo finish was special too, as anyway it's not advertised anywhere on the website. He said he wanted the finish and to compensate for the lack of visibility.

he added:

"Yes please, all black on black like the youtube video. It looks the best. If you put a couple of different sized decals in the box, ill put that on the car, and so people will definitely see your brand. Hows that

Btw, ill need black decals with my custom color setup. I'm Yellow now, but I might wrap it matte white or orange, not sure, so black decals would really help."

We said deal. The logo finish was added as a extra comment in the order section too. It's not an option we offer as standard customisation.

We didn't advise drilled and slotted, we advised slotted only, because we thought he wanted performance. There is nothing cheap or chinese made about our rotors. They are the highest design and quality and all made in Taiwan, and not China. (There are no more rotors made in the U.S., even Brembo has subsidiaries in China btw.)

Our rotors are 2pcs alloy, we have full floating rotors with H type fasteners and anti-rattle plates. We don't make them full of all because it just reduces the mass too much and therefore endurance. They also have curved inner vanes and flow a lot of volume of air.

Will's analysis of a quality rotor:

"Brembo

144 Holes (Almost TWICE AS MANY AS CEIKA)

StopTech

144 Holes (Almost TWICE AS MANY AS CEIKA)

CEIKA

74 Holes (Where are the rest of them?)

So just like the photos show from all the major brands, "Cross Drilled" Rotors are supposed to have WAY MORE DRILLED HOLES than what your rotors do. THATS WHAT I WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE until I let you start telling me I didn't need them…."

I don't know how can someone trust somebody like that who doesn't even have a tiny bit of credibility and he was just ready to screw every single one of you to make his money on selling our great products under some fake name and buy himself a set of Brembo so he could look like a rich pimp. (using his words of course).

Someone please talk some sense to him. We are not going to steal his kit. It's waiting with TNT at the moment. You will only find great reviews of our services on the net. The truth is that we often go further than our own policy for our customers.

If something is wrong, for example the brake lines are too long or too short by a little bit, you will get new ones posted the next day express all free of charge. In fact we don't even ask customers to send old parts back! Even when making revised brackets. We do satisfy customer satisfaction with our kits!

We've accepted returns in the past or order cancelations because customers totaled their car while waiting for their kit without even charging them restocking (remember, we are enthusiast… We know how bad that makes people feel already).

We've built and swapped new calipers and kits for customers who had trouble with fitment all free of charge. We've done some custom machining on calipers for customers who were too tight on fitment, accepted item posted back to us, machined some materials off the calipers fully custom, then post it back with new paint finish. All this for free for all the custom work! Because we have mutual respects with all our customers and we love to help. But this case was just crazy as you can see and the customer had zero respect for the fact that his order was special and for the reasons for changing his mind about his order.

Thank you for reading everyone. I look forward to read from you. I tried talking with Will he just doesn't read my emails at all and stopped replying to my emails…

Cedric Milharo
CEIKA Limited - Director

Last edited by CEIKA; 09-14-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 09-14-2013, 02:48 PM
C6Will
Intermediate

CEIKA EMAIL SUMMARY - Since you guys probably don't have time to read that ridiculously long email, here's what he's saying in this NOVEL of a post. (I put quotes on what he said to make it easier to follow but I summarized.)

1) CEIKA-"We are not bad people we are not dishonest." WILL-I'll let you decide after reading this thread..

2) CEIKA-"Our 15 day returns policy means you cant return it until we ship it." WILL-That's not normal business practice and unless you specify that in your policy It's not binding. It doesn't specify that ANYWHERE on your returns policy page. BTW I've returned custom orders and paid the restocking fee prior to shipping or delivery at least 4 times in the past with no hitch. (It saves the seller time and money.) And let me get this right, if I would of waited until the boxes got to my house, THENNNN you would of happily refunded my money? GREAT STORY CEIKA. NOT BUYING IT.)

3)CEIKA-"Will just changed his mind it has nothing to do with satisfaction so he cant return it" WILL-See, why you even bring up your stupid ****ing points like the last one if you made up your mind youre not going to refund it anyway even though you legally have to? Youre just wasting my time. I knew you weren't going to accept the return if I accepted the package! So why even make up that crap about whether I can get a refund after I ORDER or after its SHIPPED? ITS ALL BS. CEIKA IS BS

4) CEIKA-"Well Will, it's the only limitation of our refund policy, you said you were wrong" WILL-NOT EXACTLY- here I said "I know I was wrong" but its out of context. He's trying to act like im admitting fault. IM NOT, Im telling him I KNOW YOURE SAYING IM WRONG about whether the returns policy applies to ORDERED vs SHIPPED products, BUT ONCE AGAIN IT DOESNT MATTER AS I SAID WHY ABOVE, PLUS HE ALREADY SAID HE WOULDNT ACCEPT THE ITEM ANYWAY, SO WHY IS HE EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS?

5)CEIKA-"Do people here really think that his request falls into our policy coverage? From either point of views and interpretation. He didn't follow the policy."
[B]Will-
A) BS!!! YOU HAVE A 15 DAY RETURN POLICY ON YOUR SITE FOR CUSTOM KITS!! what did I buy? A CUSTOM KIT!! I sent you an email just like your returns page asked, following YOUR policy. I gave you plenty of notice so you could cancel the transaction, save yourself 2 weeks of labor and shipping, but you denied my return, worked on it for 2 more weeks and then paid for shipping when I told you I didn't want it!
B)Unless you write it out on your site that returns are ONLY given after I do something xxxxxxxxx and you name an exclusion, you CANT legally expect me to be a MIND READER and wait until shipping to file for a return. Its just not legal. Again, you failed to make me aware prior to sale of something that is NOT a regular business practice.
C) You cant deny a return based on an exclusion that was not made known to the buyer prior to sale. That's illegal. Everything I buy off your site is covered under the standard returns policy unless you exclude it prior to sale by putting those exclusions on the returns page or writing an email and getting an acknowledgement. You NEVER EVER told me that THIS custom kit is non refundable if I order, so your 15 day returns policy remains in tact on my kit. End of story. The burden of proof is on the seller in this case to provide documentation of sent email notification AND acknowledgement in writing, which you NEVER did.

6)Will-With regards to him quoting me on what I said about him needing a rep, I was trying to help his company out plain and simple. Given his prices, he would grow FAST here in America if he was competitive in EVERY way with guys like BREMBO...... BUT THATS A LONG WAY FROM WHERE HE IS. I named some of the reasons I don't think he's competitive, and I offered to work on a partnership with him to try and stop picking on him and help him because I realize he's not American, and he doesn't understand our laws or our business or our rules, but he argued against my valid points, rejected my help, and he acts like he's surprised I would want to get involved and still want a refund. SIGH That's why this guy sucks. He's trying to make me look stupid for offering to help his company and requiring him to stand by his returns policy! Whether or not its a cultural difference or what, what an ***.

7) [B]Will-The rest of his post has to do with chit chat during the transaction process and great stories about helping people and so forth, and I fail to see what sort of bearing any of that has to do with the purpose of the thread which is that he STOLE MY MONEY. He IS bound by the returns policy on his website. It doesn't matter if I was happy with certain parts of the customer service during the transaction process. It doesn't matter that I tried to help him with advice. It doesn't matter what my reasons are for returning the item. It doesn't matter if he did some charity work. ALLLL NOISE!

TALK IS A MUCH WEAKER INDICATOR OF CHARACTER THAN YOUR ACTIONS.

CEIKA has a website with a 15 day returns policy on custom kits. No exclusions are mentioned. He denied my return 2 weeks before it shipped against my will, and his only excuse is that I returned it too early and that I should of known I couldn't return my item! EVERYTHING ELSE IS NOISE. RUN FROM THIS GUY. HES EITHER A CROOK OR HE DOESNT UNDERSTAND THE LAW

Last edited by C6Will; 09-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:57 PM
C6Will
Intermediate

Wells Fargo just began their investigation. Wish me luck!!! Ughh
Old 09-14-2013, 06:07 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

dude buy a good brand name... AP brembo stoptech etc....

hope you get your money back, this is just some crap chinese knock off stuff and isnt worth anything they wont last worth a damn.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:09 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 918 Likes on 577 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 09-14-2013, 06:31 PM
C6Will
Intermediate

It's definitely a hard lesson learned, please warn the others.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:41 PM
JeffC5
Melting Slicks

Location: Edmond, OK...One of the first rules of online forums: If you don't like what is said but can't refute it, attack the poster.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CEIKA,

Remember, Good business starts with good customer service.

You need to step up to the plate and do the right thing.

When it becomes more about profit than people, nothing good happens from that point forward.

And, both you and Will need to learn from this experience.

Jeff

Last edited by JeffC5; 09-14-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To CEIKA Performance Brakes feedback

Old 09-14-2013, 09:41 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by wjnjr
I second that!!!
Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2013, 09:04 AM
meine96ws6
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This seems a bit shady. Why threaten to sue and the expect them to offer you something as a sales rep?
Kinda burned the bridge
Old 09-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

CEIKA will have to be a supporting vendor to post further about his product, however, he posted here to respond to a member's dispute.

Since that has been accomplished.......

Take it offline going forward.

Quick Reply: CEIKA Performance Brakes feedback